• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Passat 18t (2002yom)

isurujosh

All I know is that is costs about 4 million used. Its a pretty good car. But for that price there are a lot of cars you can consider. You can even go brand new and get a sonata or optima which will have the same options.

Tnx mate!

4mn. "used?" u mean even more exp. than a contempory BMW or Audi? is it worth the price?

Tnx mate!

4mn. "used?" u mean even more exp. than a contempory BMW or Audi? is it worth the price?

Yep thats the price of it these days. I dont know if its actually worth the price. Its does look good, and its quite large. Option wise too it is loaded. Its got traction control and about 4 airbags. A beemer or merc might be a better deal though if you can get one for that price.

untitled4dp2.png

Yep thats the price of it these days. I dont know if its actually worth the price. Its does look good, and its quite large. Option wise too it is loaded. Its got traction control and about 4 airbags. A beemer or merc might be a better deal though if you can get one for that price.

untitled4dp2.png

me too read some good reviews about this ride, suppose to be sharing the A4 ngine too, tnx so much for the tips!

• 4 years later...
Guys please reply with info about the aforementioned ride.

Price?

Fuel econo?

reliability?

Maintanability(mechanics/parts/prices)?

any issues?

Things to watch out when buying one?

Tnx in advance!

Need almost the same info on 2003 passat 1.8T. Can you guys share what you know about this car. How is the agent dealing with repairs on this? Are they a totally dependable agent or better look else where for maintainance kind of and if something goes wrong, are we talking about waiting months till they get a certain part. Any specific issues that one would need to check out on a passat with a milage of 80K.

All I know is that is costs about 4 million used. Its a pretty good car. But for that price there are a lot of cars you can consider. You can even go brand new and get a sonata or optima which will have the same options.

Are you sure? A few months ago when I saw searching for a car I saw one on the net for 1.8 mil. And now I just saw one (pre face lift) for 1.5 mil. (Dunno how old the advert is though.). Both of them post 2000 models.

Need almost the same info on 2003 passat 1.8T. Can you guys share what you know about this car. How is the agent dealing with repairs on this? Are they a totally dependable agent or better look else where for maintainance kind of and if something goes wrong, are we talking about waiting months till they get a certain part. Any specific issues that one would need to check out on a passat with a milage of 80K.

was considering a passat... both the ones I looked at were ~80k. This is about the time where you may have to get the timing belt kit replaced. door locks tend to give some trouble as well. usually the interior will have some issues (roof fabric coming off - typical for most european cars) etc.

unless you're really good with cars, I would suggest to stick to vehicles that have maintenance history at carmart or senok (and avoid the ones repaired by mechanics who visit your home - not because they're necessarily bad, but because you don't have records)

there are few places in panchi who can bring down genuine parts if the agent doesn't carry them (within 2-3 days); check if carmart/senok will repair using ownersourced parts - i think they will.

Are you sure? A few months ago when I saw searching for a car I saw one on the net for 1.8 mil. And now I just saw one (pre face lift) for 1.5 mil. (Dunno how old the advert is though.). Both of them post 2000 models.

I digged up a 4 year old thread.. hence you see the pricing like that. Now the going price for a 2003 is about 2.4 mil.

Hi,

one of the common problems in the 18T engine (20V engine) is oil starvation to the head.This happens due to sludge in the sump and blocking the oil pick up .

If you decided to go ahead with the car then I advice you to clean the oil pick up in the sump. Otherwise it can cost you a new head :)

hope this helps

I digged up a 4 year old thread.. hence you see the pricing like that. Now the going price for a 2003 is about 2.4 mil.

the car I was looking at, 2002 1st owner, fabric interior, 1.8T Tiptronic, well maintained at Carmart, asking price was 1.95. Body needed some work though (2 dented panels and scratched bumpers), plus a taillight was cracked (but working). and there were few interior issues (one hinge in glovebox broken), door locks were sticking, etc. possibly owner would have fixed some of those within his asking price.

And a friend also had a similar car, similar vintage for ~1.9m. I think body condition is also OK, but that was probably 2nd owner.

I guess both are still available, send me a PM if you want the contacts.

i originally posted this becuase there was a passat to be be sold in my moms office (long time ago) and at the time we were teasing the idea of getting one. but anyway i think in the end it sold for around 2 mil (cant exactly remember) and we didn't buy it.

Edited by isurujosh

Guys please reply with info about the aforementioned ride.

Price?

Fuel econo?

reliability?

Maintanability(mechanics/parts/prices)?

any issues?

Things to watch out when buying one?

Tnx in advance!

I saw a 2001 year one for 1.8 mil. and yes u can still find a good condition car for dat price.