• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Crx - Need Some Urgent Advices

johnpaul

Dear friends,

One of my friends gave me a clue about CRX Gen 2. But I'm not aware of the price of CRX Gen 2 and I like to get expert advices.

YOM - 1996 ( but according to wikipedia, Gen 2s were made between 88-91. Is it an import from australlia?)

Number - 300-xxxx

Displacement - 1500CC (He ddn't give me the exact engine code)

Condition - Worst Paint job he has ever seen on a car | Some engine noises (Couldn't go for a test drive) Most probably a restored car.

Some of problems to be clariffied.

1) Whats the current price of CRX Gen 2 (1996)?

2) Any known issue or things to be concerned before buying it?

3) Reliability and Fuel Economy?

4) Second hand market?

5) Availability of orginal parts and aftermarket parts?

6) Possible methods to gain some extra power? (like engine swaps and conversions) According to wikipedia, B16A is the most powerfull engine for this range.

7) Any other car model do you like to recommend?

Edited by johnpaul

No.Can't be.The Gen 2 CRX stopped production in the early nineties...maybe you are referring to the CRX del sol.

That's the first thing which came to my mind. I did my best to differentiate cabriolet and hatch But he claimed that its a CRX hatch.

What if its a del sol?

wats your opinion?

300- is a 1996-97 registration. So it's possible that the car was a recon import that was registered in 96. Some people quote the registration year as the year of manufacture as well. Best thing to do is go check the car out dude.

300- is a 1996-97 registration. So it's possible that the car was a recon import that was registered in 96. Some people quote the registration year as the year of manufacture as well.

Yes,that must be the case

That's the first thing which came to my mind. I did my best to differentiate cabriolet and hatch But he claimed that its a CRX hatch.

What if its a del sol?

wats your opinion?

Hmm...Been living with one for the past few years.Good car I guess.Good looking(after some tweaks :D),reliable and the zippy little Vtec is joy to drive...But though almost all the mechanical parts are interchangeble with the Civic of that same era,you'd struggle to find any of the body trims,doors,windscreen etc here,and replacing them can be quite expensive.