• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drifting

SpeedHolic

Damn, that is slick. Bloody difficult to get that much control.

Ok this has been long time coming. That video just made my mind up. I want one of them..So dilan, peri you guys are the RC experts as far as i know on the forum. so tell me what do i have to get to do that kind of drifting, just tell me everything, and is uk a good place (meaning pricewise) to buy this stuff...shell, motor everthing, what kind, and are those like scale 1:18 's?

Ok this has been long time coming. That video just made my mind up. I want one of them..So dilan, peri you guys are the RC experts as far as i know on the forum. so tell me what do i have to get to do that kind of drifting, just tell me everything, and is uk a good place (meaning pricewise) to buy this stuff...shell, motor everthing, what kind, and are those like scale 1:18 's?

peri wud answer ur most crucial questions but the only advice i can giv u is DONT go to hanley's...u WILL b temptd to buy their 1:8 scale STi (approx 500 quid)...i hav an electric 1:10 STi7 RWD which is a lot of fun :alc:

peri wud answer ur most crucial questions but the only advice i can giv u is DONT go to hanley's...u WILL b temptd to buy their 1:8 scale STi (approx 500 quid)...i hav an electric 1:10 STi7 RWD which is a lot of fun :alc:

And machan where is that from? They had some stuff at hamleys but the quality was not that good. the detail on the shell was rubbish. the lights and all were sticker.

And machan where is that from? They had some stuff at hamleys but the quality was not that good. the detail on the shell was rubbish. the lights and all were sticker.

ah they must b havin sum shit guds now...they had sum quality stuff abt 3 yrs ago dude...i bought mine from maplin...its a nikko but very limited upgrades so i wudnt suggest the same...i jus bought it cos i was mad...STi mad...

there's a store called mick charles models sumwhere in esher i think...cant remembr where exactly but they had gud stuff...

there's another store in kingston filld wit models n RC's...tamiya's...ive forgotten the name but i THINK its modelzone or sumthn on those lines...as u said bro there's a lot u can source for RC's in UK

ah they must b havin sum shit guds now...they had sum quality stuff abt 3 yrs ago dude...i bought mine from maplin...its a nikko but very limited upgrades so i wudnt suggest the same...i jus bought it cos i was mad...STi mad...

there's a store called mick charles models sumwhere in esher i think...cant remembr where exactly but they had gud stuff...

there's another store in kingston filld wit models n RC's...tamiya's...ive forgotten the name but i THINK its modelzone or sumthn on those lines...as u said bro there's a lot u can source for RC's in UK

Thanks for the info. Was cheking ebay, nothing much, or couldnt find any, on the other hand came across some RC airplains. Hmmm, there is one for about 25 pounds!!

welcome 2 the madness of R/C Drifting ...love 2 help u out ..but i'm dead busy now... i'll tall u every single seacret i have.....later :D

Thanks for the info. Was cheking ebay, nothing much, or couldnt find any, on the other hand came across some RC airplains. Hmmm, there is one for about 25 pounds!!

don't trust e-bay 4 these kind of things :D

Since ur in UK, I would recommend the HPI range. Whatever suits ur fancy. BTW, check if u can find a club or track close by and check there rules on the scales they play with. Its a lot more fun with others than by urself (hmmmm.... ambiguous, but still true :D) Normally the scale is 1:10.

The good brands I would recommend are HPI, Traxxas, Kyosho, Tamiya amd Nikko. There are good stuff from Team Associated and a couple of other places, but no access to their stuff here in SL.

First, decide what kind u want. car chassis for drifting? Monster truck for bashing? Buggy for both :D ? (Dileepa's Kyosho Inferno produces some awesome drifts, tho I don't think even he has the level of control in the vid. And that aint no diss, that vid is crazy.)

Then pick if u want electric or fuel driven (Also used terms, motor or engine driven) Once again, if possible, try both out before u buy. And think of the budget. The fuel goes at 1k per litre here. Mine are both electric. (well, all three are electric, but we don't count the 1:24 scale in the category) The ones in the vid are fuel. The pics that Dilan posted a week or so back, those seemed to be electric. Personally, I think I would pick electric for drifting. No delay on throttle response and instant torque.

Shell, absolutley doesn't matter. pimp factor. Pick ur pref.

Also, I'm guessing, but the ones in the vid probably have special drift kits. probably changes in the suspension, def change in the tires. Kits are available from dif manufacturers, so check availability and if they are suitable for the car u want.

Prices, no idea about UK bro. Starting here is in the low 20s for a decent electric.

machan peri thanks for the info.

Whilst looking for a RC for me i came across something. Nissan 350Z drifter RC car

1:10 scale, full function ready to runwith power slide drifting action.Includes 1x9.6v rechargebale battery pack.charger and battery availabke in two frequencies. 27 and 40 mhz. for ages 8 and over..but looks darn good.Its a red car with "Z drifter" decals on the side with a big black high spoiler and silver rims with red spokes. looks good in the mag. The bast part is its onlt 40 pounds.

Also found this site.

machan peri thanks for the info.

