• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Ad Terms

Supra_Natural

Inspired by the thread regarding the Swift lights, I figured we should try and come up with a list of the strange, amusing and also completely fabricated words that you come across in classified ads these days. Im guessing it should provide some insight into the weird and wonderful world of the car ad. So without further ado, here are some that I could think of. Everyone please feel free to add whatever comes to mind, this is a fun thread after all!

Boku Alloy Wheel - Im guessing deep dished alloys?

Allow Wheel - Commonly used. Almost considered an actual word now...

Scoop Light - Projector-Optic headlamps

"Angle" Eyes - Angel eye headlights

Illumination Dash Board - self explanatory

Dicky Light - Boot Light (I hope)

Winker Mirrors - Side Mirrors with indicator repeaters built in

"Nickel Handel" - Chrome plated door handles?

"Modellista" - A trim grade on certain toyotas (Not sure, allion experts?)

"Push Start" - A start button I hope, since the other more literal alternative isn't really a selling point.

Teak Interior - Plastic wood on the dash and doors (rather obvious one, yes.)

Scuff Illumination - errr.... Im guessing the kick plates in the door sills have lights? :S

Seat Lifter - Height adjustable seats maybe? Im really not sure.

*AUTO LIGHT POLE* - I Have NO idea. http://yfrog.com/0z14030760j

• Like 1

"Modellista" - A trim grade on certain toyotas

"Toyota's Tokyo customizing affiliate, Modellista"

"Modellista, Toyota's in-house tuning arm"

"a Toyota subsidiary called Modellista"

"One of Toyota Motor Company’s tuning partners, Modellista"

"Toyota's in-house customization firm Modellista"

I think Prados, Land cruisers and Allions come with Modellista designed/styled body kits, sun roofs, roof rails, etc.

Edited by hyacc

Inspired by the thread regarding the Swift lights, I figured we should try and come up with a list of the strange, amusing and also completely fabricated words that you come across in classified ads these days. Im guessing it should provide some insight into the weird and wonderful world of the car ad. So without further ado, here are some that I could think of. Everyone please feel free to add whatever comes to mind, this is a fun thread after all!

When I was a kid I was really confused to see used cars advertised as Brand New.

And any manumatic transmission in Sri Lanka becomes "Tiptronic" or worse, "Triptronic"

I saw "nick names" which are being used for some make/model's coming up in this. There's a dedicated thread for that. Purpose of this thread is to highlight certain terminology used by car sellers nowadays, I guess.

and S_N, dicky light is not the boot illuminating lights or whatsoever, it's the late model 121 with the reverse lights mounted on the boot lid as oppose to the rear light clusters.

Edited by harshansenadhir

palath saba model

box model

Palath saba model!!! Hahahahahahaha..... :D

I recall some people calling Volkswagens as Foxwagons...

Also, Trad Sunny? Is that a legitimate term?

Btw, 'Intercooler Turbo' (with the big sticker on the sides) was all the rage some years back... :lol:

Edited by Big_D

Actually that is for the model that has the flip down signal lights on the B pillar... :)

Nope... Kane Mail actually refers to the post 71 bugs which had small crescent shaped vents behind the rear side windows. These had plastic grilles in them. Hence, "Kane Mail"

Edited by Supra_Natural