• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ignis And Swift

Le Sabre

• 3 weeks later...

true...in Japan it's called swift and In the US and in the EU that is called Ignis..both cars are on a same platform jointly designed by Suzuki and GM..in srilanka, swift has a good reputation..make sure if the suzuki swift is auto and center antenna(front) that got the market..a 2004 model around 17.5-18..side antenna( normally 2002,2003) around 16-16.5..

Yes they're not as good as manuals, as they have a torque converter, which wastes a lot more power meaning more fuel wasted, instead of a clutch as in a manual car which is more efficient. That's why sports/y cars have manuals only still to get the maximum power out while making the driver closer to the car while most other new econo boxes have A/T or CVT coupled to a TC, made for lazy people :)

A manual does better, the one we have does around 12km/l now and that's with the hills and not so economical driving, being quite a light car. Haven't been able to check outstation yet. Besides, it's more fun :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

I got Suzuki Swift ZC71S,A/T,2008,1240cc, with 17" wheels. it came with adjustable KYB shocks. It does around 12.5 city with a/c. but did not go long trip. This engine also same like Ignis?

What is the fuel consumption of this vehicle? how can I check transmition fluid of this vehicle. I couldn't find dipstick (for check A/T fluid). How I know this is A/T or CVT?

Edited by thusithasam

On a general note do manuals still have a market in SL ? As there are plenty of manuals that can be imported and their value would be less as the duty and CIF would be less, but the last time I checked dealers no longer import them as they fear there is no demand for them. What do you guys think ?

On a general note do manuals still have a market in SL ? As there are plenty of manuals that can be imported and their value would be less as the duty and CIF would be less, but the last time I checked dealers no longer import them as they fear there is no demand for them. What do you guys think ?

No I guess. These cars aren't driven by people who like to drive. They just wanna get to where they're going with the minimum of fuss. A clutch and a gear lever is too much for most people I suppose.

Around Colombo, the market is pretty bleak for manuals due to traffic etc. IMO, but in Kandy it's still existing in a small way according to some car dealers (that's what they said when I asked about too many auto vehicles being present) but as mainly importers are in Col, that they don't get any manuals here also.

Speaking of F/C, a friend had removed the rear seats as only he used it, and also chucked out the spare wheel (hoping he'd not get a puncture, and luckily never did upto now), had a quite obvious effect on acceleration and fuel consumption.

Edited by BLu3HaZe