• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repair Carburetor

mensoft

Question

Hi Friends ,

Can some one tell me a place or a expert person to repair carburetor for a Mitsubishi lancer and how much it will cost to do a good job with repair parts in worst case.

Any body have an idea about Auto Miraj @ Rathmalana ?

Thanks

:(

there is a guy called Ranga.. he is the best.. go to them.. 100% recommended

`

Does this Ranga live near Orugodawatte?

MasterDon,

Urugodawattha once Carburetor Banda lived I was told his son is doing repairs now no experience with him but Banda was a great man who did good repairs for carburetors.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Hi Friends ,

Can some one tell me a place or a expert person to repair carburetor for a Mitsubishi lancer and how much it will cost to do a good job with repair parts in worst case.

Any body have an idea about Auto Miraj @ Rathmalana ?

Thanks

:(

hi mensoft

Usually a good carburetor job costs you labour 2500 + any parts needed most probably carbarator rebuild kit costs

you around 1500-2500 depending on the carburetor model.

i know a person but he is bit far away from location(Horana) if you are willing tell me i will give contact no

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

hi mensoft

Usually a good carburetor job costs you labour 2500 + any parts needed most probably carbarator rebuild kit costs

you around 1500-2500 depending on the carburetor model.

i know a person but he is bit far away from location(Horana) if you are willing tell me i will give contact no

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi ,

Thanks for the help.

I think ill go to automiraj and see . coz the location is close to me.

any way ill update here what has happen. if not ill think about your option too.

any way thanks again.

MasterDon,

Urugodawattha once Carburetor Banda lived I was told his son is doing repairs now no experience with him but Banda was a great man who did good repairs for carburetors.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I also heard about this Banda from my school days . I know He is the Best . But i don't know where is this location .

MasterDon,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

No.This Ranga I'm talking about ain't Banda's son or any other relative.This is a whole new guy who repaired my Magnette's carb and did a pretty decent job.

No.This Ranga I'm talking about ain't Banda's son or any other relative.This is a whole new guy who repaired my Magnette's carb and did a pretty decent job.

if you don't mind can you tell me what the issue you had in your carb and what you replace (parts) and how much its cost for you both service and parts ? do they put the parts or we have to bring and give them parts what need to repair ?

if you don't mind can you tell me what the issue you had in your carb and what you replace (parts) and how much its cost for you both service and parts ? do they put the parts or we have to bring and give them parts what need to repair ?

Hello!.I don't know how my experience is relevent to you as I'm talking about a sixty year old car.But anyway as I remember it had something to do with the Carb's spring loosing it's tension and the replacement of the jet needle,I bought the parts from outside shops upon his request.

BTW I don't think the Ranga I mentioned is the same guy from Automiraj,sorry for the confusion. :)

I also heard about this Banda from my school days . I know He is the Best . But i don't know where is this location .

banda is not there anymore his son or grandson Shantha :unsure: running the place.. i also went to him for repair my carb but didnt work.., then i found the contact details of Ranga from another thread.

Hello!.I don't know how my experience is relevent to you as I'm talking about a sixty year old car.But anyway as I remember it had something to do with the Carb's spring loosing it's tension and the replacement of the jet needle,I bought the parts from outside shops upon his request.

BTW I don't think the Ranga I mentioned is the same guy from Automiraj,sorry for the confusion. :)

Hay, Do u think i have a very good car . no my friend my one also a vary old one its 1976 first generation Lancer (Flat light) ;) .

Hay, Do u think i have a very good car . no my friend my one also a vary old one its 1976 first generation Lancer (Flat light) ;) .

I'm sorry mate.I don't understand what you mean by a "good car".If you are asking if its a good one to own,then yeah!absoloutly!.The only complaint I've heard against is that its a bit more thirstier on fuel than it's fellow Japs of the same era.

banda is not there anymore his son or grandson Shantha :unsure: running the place.. i also went to him for repair my carb but didnt work.., then i found the contact details of Ranga from another thread.

This so called Shantha is supposed to be Banda's son & operates from the same location in Grandpass (aka Kosgashandiya) as I've heard.

His contact number was 777317021 (not sure whether still in use)

• Like 1

Hi Every One ,

Thanks for the help and support of every one. I got done the job from my mechanic. had to buy the carb repair kit and change the platinum set. now its fine. I can feel the differences in the smooth engine. no body will tel its start when it in idle. :D :D

old lancers never dies. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Thanks All.

Guys.

I'm here again to share some info about the Echo test and My carb repair .

I FAILED the Echo test. :speechless-smiley-004:

Reason is CO level is higher in high RPM. and had to repair the silencer too. even after when check the CO level (using some analyzer) it was bit high.

then the mechanic guy started checking the crab.(not the same BAS who did the repair).

Here the my issue :-

last time crab repair there was no linkage to the choke plate and it was close all the time.(not the electric vacuum choke). so the bas made a link with the accelerator and it was opening when accelerating. the new guy said "its wrong and that plate has to be fully open all the time. it used to apply manually when the engine is hard to start when its cold. that's why the mixture is too rich and CO level is high and wasting more fuel." and he made it to fully open. now there is no movement with the accelerator.

SO can some one tel me who is right and what is the correct way to operate this ? :action-smiley-031:

Forgot to say Test pass after this done. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by mensoft

Guys.

I'm  here again to share some info about the Echo test and My carb repair .

I FAILED the Echo test. :speechless-smiley-004:

Reason is CO level is higher in high RPM. and had to repair the silencer too. even after when check the CO level (using some analyzer) it was bit high.

then the mechanic guy started checking the crab.(not the same BAS who did the repair).

Here the my issue :-

last time crab repair there was no linkage to the choke plate and it was close all the time.(not the electric vacuum choke). so the bas made a link with the accelerator and it was opening when accelerating. the new guy said "its wrong and that plate has to be fully open all the time. it used to apply manually when the engine is hard to start when its cold. that's why the mixture is too rich and CO level is high and wasting more fuel." and he made it to fully open. now there is no movement with the accelerator.

SO can some one tel me who is right and what is the correct way to operate this ? :action-smiley-031:  

Forgot to say Test pass after this done. :sport-smiley-004:

Bump