• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eye In The Sky Traffic Report

Le Sabre

Question

Newsfirst along with Sirasa FM launched a unique programme today to report from a helicopter on the traffic situation on the entry roads to the City during the rush hours in the morning.

The Newsfirst team took off from the Ratmalana airport on board a R-44 helicopter at 7.20am and kept a live commentary on the traffic situation of all entry roads to Colombo.

From today, the Newsfirst team will keep a live update on the traffic to Colombo during the rush hour in the morning during week days.

The commentary will also be aired on Shakthi FM, Yes FM and Y-FM.

Check out the link as well.

http://www.newsfirst.lk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15457:newsfirst-begins-airing-live-news-on-traffic-during-morning-rush-hour&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Source : newsfirst.lk

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i think very soon we'll come to hear that a heli has crashed on to some one's roof or a garden.... Well .. im serious.. Also u know .. theres a government personal who cant stand this channel...i wonder what he would say about this. ;)

Get over your delusion. Helicopters & aircraft don't regularly fall off the sky just like that. These are very reliable machines, and the safety regulations & maintenance procedures are very strictly monitored.

..PRIVATE Money....

Guess they print their own notes then...

Show OFF

Next step will be ‘’ We are the first to do this’’ That’s what, u will hear in very near future. ;)

Hope every body know who own this group of companies…Mxxxx Traffic.

Any way ….at last…wish our Country Good future

Hmmmm interesting to see how many dumb asses join every day :action-smiley-060:

No wonder the senior members think that all newbies are retards.

Hi Friends!

Its

good to be back...after months..

AL changed a lot...bit confused though...

Talking about Traffic update program "Traffic First" IMHO thats a total success.Its sad that the heli is not allowed to enter City by the Air Force.For some top rankers...the war is still on and Ex-SLAF pilots and Private operators are terrorists...sad.

Your inputs /Suggestions will help MBC give you better updates.sure will convay the same to them.

Pleaae feel free to write what you expect for a better service.

Await live video fottages from the sky!!

MINIACE

Regarding Hon Min Ahroff's Helicopter crash..Thats Pilot error!

That scenario is called CFIT.(controlled flight into terrain) due to bad weather.Full respect to my buddies died (Shiran Perera and Ravi Andradi)but thats Pilot error.

Ruling out the explosion theory also since all bodies were tested for explosive and gun powder residues and none were found.

Need more info?

Tail rotor failure...ha ha stop joking here mate!

MINIACE

Thanks for clearing up a few confusions MiniAce.

Didn't know that they were not letting any private operators fly over the city. Is it a political or a military move?

Also the late ministers chopper was NOT shot down? Considering that he was one of the top 5 LTTE targets, it was always given that the LTTE shot down the chopper. CFIT was not even mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for clearing up a few confusions MiniAce.

Didn't know that they were not letting any private operators fly over the city. Is it a political or a military move?

Also the late ministers chopper was NOT shot down? Considering that he was one of the top 5 LTTE targets, it was always given that the LTTE shot down the chopper. CFIT was not even mentioned anywhere.

i suppose the VVIP's still don't feel safe enough to allow choppers over them as they move about in their convoys.

Or maybe it's yet another political blockade we are all too familiar with unfortunately.

OT

MiniAce

any idea about RC aircraft restrictions being relaxed?

have been shopping for toys my little fellow and saw quite a few RC helos...some of them were over 3ft in length and popular shopping malls.

If they are able to sell it without hindrance i'm guessing folks can fly them without an issue :P

Must have been mentioned in the news somewhere, I mentioned it earlier. I must have heard it somewhere.

Must have been mentioned in the news somewhere, I mentioned it earlier. I must have heard it somewhere.

Oh well..... MiniAce's reply cleared many things, most importantly JDNET can now drive safely in Colombo.... :) There will be NO choppers falling on his head due to the restrictions on flying over Colombo... :)

BTW, I saw a whirly bird north of my location in Dehiwela. Looks like those bubble canopy jobs that they used to show in M*A*S*H transporting the wounded. Tho I might be mistaken, it was pretty far away. Is that whats doing the reports?