• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Duty Free Vehicle Permit

Venura1

Best Diesel SUV ( Jeep ) for duty free vehicle permit 2010

The best SUV for duty free vehicle permit is 2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5 Diesel Turbo

Kia Sorento is a poor SUV its not a good off roader.It does not have a 2nd hand market & Its fuel consumption is very poor. ;)

hey... u asked the question, then u have given the answer saying the best is montero sport. and u have given some negative responses for the sorento. think u are not from uni*** Mo****.

The best SUV for duty free vehicle permit is 2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5 Diesel Turbo

So if you knew the answer why the sod did you ask the question in the first place?????

You know there are much better ways of advertising your vehicles than using low tactics.

Besides, all youre doing here is cheapening your brand, cause if it indeed is the best as you say,

then you'd be 'spending' on proper methods of creatives and adverts to your target market, as generally

done by the 'best' in the industry.

Kia Sorento is a poor SUV its not a good off roader.It does not have a 2nd hand market & Its fuel consumption is very poor. ;)

Did you actually read a word I said or try looking for any reviews? Or are you just pulling these figures from your ***? I easily get 8.5-9.5kmph in the diesel doing city driving (would be happy to post a pic of my l/100km indicator if you so require). As for off-roading, like I said, it does fine "off the road," as good as any similar sized SUV or better. It is obviously not built for "off-roading" (assuming you even know what offroading is) although how many people who actually own a full size land cruiser or montero actually go offroading beats me. You don't need a damn offroader to drive in almost any part of SL, but seems like your mind is already made up :) Sorry to have wasted your time.

PS- I don't know the resale value as the vehicle is fairly new to SL, and the new model has a long waitlist (I assume at least somebody thinks it's worth the wait!). However, I wouldn't worry about resale value unless you only plan to hold a car for a couple of years. Value 5 years down the line is very unpredictable in this country.

Venura, mate, from get go I am telling you, you should get a Mitsi Canter... :)

Seen some lame ass guerrilla marketing ploys, but this is ridiculous.... ;)

I saw an ad on Hit Add that promises discounts for Royalists, Central bank employees, Etc... ;)

How desperate one has to be come up with those stuff... I guess there is such a flood of vehicles an the choices for the buyer is so much that people are running out of ways to peddle their wares.

Edited by VVTi

and I say go for the Renault Magnum. Everyone wants the canter because of stupid fuel consumption figures and resale values. Live a little and get something thats fun to drive.

I am really disappointed at this supposed marketing scheme by U***** M*****, I was under the impression that they were a better and decent agent overall. Well I guess you can't judge the book by its cover. Anyway good luck with this, I'm sure creating the image of a company that is too cheap to buy ad space will give you good PR.

haiyo...seriously which idiot in unimo hired this goon in the first place!

first it was A*W and now these guys...

and fully with supra on the Kia...it's a damn good suv for the money! also Kia's reputation has seen a vast increase in the past couple of years...

Seen some lame ass guerrilla marketing ploys, but this is ridiculous.... ;)

I saw an ad on Hit Add that promises discounts for Royalists, Central bank employees, Etc... ;)

How desperate one has to be come up with those stuff... I guess there is such a flood of vehicles an the choices for the buyer is so much that people are running out of ways to peddle their wares.

Ya. I found that absolutely amusing. One of the sellers USP's were that he is an ex-central bank official.

I've heard that Montero sport is the least comfortable SUV compare to X-trail, RAV4, Sportage,HR-V,etc.

Yep, Montero Sport uses the same ladder frame used in L200 series. I think KIA is shared the platform with Hyundai Santa-Fe or Tuscon?

BTW I had to drive my father-in-laws montero sport for a week while I fixed up my Grand Cherokee and boy did I see a difference. The Montero sport was bumpy as hell and felt more like a pickup truck than an SUV. The interior is mediocre and I think it was designed for little Japanese guys. Seriously It has small seats and the steering wheel sits pretty low even though I set it all the way up. Oh and my head actually hits the roof (I'm 6'3) So If you are more than six feet forget it. The sound deadning is probably the worst I've seen in an SUV (excluding indian ones). The wind noise was just terrible and I could hear every bump on the road. Now this is while driving on the interstate in the U.S. So I'm not sure how it would be here. Probably worse since our roads in certain areas are basically a series of potholes.

