• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Buy Between 1 - 1.2Mil

san1985

Thanks guys....

@weda,

Do u think its possible to find 110s within this budget?

@dilhanroks

Are u refering to this one mate..

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=40430

seems to be its out of my budget ne(19-xxxx for 1.425m)? Also is this one also economical as normal AE 100s?

What would be the most fuel efficient sedan that is within my budget(i dont like the indian rides mate). Is dat AE 100 or FB14. And is there a specific model? I have seen in one advertisement that a FB14 does around 16Km/l in outstation & 13-14Km/l in city . Is it possible?

BTW do u guys have any idea on possibility of reducing leasing charges for the year 2011 due to reduction in VAT(guess to 12% from 20%)??? :rolleyes:

Pls help the poor guy..

Thanks everybody in advance..

Edited by san1985

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys....

@weda,

Yes, there are 300-, 301- DX, LX (YOM1995-1996 non crystal light) versions in that range.

Better to go for a 1500cc, but 1300cc can be easily found.

Also if you consider the EE10X wagons, there are "English number" ones available for 1.2M

Good luck!!

Yes, there are 300-, 301- DX, LX (YOM1995-1996 non crystal light) versions in that range.

Better to go for a 1500cc, but 1300cc can be easily found.

Also if you consider the EE10X wagons, there are "English number" ones available for 1.2M

Good luck!!

Why is 1500CC better over 1300CC??

What do you think about the Sprinter(100/110)...

I feel this looks to be a good option for me.

What do u guys think?

Pls bare with me if im asking silly questions..

Thanks

Why is 1500CC better over 1300CC??

What do you think about the Sprinter(100/110)...

I feel this looks to be a good option for me.

What do u guys think?

Pls bare with me if im asking silly questions..

Thanks

When the same car is available in two engine capacities the overall economy in fuel and maintenance is better with the higher engine capacity model. Also most manual gear 1500cc are 5 forward transmission where as 1300cc are 4 fwd.

Sprinter and the Corolla are exactly the same but the local market has better demand for the corolla.

It does 11km/l on average and nothing bad to say about it for me.

Thanks guys....

@weda,

@dilhanroks

Are u refering to this one mate..

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=40430

seems to be its out of my budget ne(19-xxxx for 1.425m)? Also is this one also economical as normal AE 100s?

Ya, dis is dat kind of a car, Normaly I have noticed Autolanka prices are little bit higher dan real world car market. Inspect da car and give a offer. ya well maintained manual car does 12km/L with AC in Colombo area, further you can improve it by proper gear changes.

What would be the most fuel efficient sedan that is within my budget(i dont like the indian rides mate). Is dat AE 100 or FB14. And is there a specific model? I have seen in one advertisement that a FB14 does around 16Km/l in outstation & 13-14Km/l in city . Is it possible?

AE100.

BTW do u guys have any idea on possibility of reducing leasing charges for the year 2011 due to reduction in VAT(guess to 12% from 20%)??? :rolleyes:

Pls help the poor guy..

Thanks everybody in advance..

I'm sure a majority of the members who actually know a decent bit about cars (besides their badges and prices after the tax cut) will tell you not to worry about the colours of the badges or the variations of the trim level.. what you should pay attention is maybe the engine thats in it and the transmission.

The registration number or the YOM isnt that big an issue if your looking at cars of the same model, cos it'll mostly depend on the previous owner and how he ran/maintained it.

So dont be a fool and go spending 200,000-400,000 extra for a couple of golden badges and 'body-coloured-door-handles' or other purely cosmetic things like that... save that money and go treat your family to a nice dinner at a fancy hotel, trust me you'll enjoy that a LOT more!

All the best..

Thanks weda & dilhanroks...

@Watchman,

Nice peace of advise brother...Thanks

Thanks everybody who enlightened me with good peace of advices. Hope i would be able to find a 110 sprinter within this budget as mentioned by dilhanroks..

Edited by san1985

Thanks weda & dilhanroks...

@Watchman,

Nice peace of advise brother...Thanks

Thanks everybody who enlightened me with good peace of advices. Hope i would be able to find a 110 sprinter within this budget as mentioned by dilhanroks..

