• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cool Box

madmax

Guys I'm looking for a cool box of a reputed brand like Igloo/Iceman. I checked out a couple of powered cool boxes that plug into the lighter adapter of the car. But I wasn't sure of the build quality.

Does anyone know where I can look for one. I don't even mind the non powered cool boxes from Igloo.

Hi there

Not sure if this is available in SL.

COLEMAN also makes some good cool boxes and 12v fridges. They also makes good thermal boxes where you could either run it cool or warm. Usually works +/-10 degrees from ambiant tmperature. Ideal as a cool box or to keep food warm.

Cheers

Guys I'm looking for a cool box of a reputed brand like Igloo/Iceman. I checked out a couple of powered cool boxes that plug into the lighter adapter of the car. But I wasn't sure of the build quality.

Does anyone know where I can look for one. I don't even mind the non powered cool boxes from Igloo.

What's your budget like 'madmax' ?

Maybe about 20k max, I checked out US websites, selling price there is about US$100/200

machan,

you cn always make your own coolbox. i dont know what the meterial is called, but there's this material that they use for heat insulation in builtions. its a light green styra-foam like thing. very affective.. what i did was make a box out of it, and use freezer packs to keep the inside cool. its affective for about 3-4 days...

wont cost you anything more than 2-3k.

Maybe about 20k max, I checked out US websites, selling price there is about US$100/200

True as Dilesh says you could build your own.

Doesn't Arpico have pre-made styrofoam boxes with fitted lids? Not very durable, I agree, but with a couple of ice packs it'll probably keep your beer cold for a couple of hours.

Or why not just buy one from a website / US store and have it shipped to you? On ebay I saw new powered igloo cool boxes selling for like $20-$40 bucks; which means they probably retail for around $50-$60.

Whether off ebay or from a retail store, once you add add another $40 for shipping, you'll have one in your hands for around $100.

Actually while you're at it; get two and sell one to 'Dilesh' for since he has a 'D-I-Y' version he's probably in the market for a powered one...... :D

Does that appeal to the salesman in you 'madmax'?

Machang I saw in a used auto spare part shop (not ethical to say the name here) there were cool boxes which comes in the Toyota Hiace Super Custom vans.. Didnt ask the price, but I am sure those will be fine and cheaper

True as Dilesh says you could build your own.

Doesn't Arpico have pre-made styrofoam boxes with fitted lids? Not very durable, I agree, but with a couple of ice packs it'll probably keep your beer cold for a couple of hours.

Actually while you're at it; get two and sell one to 'Dilesh' for since he has a 'D-I-Y' version he's probably in the market for a powered one...... :D

Does that appeal to the salesman in you 'madmax'?

hehehe!! no arpico has normal regiform (white) boxes. but i think they have this styrafoam in sheets (4"x4").

but our box stays cool for 3-4 days.... we take in on camping trips and it stays cool!

And i'm sure i'll be No.2 in Madmax's "to-sell-to" list... we all know No.1 :)