• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Proton Gen 2

zeem35

value depreciates damn fast!

???? i dont quite agree with u machn...

no one sells the 1600cc stuff for less than 2million

u might get 1 or 2 here & there for 1.9million or below, but petty sure they r hacked stuff!!!

u might notice that there are 3 white Gen2's goin around for very less (not to mention the price) :)

Dunno about you dude, but depreciation of .4 to .5 million in a couple of years at a time when 10 year old Jap cars are increasing in price, I'd call that fast depreciation. And dude, I don't like it, coz we have one and its not nice to see the value drop.

Dunno about you dude, but depreciation of .4 to .5 million in a couple of years at a time when 10 year old Jap cars are increasing in price, I'd call that fast depreciation. And dude, I don't like it, coz we have one and its not nice to see the value drop.

i believe tht's the about the depresiation rate for most of the BRAND NEW cars, not the RECONDITIONED stuff...

& dude... though u think tht the value depriciates, no one sells it for a lower price.... tht's cos the brand new prices hav gone up again...

• 5 years later...

Hello guys,

This seems to be pretty old tread :) btw i have few things to clarify about this model,

1. YOM 2005 Car, would it worth 1.7M, with Mileage 65K, No repairs so far and interair/exterior looks okay, 2nd owner. so is this price justified considering with current market price ?

i have found many same model cars for sale with same millage 60K or some thing very near,I heard that timing belt need to be change at 80k,:-) is there any connection with the timing belt changing and quick sale cars around 60k millage. :-D

Thank you

Hello guys,

This seems to be pretty old tread :) btw i have few things to clarify about this model,

1. YOM 2005 Car, would it worth 1.7M, with Mileage 65K, No repairs so far and interair/exterior looks okay, 2nd owner. so is this price justified considering with current market price ?

i have found many same model cars for sale with same millage 60K or some thing very near,I heard that timing belt need to be change at 80k,:-) is there any connection with the timing belt changing and quick sale cars around 60k millage. :-D

Thank you

Afaik, if the car is a brand new imported one, the odometer is in Miles not Kilometers. So 65k on the odometer is close to 110k in kilometers.

(Proton odometers don't indicate the unit, so I had to cross check with Swedish to verify this)

Ask the owner if the T-belt is changed or not. Ask for records. If its company maintained, take it to their workshop and ask the service advisor to give you a report.

If the T-belt change is pending are you not going to buy the car? Its just going to cost you about Rs 20000 with the oil seals and adjuster (not from the agent). If you are expecting to buy any car and not do any maintenance on it, you are just a cheapskate. Go get yourself a Toyota.

Edited by Crosswind

Afaik, if the car is a brand new imported one, the odometer is in Miles not Kilometers. So 65k on the odometer is close to 110k in kilometers.

(Proton odometers don't indicate the unit, so I had to cross check with Swedish to verify this)

Ask the owner if the T-belt is changed or not. Ask for records. If its company maintained, take it to their workshop and ask the service advisor to give you a report.

If the T-belt change is pending are you not going to buy the car? Its just going to cost you about Rs 20000 with the oil seals and adjuster (not from the agent). If you are expecting to buy any car and not do any maintenance on it, you are just a cheapskate. Go get yourself a Toyota.

Car is imported, as the owner says its his company car so he says 1st owner is company name, and 2nd owner is person who selling the car. Its not about buying a car not expecting to do any maintenance on it :-D ... i just want to know whether there is any major issues related (common ones) with the age (Millage reading) of those cars, i did notice this from few cars, all got same or very close millage readings :-D, so thats why i asked is there any well known problems or major repairs associated with them after those millage readings.

Car is imported, as the owner says its his company car so he says 1st owner is company name, and 2nd owner is person who selling the car. Its not about buying a car not expecting to do any maintenance on it :-D ... i just want to know whether there is any major issues related (common ones) with the age (Millage reading) of those cars, i did notice this from few cars, all got same or very close millage readings :-D, so thats why i asked is there any well known problems or major repairs associated with them after those millage readings.

Odometers could be easily rolled back in Sri Lanka. So if this car had like 25000 on the odo, will u take it?

Just get it inspected thoroughly instead of relying on the odo.

BTW Gen2 has very low ground clearance. If you are planning to do what you mentioned on the Suzuki Jimny thread, then don't buy it.

Edited by Crosswind

If so no use of Millage readings :speechless-smiley-004:

@Crosswind

my budget got decrease :sad-smiley-066: so now i can look ether for Jimny or suszki escardo 94, but unfortunately almost all suszki escardo 94 are sole out, few remaining ones look creepy. Jimny is okay bt its compact plus limited speed, and just come across this vehicle

Proton Gen 2

in the autolanka, it got nice shape, and also price is also looking reasonable.