• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Transmission Oil Change

Harshan1975

I have 2007 Toyota Vitz Car. Can I know whether I want to change transmission oil. Car sales owner said that, we won't want to change transmission oil. Thanks.

Why he said you don't wanna change oil. Normally every auto transmission oil needs to change at given interval, and its a must. Or am I missing some thing here? did you just bought a new car or some thing?

I bought a new car. What is the time period to change transmission oil?

This is also discussed so many times in the forum. Please search.

However, is this brand new vehicle and did you got new oil with purchase? Or do you have records when last oil change done? If no records available just start with oil change and continue it with proper intervals. If you just drive without knowing this, it'll be too late when the gearbox damaged.

I have change my vitz trnsmission oil using Havoline ATF-J about two years ago with out knowing much about cvt.

I want to make sure weather i have used the correct transmission oil

Havoline ATF-J for CVT gearbox isn't it? Mobil also having some compatible oils for CVTs. CVT is a very good gearbox I have ever seen. Make sure you change CVT oils at correct time and get the recommendation for agent.

Isn't the Vitz CVT?

The FWD version, yes CVT with SZ engine and that's all I've seen imported here. 4WD version has a normal auto GB with planetary gears and a NZ engine.

I want to make sure weather i have used the correct transmission oil

I doubt you'd have been able to run two years without the GB failing if you'd used wrong oil cuz CVTs are very sensitive. Your manual should indicate in English what oil should be used, though it may be in Japanese.

I have 2007 Toyota Vitz Car. Can I know whether I want to change transmission oil. Car sales owner said that, we won't want to change transmission oil. Thanks.

According to Manufactures(Toyota) Maintenance Schedule, for CVT

Normal Condition - 60,000km/48 months - Inspection.

Severe Condition - 45,000km/36 months - Inspection, 90,000km/72 months - Replace

Don't believe people who do not know correctly. I have the schedule.

You can use genuine Toyota CVT Transmission oil from agent which cheaper than others.

If you ask from Agent, they will also tell you to replace from 40,000km. But It's not true. Becouse, their booklet prepared using old auto transmission schedules.

Edited by gayanath

Do post the schedule you have in one of these numerous threads on Toyota transmissions for the use of everyone who owns a Toyota. :)

Btw, not all GBs, even from the same manufacturer, have same duration of servicing, change of oil etc.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Sorry to go slightly OT, but since we're on the topics of transmissions, does anyone know whether there are any Manual Transmission Vitz's coming to SL? Google only gives the specs of the jap ones which have M/T... would like to see some in sl.. asked a couple of car sale blokes and they say they can't find them at the auctions in Japan. :S

But in the new model, only the Vitz 1.5 RS comes with M/T if I'm not mistaken? And for the F/C conscious buyers of Toyota's, I'm not sure that fits their bill with a 110hp engine, and higher auction price included, would be hard to think of any sales offering that. Only the KSP90 and SCP90 seems available here and they all come with CVTs :(

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

All of the JDM Vehicles (If not Most of them) are not OBD Compliant (OBD is a US Standard) I believe Japanese Domestic vehicles are JOBD Or CAN Bus Compliant. you can scan the Vehicle at the Agents but it comes with quite a Cost.

• 7 months later...

hi,

this page has useful info about maintaining a CVT box used in a Sri Lankan drive. It says 10,000km is the period for oil change for CVT box. I did some web search & I found the same there.

http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/how-to-avoid-cvt-gearbox-failures-in-honda-city-fit-jazz-a-sri-lankan-perspective/

Discuss if you have a different perspective

- DJ

If anything like the CVT box on the civic EK3 better to change every 15000-20000 KM.

Zebra, you are probably right! where did you get that info btw?

Toyota Lanka recommends CVT oil change at 40000km intervals

What? I dont believe it! Afaik a manual box needs it's oil change in 40k!! for a toyota cvt its atmost 15k!!! where did you get that info mate??

Zebra, you are probably right! where did you get that info btw?

What? I dont believe it! Afaik a manual box needs it's oil change in 40k!! for a toyota cvt its atmost 15k!!! where did you get that info mate??

Toyota Lanka should be going by the manufacturer's recommended service intervals.

According to Toyota Japan my RAV4 doesn't need a CVT oil change until 100K unless usage is considered "rough" (since transfer case is connected to it apparently that too is not recommended to be changed until the CVT oil is changed out).Checked this multiple times with them. The one in Tanzania now has 77000kms. Took it for a 75K check-up here at the Toyota agent and they drained a few drops out for inspection and said it was clean. I saw it myself and it actually did look normal (I have never looked at dirty/blackened CVT oil before...but based on "dirt/old" judging criteria for normal oils it looked okay)

• Like 1