On the other hand, I have been in a sorento and it seems to be a really decent SUV. The only thing I could say I hate about it is the tail lights. I think the tails on the older model looked a whole lot better than the new ones. Well that's my taste though.

Yep, Montero Sport uses the same ladder frame used in L200 series. I think KIA is shared the platform with Hyundai Santa-Fe or Tuscon?

New Sorento abandoned the ladder chassis, I believe the platform is shared with the Santa-Fe. It is pretty comfortable (way more comfortable than my gas guzzling N16) and I'm surprised by how quiet it is overall until you step on it. I guess "crossover" is the appropriate term for these, not SUV.

Well the new santafe and sorento looks better than the new montero sport

Cause it dosen't have the hardy looks of the previous model, nor the modern look of it's korean rivals

What mit has done here is introduced another outlander (with the face of the lancer ex), fearing that it wouldn't sell much given the old one's face to the mms.

Mitusibishi Canter.... you can keep your garden chairs at the back and fix a set of umbrellas too... :) The ultimate SUV.

You will be the envy of your neighbors and the neighborhood sand mudalali..

Come on, isn't that why most of you buy vehicles? To be the envy of the neighborhood?

2010 Land cruiser sahara v8

dude! you guys are friggin retarted. dont you think? I'm pretty sure that this person hasnt came here to find a boyfreind. so if you cant be helpful, stop posting this kind of joking/flirting craps.

for the thread starter, this time the engine capacity limit is 2600cc right? what do you think about that kia sorento with the 2.2L engine? and the Kia Sportage? You cannot buy the rexton right? and as far as i know, you can import a vehicle from the second hand market but it shouldnt be older than one year. so theres a chance for you to get a better vehicle without having to cross the line for the price limit. (my personal idea). And please let me know what you gonna import after you make your final decision, and the other options you find.

dude! you guys are friggin retarted. dont you think? I'm pretty sure that this person hasnt came here to find a boyfreind. so if you cant be helpful, stop posting this kind of joking/flirting craps.

for the thread starter, this time the engine capacity limit is 2600cc right? what do you think about that kia sorento with the 2.2L engine? and the Kia Sportage? You cannot buy the rexton right? and as far as i know, you can import a vehicle from the second hand market but it shouldnt be older than one year. so theres a chance for you to get a better vehicle without having to cross the line for the price limit. (my personal idea). And please let me know what you gonna import after you make your final decision, and the other options you find.

I'm pretty sure this person hasn't come to buy a Korean car, as he has made it clear (by answering his own question) that the Mitsubishi Montero sport is the best SUV money can buy in that category, although nobody seems to agree with him yet...

Last time I was not eligible for permit. But this time yes. Mitsubishi Montero sport is the one that I hate. I have lot of friends who have it but no one complain about it. But its looks and the feel is more towards TATA cab.

For me I have following choices.

1. KIA sportage/sorento

2. Hyundai Santa fe

3. Micro Kyrone (rexton not possible this time)

I haven’t decided yet. Can some of you have experience on this please guide me for an informed decision.

Thanks

I've driven both santafe and montero sport(old) and gone in a sorento(new)

The Sorento has the most attractive Looks,

The Santafe is hyundai which ownes kia, and the company(agent) is very friendly.

The montero sport can also be used as an off roader(old model) and it has the most luxury seats of the 3 and it is more comfortable,

Yet the mms lacks the performance of it's korean rivals and will strugle to pass 140km/h. (This is reasonable because the cops are back in business).

But the tried and tested 4d56 engine of the mms is easyer to maintain and has a higher engine life than the korean rivals.

Yet I agree that the new mms has nothing to compair itself with the koreans cause its just another soft roader, without the offroading abilities of it's old version.

If i had a permit I'd buy a santafe, Because of mitsubishi's idiotic model changes.

(I hope the garilla marketing man from un*m* is reading this)

Last time I was not eligible for permit. But this time yes. Mitsubishi Montero sport is the one that I hate. I have lot of friends who have it but no one complain about it. But its looks and the feel is more towards TATA cab.

For me I have following choices.

1. KIA sportage/sorento

2. Hyundai Santa fe

3. Micro Kyrone (rexton not possible this time)

I haven’t decided yet. Can some of you have experience on this please guide me for an informed decision.

Thanks

Buddy are u working for the Semi government sector?

Test drive the Sorento,Sportage and Santa fe and u'll know what suits for urself Isn't it :)

Anyway If I were you I would go for the Santa fe