• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can You Get Copped In Sl For Having A Radar Detector?

Az

Question

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

..obstructing the duty of traffic corp...

this is bu_l_s-it.. the prime duty of police is to make sure public safety while making sure the law and justice. I was reading an answer to a question "why both speed cameras and boards saying cameras ahead?" by one of their police chiefs, in an interview to a professional journal (IET, UK). The answer was "the purpose is to drive slow, it does not matter by what means". so their idea is not just to fine, but public safety.

But what our d_nk_ys are doing is "hora police"..hiding behind a tree..let the poor driver on a risk and jump on to the road and fine!

One classic and pathetic example is when they let the driver to cross the crossing while a pedestrian start crossing the road (on a zebra crossing) and try to get caught few yards ahead.. (you can see this happening at the crossing near the Silva Furniture Shop Wattala, I;m sure there are many other places) what really should happen is that these mo_k_ys should stand at the middle of the zebra crossing and should avoid the risk of both the driver and the pedestrian.

The logic is same for the other road signs as well.. I feel if someone file a FR case properly on these cases..either the cops have to stay at police station of do their job for the purpose...but we need to have a CJ like we had few years back....

Hey how much does it cost

bruv mine cost me arnd £290 its the (Beltronics Pro Rx 65 Blue Version) n i bought it down wen i came 4 a vacation . n works superbly , dunno abt hw many bands n stuff but specs r like this

Operating Bands

X-band: 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz

K-band: 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz

Ka-band: 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz

Ku-band: 13.400 GHz ± 25 MHz

Laser: 904nm, 33MHz bandwidth

will the good folks in the customs give me any trouble ?

did you mean good folks in the customs? you have got to be sarcastic :P . dont even think of importing it directly. have somebody hand carry it for you.

bruv mine cost me arnd £290 its the (Beltronics Pro Rx 65 Blue Version) n i bought it down wen i came 4 a vacation . n works superbly , dunno abt hw many bands n stuff but specs r like this

Operating Bands

X-band: 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz

K-band: 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz

Ka-band: 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz

Ku-band: 13.400 GHz ± 25 MHz

Laser: 904nm, 33MHz bandwidth

Hmm is it......thanks bro

You can find radar detectors from $34.99 to $649.99 or more. A 12 band Cobra like mine is around $50.00 and a 15 band Cobra with a hell of a lot features like touch screen,GPS,speed/red light/approaching emergency vehicle allert is available from $99.00 upwards.But I don't know those features will work in SL.

The latest is 22 frequency band AFAIK,some non-main stream manufacturers like Early Warning sell them cheaper but I don't know about their reliability.

Try on EBAY/Amazon.

Surely must get my self one...thanks bro