Why don't you look for Nissan Pulsar. There is nice 1997 with G - plates in A/L. Around your budget. It is better looking car than AE100 to me.

Edited by MkX

Why don't you look for Nissan Pulsar. There is nice 1997 with G - plates in A/L. Around your budget. It is better looking car than AE100 to me.

Is dat FN15 u a talking abut...

BTW guys, would like to have ur expert views on this machine(fuel consumption, resale/Market value, maintenance, reliability etc in contrast to sprinter)

Thx in advance...

Edited by san1985

Is dat FN15 u a talking abut...

BTW guys, would like to have ur expert views on this machine(fuel consumption, market value, maintenance etc in contrast to sprinter)

Thx in advance...

Yes there are 2 listed in A/L, and the 1997 one looks in good shape. Not sure about FN15, but my fried got a FB-14, manual transmission. It does around 10/11 Kmpl on city drive. Maintanance was not really difficuit.

And I saw some where you quoted 13/14 Kmpl in city drive. I doubt those figures are correct. But in average you will get 10/11 in most of the cars that discussed here, except for Presea. I knew two cars, both with auto transmission, which did only around 8Kmpl in city drive.

And I must say presea was more comfortable compare to Pulsar and FB-14

Edited by MkX

Yes there are 2 listed in A/L, and the 1997 one looks in good shape. Not sure about FN15, but my fried got a FB-14, manual transmission. It does around 10/11 Kmpl on city drive. Maintanance was not really difficuit.

And I saw some where you quoted 13/14 Kmpl in city drive. I doubt those figures are correct. But in average you will get 10/11 in most of the cars that discussed here, except for Presea. I knew two cars, both with auto transmission, which did only around 8Kmpl in city drive.

And I must say presea was more comfortable compare to Pulsar and FB-14

What were the engines on the Preseas?

What were the engines on the Preseas?

Machan, I am not sure about the engine codes, both were 300- numbers, auto, daily runners. And both were their first cars, so may be their driving style, tech know how may affected the fuel economy. But I used to travel with them often at office. Noticed they were bit under powered when try to climb hills with 2 passengers. But enough room and comfort.

GA 15 share same engine with FB14/15

Yeah, but Preseas have come with the Primera engines as well.

Machan, I am not sure about the engine codes, both were 300- numbers, auto, daily runners. And both were their first cars, so may be their driving style, tech know how may affected the fuel economy. But I used to travel with them often at office. Noticed they were bit under powered when try to climb hills with 2 passengers. But enough room and comfort.

Oh ok, the reason I asked was; I thought they might be the bigger displacement engines. A colleague of mine had a 2.0l Presea (if I remember correctly) and that thing pulled pretty well. He had a habit of speeding down narrow roads to scare his passengers... :D

KIller-B,

You sure have got your facts wrong about the Presea. I used it for 5 years before buying the current 121 and I still miss that joyous cornering and good handling.............

X-Rides

Hat off X-Rides for being such a Presea lover. I do love it lot. 1 of the best car in 1990 to 2000 ever produced.....

Im really new to this field and planning to buy my first car....Would really appriciate all u experts help...

What would be the best buy in above mentioned price range taking in to account,

1. Fuel consumption

2. Best look

3. Resale value

I have few options in mind like FB 13, FB 14, presea, Soluna, AE 100, Carina AT 192, Lancer CB 8...(dosent matter diesel or Petrol)

Am i within the range of these...

Would looking forward to all u guys help..

Thanks in advance...

toyota AE100

Presea handles bad, very bad, you might wanna try it out for yourself.....

Killer,

Have you ever driven a Presea? Wht drives you to say this statement?

Please don't bring forward what u have heard. Instead bring forward what u have experienced.

[This is a advice for all forum friends]

Presea is the best car ever manufactured from 1990-2000 from the list of vehicles thread started mentioned.(share same FB15 Engine/ Parts with extra configuration for performance)

Handling, performance, Stylish(frame-less window, full option, Stylish body)

Automatic tranny does bit bad on fuel.(8.5-9.5 city) (11-12.5 out)

Manual does (11-12.5 city) 14+ outstation

Value to Money car!