• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Park In Front Of Regal Cinema.

nissan_fan

Hey,

I work in fort area and thinking about parking my car at the big car park infront of the regal cinema. I was told by few of my friends that there are parts robbery going on in that car park. However none of them park cars their, and all that happened friend of their freind.

Is there anyone who park in that car park here? Would be very grateful if someone can provide info about the security of the car park.

I used to work in fort, and found that keeping the car at home and taking the bus (which happened to stop reasonably close my office) was much easier and cheaper than parking at that car-park and taking another taxi to the office.

But yeah, considering the size of the car park, the number of relatively hidden away areas of it, and the fact that the thief knowing that you wont be coming back till evening is a bad combination i think.

Hey,

I work in fort area and thinking about parking my car at the big car park infront of the regal cinema. I was told by few of my friends that there are parts robbery going on in that car park. However none of them park cars their, and all that happened friend of their freind.

Is there anyone who park in that car park here? Would be very grateful if someone can provide info about the security of the car park.

Hi Mate, i used to park my car in that car park, but nothing happened apart from the fact that the car is under the direct sun from morning to evening :( ..... anyways, nowadays most of the car parks state "parking is at your own risk".. :rolleyes:

I have parked there once. But that was in a Sunday evening.

There was a security guard just at the entrance of the park and he told that he is there 24/7. He is the same person who issues tickets.

But as Watchman mentioned there's an element of risk since one security guard cannot safeguard all four corners of that large car park and there will be unseen blind spots for thieves.

If you can find a spot just near the entrance, then it will be fine. Otherwise it might be a bit risky to park it throughout the day I guess.

how about the car park in front of lake house? Not sure how far it is from your office but it's relatively safe and there are about three guards/ticket people working there. I used to park there all the time with no probs.

It's the same car park, I believe. The one with the 20 foot hill to get up and down. No idea what the hell kind of building used to stand down there. I park there from time to time when I have to report to my Fort office, but what I dislike the most is the fact that it is in blazing sun. Wouldn't be surprised if there were robberies though, that place is too big for one person to monitor. Have heard rumours that the place will go off soon though, due to all the developments planned for that area.

It's the same car park, I believe. The one with the 20 foot hill to get up and down. No idea what the hell kind of building used to stand down there. I park there from time to time when I have to report to my Fort office, but what I dislike the most is the fact that it is in blazing sun. Wouldn't be surprised if there were robberies though, that place is too big for one person to monitor. Have heard rumours that the place will go off soon though, due to all the developments planned for that area.

Oh well if that's the case... that car park isn't too bad eh? Besides there's a army guard tower on one side and a security guarding a companies vehicles on the other. I really don't see security bieng that much of an issue there. I've never had problem with it either. Although the only bad thing about it is the hill. It's a b**** walking up and down and I used to see people with little marutis just struggling to get up it. lol.One guy almost hit my car when he started rolling down the hill.

It's a b**** walking up and down and I used to see people with little marutis just struggling to get up it. lol.One guy almost hit my car when he started rolling down the hill.

i was also going to experience the same when i parked there to attend cima exam in SLECC..maruti fellow was coming down,i quickly reversed back and somehow managed to aviod hitting on mine..luckily i was at the start of the hill

a friend of mine parked his WRX STi6 there for a week, and yes, made it up the incline with his kit too. but one week was enough to give him the heebie-jeebies. now that beauty sits at home while he takes the bus/train. its much cheaper, if you live close to galle road...

word is that car thieves and "kaada raja's" are all over the place. so be careful in that park.

• 4 weeks later...

agreed.I have same feeling.

• 1 month later...