• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Fm Redio Noise Fix

wbruwan

Question

First turn off the engine and check whether if there is any noise.

If no noise

Start the engine and check.

If noise appears,

most probably the reason would be improper grounding.

Most car audios have outer casing and inner casing. Some people connect the ground cable to outer casing for easy. (They don't use the power connector ground wire.) As a result the circuit board ground doesn't receive 0 volts exactly and noise arise. So correctly ground the unit using shorter length wires will minimize the noise.

If this not works then another reason would be the problem with the input filters of car audio power supply. For this you have to add LC filter before the car audio power supply.

If this noise is with FM channels only (not with the USB) then check your antenna cable connectivity. Connect ground wire to outer connector of the antenna socket.

As you can see in the pic the OP attached and from what he said, he's not using an antenna with a cable, just the built in one like in a pocket/home radio rolleyes.gif

Doesnt look anything like a car unit, BTW did you guys notice the top end has a weird design ? How on earth can you fix that on a single din ? im pretty sure it wont fit.also that antenna in the back is fixed to the unit

:blink:

Those fins out side looks like heat sinks so if they touch something metal thats grounded it will give static.

Doesnt look anything like a car unit, BTW did you guys notice the top end has a weird design ? How on earth can you fix that on a single din ? im pretty sure it wont fit.also that antenna in the back is fixed to the unit

:blink:

Those fins out side looks like heat sinks so if they touch something metal thats grounded it will give static.

I suppose its made to look like a car amplifier unit,but yeah I have no idea where one's supposed to fix it either.

I suppose its made to look like a car amplifier unit,but yeah I have no idea where one's supposed to fix it either.

By the looks of it, I guess these are best suited for Leyland/TATA buses with their big flat dash area..! Bolt it on to prevent it sliding out the door on sharp cornering.. :lol:

By the looks of it, I guess these are best suited for Leyland/TATA buses with their big flat dash area..! Bolt it on to prevent it sliding out the door on sharp cornering.. :lol:

No mate this isnt sufficient, buses these days have huge monitors and sub woofers ;)