• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abs Or No Abs?

riddle

Question

guys.

4 months ago when i wanted to replace my CV joint my mechanic saw my car and told me to buy the CV-joint which was for NON-ABS models.

and from that day i thought that i dint have ABS,but yesterday morning in the sunlight i saw the abs indicator sign outa my dashboard unlit.this is the first tim i noticed it!

i have attached a pic too,

i nevr get the abs indicator when i turn the key on,

what do you think?do i have abs or not?or is it just a general dashboard for used for all grades of that yom and the best grade had abs (ex-se limited,xe,L grade?)?

please educate regarding this topic

I dont see any big deal if there is ABS or not,but the reason why i came here was to know whether that mechanic took me for a ride.

my car- 1995 ae110

aaqq.jpg

thankjs alot in advance

22 answers to this question

No ABS. If the light doesn't come on when you turn your ignition once that means there isn't. But one could ask what if the little bulb is burnt? However meter clusters are usually the same for all models as you mentioned. Mechanic should have cleared your doubts by pointing out that you have no ABS sensors in either of your wheels. If your still in second thoughts, show it to another mechanic and ask them to point out the sensors. They are usually visible when you take the wheel out.

Also you may check physically by pressing hard on your brake paddle on a sandy road and see whether wheels are dragging or not. If wheels are not dragging and you feel tuck tuck sound and the paddle slightly going down means your ABS working.

Also you may check physically by pressing hard on your brake paddle on a sandy road and see whether wheels are dragging or not. If wheels are not dragging and you feel tuck tuck sound and the paddle slightly going down means your ABS working.

You can also try braking hard on tarmac. It`s not really difficult to feel ABS working. With ABS, you`ll feel a vibration on the brake pedal and the wheels won`t lock and skid.

Hey Riddle,

Even if you have ABS in your car probably it will not be working now as you switched to the Non-ABS CV joint. ABS CV joint comes with a ring on the outer side which has squarelike carvings at regular intervals. This allows the ABS sensor to get an idea whether the wheel is moving or locked. Then decide whether to apply the brakes or release by determining whether the car is skidding on or moving in control.

So you will have to refer to a detailed car spec (you can find it online) to check if you have ABS or not or go see an experienced mechanic who's thorough with the tech details.

ABS is a big deal mate. Specially sice our already bad roads become worse in wet conditions. Not to mention our drivers who stop in the middle of the roads for no reason and wrecklessly put the nose in to the on going traffic. ABS has saved me from creashing more than one occasion in above conditions. So if you do have it, you'd better bring it online.

Dang! Did the previous owner mention anything? Because he may have disconnected the ABS light if the ABS unit was malfunctioning. ABS must have been broke in the first place. I am sure the previous over cheated you, with the heavy unnatural demand for mediocre cars like the 110 it is easy to fool the new eager buyers.

Machang careful when you drive, sometime the modulator might give the wrong signal to the ABS pump and the car might lock up at high speeds. Bad scene, but then since you drove a GTR before, you might be able to handle it, right?

Also At such speeds and nursing mothers in the car might find it uncomfortable.

thnks alot guys!

its just like having a great exotic holiday for a week and then the bill arrives!Thats how you guys are!

you mean you realize you've been living a dream that you quite can't afford?

Edited by Ripper

I really think you should sell your car... you have been having serous issues with that car, leaky Steering, leaky Brakes, perverts peeking in while someone inside was nursing a baby, and now ABS failure... sheesh! That's a bad deal, even for a 110.

If you went through this trouble over a Euro or at least a Indian, one can understand, but, dang, a messy 110???? Who would ever imagine that there is such a thing as a messed up 110!

Aren't those cars supposed to be bullet proof or something, considering the hosannas sung about them by so many people?

Edited by VVTi

you mean you realize you've been living a dream that you quite can't afford?

no mate..its like getting all the required education+info from well mannered forum members and then you guys come outa no-where and sink me with you sarcasm.cmon.try something else like jogging or something for your stress-relief!

and vvti-before helping out others do you really check out there profiles and then respond in a way which is 20%usefull+and 80%offensive?get your self a job mate!

a power steering rack does malfunction,

a feeding mother do feel awkward to feed in a car in-spite the fact no one is looking!well,would you like anyone by accident/knowingly peeking at your mother/wife or sister while feeding?be real!if its not an issue for you then you have to be one of a kind mate!

stop been a buncha bullies and start realizing why you are here,and for what purpose AL has enabled a forum for posting!ok..il tell you!Its for education!!and yes you might say for entertainment but try entertaining yourself and others in a way others doesn't get offended!you dont have to criticize others just for a joke!

whats the point of you hitting on me and then me hitting on you and then..BRAVO,we have a thread which has more that 4-5 pages which is full of crap!just utter waste of storage space!

