• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Maruti A-Star -

gobi

Question

Guys...

I'm Planning to Buy the New Maruti A - STAR Car... Any Idea About this ....?? or reviews.....???

Also I'm not sure about the price.. Pls share if u guys know..

Btw I 'm planning to get it thru Lease.. What about the Lease Interest Rate(Normal - currently in market) for 10Lks for 3 Years....?

Pls share your opinions..

16 answers to this question

Guys...

I'm Planning to Buy the New Maruti A - STAR Car... Any Idea About this ....?? or reviews.....???

Also I'm not sure about the price.. Pls share if u guys know..

Btw I 'm planning to get it thru Lease.. What about the Lease Interest Rate(Normal - currently in market) for 10Lks for 3 Years....?

Pls share your opinions..

Gobi, I think you shouldn't buy the A-star. If calling up A*W and a bank/leasing company is too expensive how on earth would you meet the payments?

Pick the phone and make a few calls man, wont cost an arm and a leg to do so.

Also I doubt there are many users of this Maruti Astar yet, seeking opinions would be a tough ask. I for didn't even know a such model existed.

Gobi, I think you shouldn't buy the A-star. If calling up A*W and a bank/leasing company is too expensive how on earth would you meet the payments?

Pick the phone and make a few calls man, wont cost an arm and a leg to do so.

Also I doubt there are many users of this Maruti Astar yet, seeking opinions would be a tough ask. I for didn't even know a such model existed.

I agree Devaka :)..Gobi you can refer my thread of Astar from this link I am an owner of it. so far so good for me

http://forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/9312-suzuki-astar-car/page__view__findpost__p__135618

I agree Devaka :)..Gobi you can refer my thread of Astar from this link I am an owner of it. so far so good for me

http://forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/9312-suzuki-astar-car/page__view__findpost__p__135618

Thanks Guys..

@ CoolTempo

Can You review the Car little bit more(petrol consumption, speed...etc)_ nd the price also(I couldn't able to contact any A*W showrooms since continnuoly 3 days holiday)..

Eager to hear from you...

would you recommened this to me...???

pls..

Thanks Guys..

@ CoolTempo

Can You review the Car little bit more(petrol consumption, speed...etc)_ nd the price also(I couldn't able to contact any A*W showrooms since continnuoly 3 days holiday)..

pls..

well with regard to petrol consumption, it works around 13-14 with AC in Colombo. outstation more than 18 (estimated when I drove to matara last week) very good control in high speed. clearly shows the effect of an aerodynamic dynamic design of it. i Liked it alot. need more power in traffic which you find it in most of the 1000cc powered cars. u can here the engine noise slightly may be because it is a 3 cylinder engine.looks nice on the road trust me this car makes people to look back again :). hope this will help you..

please check on below link for further details

http://www.carwale.com/research/marutisuzuki-cars/astar/userreviews/

trust me this car makes people to look back again :). hope this will help you..

You got that right... I had to look twice as the headlights looked kinda over sized proportionate to the body, and probably it's one of the good looking Indians..

.looks nice on the road trust me this car makes people to look back again :).

LOL..I'd like to meet these people who are impressed by a Maruti,and keep them from reproducing by cutting off their genetalia...because I want the human kind to carry on this wonderful thing called imagination well in to the distant future,I want our grand children to have as much fun playing with their minds as we do and thus realise The power of dreams!...Amen! :D

...Yet another pubilc service from MasterDon.You're welcome! :P

LOL..I'd like to meet these people who are impressed by a Maruti,and keep them from reproducing by cutting off their genetalia...because I want the human kind to carry on this wonderful thing called imagination well in to the distant future,I want our grand children to have as much fun playing with their minds as we do and thus realise The power of dreams!...Amen! :D

...Yet another pubilc service from MasterDon.You're welcome! :P

During good old days, this is wat the european car owners said for Japanese car owners .... but today things have changed... you cannot think in the same way everyday.... people learn by mistakes and experience... I also had a jap swift(old model) but I dont see a major drawback in this new Maruti Astar ...looks good in every aspect a usual small car should do, it terms of looks its upto the buyer who is willing to buy, if u dont like the headlight size u dont have to buy it..simply as that... but I dont see Maruti800 and alto as good cars..they have to improve alot

During good old days, this is wat the european car owners said for Japanese car owners .... but today things have changed... you cannot think in the same way everyday.... people learn by mistakes and experience... I also had a jap swift(old model) but I dont see a major drawback in this new Maruti Astar ...looks good in every aspect a usual small car should do, it terms of looks its upto the buyer who is willing to buy, if u dont like the headlight size u dont have to buy it..simply as that... but I dont see Maruti800 and alto as good cars..they have to improve alot

Excuse me.I think you need to read the part I quoted in my post.I specifically replied to the part you said "looks nice on the road trust me this car makes people to look back again".It ain't about where the car was built nor does it have anything to do with my "anti indian vehicle sentiments" going overboard.Just commenting on the looks.Maybe the A-star is a good everyday reliable vehicle.but that's all it is.

EDITED

Edited by MasterDon

My first post here. I heard from a friend that the A-star is around 2 Mil for the auto version, which I think way too high but anyway you should check with A*W. As an alternative I think you should check out the Perodua Viva at Uni*Mo going at around 1.5 Mil for the auto version, besides its got a Daihatsu Engine and Tranny

Thanks Guys..

@ CoolTempo

pls..

A-Star Auto cost you 2,025,000 Rs and have to wait abput 3 months to get in to your hand. Excatly it looks nice and solid aero dynamic model.

Contact Mr Divan if you want more details on 0772364825

In Auto version you get ABS with EBD but no air bags.According to the agent tranny is japaneese.

PERODUA VIVA full option Auto matic cost you around 1.8million and eqipped with two air bags and ABS with EBD. Alloy wheel and many more options.

But A-star outer apperance is much better than VIVA.

I am generally not going in to Indian cars still. I saw 2 or 3 parked in Katugastota showroom sometime back, looks good from out side. Don't feel headlights are over sized, but the the poped up signal lights together with headligh makes it little out of shape to me.

I think unregistered toyota vitz goes around 2.3M these days. I would compare the features to car like Vitz and deside. If this does not offer, air bags, abs, and other gadgets inside I would not go for A-star but still prefer recon jap in similar class.

Edited by MkX

I am generally not going in to Indian cars still. I saw 2 or 3 parked in Katugastota showroom sometime back, looks good from out side. Don't feel headlights are over sized, but the the poped up signal lights together with headligh makes it little out of shape to me.

I think unregistered toyota vitz goes around 2.3M these days. I would compare the features to car like Vitz and deside. If this does not offer, air bags, abs, and other gadgets inside I would not go for A-star but still prefer recon jap in similar class.

the automatic verson offers ABS breaks and air bags... its worth to pay that price bcos its brand new... however, i feel the automatic version is a bit over priced.

Prices: Manual 16m, auto around 20m