• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Buy Between 1 - 1.2Mil

san1985

Damn ... I just saw an "almost new" 1992 toyota marino in an AL ad ...

I must be living in a time warp when we are prepared to dish out 1.5 mill for 20 year old cars!!

:blink::blink:

If I'm prepared to blow 1.2 mill, I might scratch up a little bit more and go for at least a Proton Gen 2, rather than old toyota's.

But that's just me - most of the SL is blinded by the apparent better fuel consumption of boring old Toyota's and nothing else!! LOL

(nothing boring about Marino -- except that it's only so much younger than the T-rex!)

Edited by vishkid

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer,

Have you ever driven a Presea? Wht drives you to say this statement?

Please don't bring forward what u have heard. Instead bring forward what u have experienced.

[This is a advice for all forum friends]

Presea is the best car ever manufactured from 1990-2000 from the list of vehicles thread started mentioned.(share same FB15 Engine/ Parts with extra configuration for performance)

Handling, performance, Stylish(frame-less window, full option, Stylish body)

Automatic tranny does bit bad on fuel.(8.5-9.5 city) (11-12.5 out)

Manual does (11-12.5 city) 14+ outstation

Value to Money car!

Yeap, I've driven the preasea alright,not once but quite a few times. But what I understand is that you people are referring to the R11, not the R10. I've no experiences with the R11, so sorry if I have offended the presea owners with that. My bad should have been specific with the model. But then the R10 is crap. :)

Im really new to this field and planning to buy my first car....Would really appriciate all u experts help...

What would be the best buy in above mentioned price range taking in to account,

1. Fuel consumption

2. Best look

3. Resale value

I have few options in mind like FB 13, FB 14, presea, Soluna, AE 100, Carina AT 192, Lancer CB 8...(dosent matter diesel or Petrol)

Am i within the range of these...

Would looking forward to all u guys help..

Thanks in advance...

Were you able to find a car in your price range yet or are you still looking.

First of all im wishing a very happy new year for all the forum members.....

Were you able to find a car in your price range yet or are you still looking.

No buddy, im still looking for a one...(sprinter)

BTW what do u think about Honda Dominia(Fuel consumption, Availability of body parts, Market price etc)

Its a V-TEC right???

Is this a good car to buy??

Edited by san1985

what do u guys think is da best option??

Whether to go for basic AE110 or a full option AE100??

Im in 2 minds :unsure:

i think your better off with full option ae100 than basic ae110 because in full option you get

power windows,power mirrors,rear headrest seats,rpm meter etc....some people say ae100 better than ae110. so good luck with your car purchase

i think your better off with full option ae100 than basic ae110 because in full option you get

power windows,power mirrors,rear headrest seats,rpm meter etc....some people say ae100 better than ae110. so good luck with your car purchase

Hey thanks buddy.....Hope everything go smoothly and i find a good ride :D

(little bit nervous though... :huh: )

First of all im wishing a very happy new year for all the forum members.....

No buddy, im still looking for a one...(sprinter)

BTW what do u think about Honda Dominia(Fuel consumption, Availability of body parts, Market price etc)

Its a V-TEC right???

Is this a good car to buy??

Domani has the D15B VTEC engine which was in the EG8 and EK3.Therefore sourcing engine parts wouldn't be difficult yet finding Body parts would be difficult

It would do about 11-12 kmpl in city

Domani has the D15B VTEC engine which was in the EG8 and EK3.Therefore sourcing engine parts wouldn't be difficult yet finding Body parts would be difficult

It would do about 11-12 kmpl in city

Domani has the Vtec-E engine if im not mistaken. slighltly inferior to 3stage vtec d15b you get on JDM eks. somewhat rare engine in sri lanka.

Domani has the Vtec-E engine if im not mistaken. slighltly inferior to 3stage vtec d15b you get on JDM eks. somewhat rare engine in sri lanka.

You are correct Buddy :) and the VTEC-E is more fuel efficent isn't it?And also produces less power than the EK3

Btw thanks for enlightening me about it :)

Edited by kelum_wj

You are correct Buddy :) and the VTEC-E is more fuel efficent isn't it?And also produces less power than the EK3

Btw thanks for enlightening me about it :)

ya it produce less Bhp than d15b 3 stage vtec motor. vtec -e has got one vtec switch over point hence one vtec selonoid.

• 2 weeks later...

guys can i have some thoughts about these models.....

What is the difference between EE111 and AE110, and which is better??

What is FB14 Lusino?? Is it a good one??

BTW can u guys give some info about the AT192..(fuel consumption<MT>, reliability, resale value, maintenance cost etc)

Thanks in advance...

What is FB14 Lusino?? Is it a good one??

BTW can u guys give some info about the AT192..(fuel consumption<MT>, reliability, resale value, maintenance cost etc)

Thanks in advance...

* EE111 version of AE110 has 1300 CC Engine.

* FB14 Lusino is Two door versin of Nissan B14.

* AT192 is Carina old version. I like this model than newest carina [212] as 192 has

very good sporty body shape. [looks bit smiler to Nissan Presea]

Manual transmission one I know, does 12 km/L in city.

Edited by Uditha88

* EE111 version of AE110 has 1300 CC Engine.

* FB14 Lusino is Two door versin of Nissan B14.

* AT192 is Carina old version. I like this model than newest carina [212] as 192 has

very good sporty body shape. [looks bit smiler to Nissan Presea]

Manual transmission one I know, does 12 km/L in city.

Thanks Uditha,

Any difference in EE111 when it comes to market value, fuel consumption etc...??

So which means AT 192 should do 14-15 in outstation....right.

Thanks Uditha,

Any difference in EE111 when it comes to market value, fuel consumption etc...??

So which means AT 192 should do 14-15 in outstation....right.

*EE111 market value is less than 110. And probably comes with basis options.

[PS & AC Only as far as I know}

* 1.3L engine will result good economy but less power.

* For both cars, fuel economy will depend on the vehicle condition, driving habits, road conditions etc.

*EE111 market value is less than 110. And probably comes with basis options.

[PS & AC Only as far as I know}

* 1.3L engine will result good economy but less power.

* For both cars, fuel economy will depend on the vehicle condition, driving habits, road conditions etc.

Thanks brother......

• 3 weeks later...

go for a butterfly model...or if u dont mind hatchbacks go for a 1.3l march..its doing like starlet...

Thanks for the reply...

Why did u specificaly mention the butterfly model...

Accordig to the following site it does well on fuel(5.7l per 100km - that is 17.5kms per liter, of course this should be under standard conditions..i wonder someone can help with real condition figures)

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/mazda/familia/1996_10/14872/

Are u referring to the K11...I have heard that it does really bad on fuel..(ny way not interested in hatchbacks brother..)