Man, we have such wuss's on AL now! I missed those heady days when all we did was talk about Horsepower and 0-100 times. Now all we have are she-males who have ovaries inside their scrotal sacks and are more sensitive than menstruating woman's nipples.

Dude... how old are you if your mom is still nursing babies? Of all the places, why inside a car? :) Dunno about you, I have many friends/family who have children who are still being breastfed, BUT never heard of such a situation as you have... :) I have had friends and my own sister breast feed their babies in the car while being driven or being parked, and Nope, never had your issue again... :)

In fact it is such a non-event for many that no one cares two hoots. Dude have you been in a public bus? How many women breast feed inside buses???

And no, I never check the profiles before I reply... Should I? Do you come with a warning? 'Handle with Kids Gloves'? :)

All I can say is, sell your 110, and get a life. :)

Also suck it up a bit, Girly Man.

Edited by VVTi

Man, we have such wuss's on AL now! I missed those heady days when all we did was talk about Horsepower and 0-100 times. Now all we have are she-males who have ovaries inside their scrotal sacks and are more sensitive than menstruating woman's nipples.

Ew man. Ew. :P

wtfwo.jpg

riddle

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Model:Nissan Skyline r35 GTR v-Spec

YOM: 2007

Engine: VR38DETT engine twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6

Transmission: Manual

Fuel Economy:5-6 city(it depends on my mood) on highways

I just can't figure out on earth a guy who had driven this beast for 3 months in Sing doesn't seem to have even the most basic knowledge of cars. How does that happen?

no mate..its like getting all the required education+info from well mannered forum members and then you guys come outa no-where and sink me with you sarcasm.cmon.try something else like jogging or something for your stress-relief!

stop been a buncha bullies and start realizing why you are here,and for what purpose AL has enabled a forum for posting!ok..il tell you!Its for education!!and yes you might say for entertainment but try entertaining yourself and others in a way others doesn't get offended!you dont have to criticize others just for a joke!

speaking of getting offended i kinda get pissed off when i see wanna-be posers posting all big talk and having zero proof to back things up you see...

and speaking of jogging...i do hit the gym and workout 3 days a week...use my own vehicle to get there too.

Riddle, mate, we are not bullies... we are really nice people... :)

But you get caught with BS, then you tend to get, err.... err.... reminded that we don't forget :)

With your ABS issue, if you know anything about cars, (basic cars, not the hyper cars like the GTRs you are used to) all you have to do is lift up the skirt of the 110, check inside to see if there is a ABS module, (It will be a small gadget with 6 brake lines connected to it) somewhere inside the engine bay. If its there, then you are screwed becasue its not working or disconnected.

Contrary to popular belief, you can survive without ABS, mine doesn't have as it is disconnected due to a failed pump and brakes work fine.

But if its not there then don't sweat it. Your car never meant to have it and that's just how life is.

Either way, ABS or no ABS, you really need to toughen up a bit mate... stop whining like a little girl all the time about whose bullying you. At this rate you will end up having to breast feed children actually.

Now THAT my freind will be quite a spectacle... :)

speaking of getting offended i kinda get pissed off when i see wanna-be posers posting all big talk and having zero proof to back things up you see...

and speaking of jogging...i do hit the gym and workout 3 days a week...use my own vehicle to get there too.

Riddle, unlike Ripper I am too lazy to hit the Gym at all.... I have other pursuits to keep me occupied though... :)

And yes, taking the mickey out of people like you can be quite entertaining... :)

.http://www.autolanka...economy-survey/

riddle

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Model:Nissan Skyline r35 GTR v-Spec

YOM: 2007

Engine: VR38DETT engine twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6

Transmission: Manual

Fuel Economy:5-6 city(it depends on my mood) on highways

LOL...yeah I remember that thread...it's just VVTi's comment regarding shemale nipples made me LOL...plus I've grown very fond of posting this WTF kitty. :D

wtfwo.jpg

I really think you should sell your car... you have been having serous issues with that car, leaky Steering, leaky Brakes, perverts peeking in while someone inside was nursing a baby, and now ABS failure... sheesh! That's a bad deal, even for a 110.

If you went through this trouble over a Euro or at least a Indian, one can understand, but, dang, a messy 110???? Who would ever imagine that there is such a thing as a messed up 110!

Aren't those cars supposed to be bullet proof or something, considering the hosannas sung about them by so many people?

ha ha ha ha...http://forum.autolanka.com/public/style_emoticons/default/angry-smiley-048.gif

good one mate...