Whilst looking for a RC for me i came across something. Nissan 350Z drifter RC car

1:10 scale, full function ready to runwith power slide drifting action.Includes 1x9.6v rechargebale battery pack.charger and battery availabke in two frequencies. 27 and 40 mhz. for ages 8 and over..but looks darn good.Its a red car with "Z drifter" decals on the side with a big black high spoiler and silver rims with red spokes. looks good in the mag. The bast part is its onlt 40 pounds.

Also found this site.

carsyok20gt4street7ej.jpg

THE WORLD's #1 NITRO TOURING CAR

The GT4-Street sets a new standard for ready to run kits by combining the most successful gas racer in history with the most powerful engine to ever power a 10th scale kit. With top speeds of 60 mph out of the box, a 2-speed transmission, full ball bearings and a proven radio, it is no wonder the GT4-Street is the fastest selling car in the US ! (RTR version not avaibable in the UK)

FEATURES - 60 MPH Top Speed .18-size engine - 2-Speed Transmission - National Champion Chassis - Officially licensed Veilside RX-7 Body Aluminum Drivetrain Support - Full set of ball bearings

DIMENSIONS - Overall length: 390mm Overall width: 200mm Overall height: 105mm Wheelbase: 258mm Tread: 162mm Weight (ready to run): 1750g

GT4-Street - £299.99,

Required to complete: 2channel radio £49.99 - Glow starter £14.99 - Paint & Batteries

This looks like a winner, what do you guys think?

carsyok20gt4street7ej.jpg

THE WORLD's #1 NITRO TOURING CAR

The GT4-Street sets a new standard for ready to run kits by combining the most successful gas racer in history with the most powerful engine to ever power a 10th scale kit. With top speeds of 60 mph out of the box, a 2-speed transmission, full ball bearings and a proven radio, it is no wonder the GT4-Street is the fastest selling car in the US ! (RTR version not avaibable in the UK)

FEATURES - 60 MPH Top Speed .18-size engine - 2-Speed Transmission - National Champion Chassis - Officially licensed Veilside RX-7 Body Aluminum Drivetrain Support - Full set of ball bearings

DIMENSIONS - Overall length: 390mm Overall width: 200mm Overall height: 105mm Wheelbase: 258mm Tread: 162mm Weight (ready to run): 1750g

GT4-Street - £299.99,

Required to complete: 2channel radio £49.99 - Glow starter £14.99 - Paint & Batteries

This looks like a winner, what do you guys think?

I think this is the very model that Dilan has :D he should be able to give u a good review.

To Praveen :- The pics that Dilan posted a week or so back, those seemed to be electric. Personally, I think I would pick electric for drifting.

Ans :- machan referring to those pictures… the one I have is a Fuel R/C RX-7 Car….. Personally I like electric too but you should experience the power of and the things that you can do with fuel R/C’s……

To overdrive

Bravo …bravo… bravo…….. :D so you like YOKOMO among all the brands ha… well come to the club then lol…. I have the same car and I ordered it from N.Y 2003 july and they gave me the car 2004 January …coz it was back ordered over here at that time… yeah so in uk I have no idea how it works but if you saw this car for sale go for it don’t wait….

Like Praveen said “check if u can find a club or track close by and check there rules on the scales they play with” and machan according to my knowledge YOKOMO is the best R/C cars in the world… there are other good brands like Tamiya, Kyosho, HPI and Nikko but if you go through world championship results most of the winnings are YOKOMO brands…and the one you selected right now is 9 times world chap R/C car…. even drifting event’s introduced to the world by YOKOMO … but the only thing that I don’t like about them was the price… but the parts are cheep though…. HPI has a cheep look for they body’s compare to YOKOMO I have no idea about other peoples opinions…..but personally I recommend YOKOMO…..

Again like Praveen said you have to change if you are buying the one in the picture…I mean GT-4 RTR Veilside RX-7 because this is not a drift car this is a completion racing R/C car…..and it’s all wheel drive…. So by the time I purchased mine Drifting R/C were not available in the market so I’m kind of stuck in the middle right now….so if you are buying this R/C car you have to change these parts special drift Chassis, suspension, definitely you have 2 change the tires, Clutch, pressure plate and the fly wheel with the entire differential, shocks and you have to upgrade your brake system in to Dish system…. That’s what they told me right now… I know it’s a pain in the a** but no choice …if you are looking for R/C drift car don’t go for YOKOMO RTR GT-4 Veilside RX-7…. Coz they have drifting packages available right now for $380…..

These are my natural tires that came with the car, Second Tier set ( racing slick ), Third set ( Drifting set )

rims4vs.jpg

So all the best for your R/C hunting if you are looking for performance I’m recommending the one you already selected ( RTR GT-4 RX-7 ) and if you are looking for a drift car go for Yokomo Drift page coz it’s too much work if you purchase the other car instead of drift package… if you have questions again hit me back… and also don’t for get YOKOMO since 1964.... :D 4 more info click here AutoLanka R/C

RC Drift Pakage

packagedpapex3007dv.jpg

photodpfc3s23003sj.jpg

My Mod's

First paint

rx42dn7fm.jpg

rx15ii0vr.jpg

2nd paint

dsc005719sn8gz.jpg

3rd paint

35qm15lv.jpg

yo dilan thanks for the reply machan. You have given me a lot of good info. so i took ur advice and came up with this site. prices look very good. This is the yokomo uk site. so machan according to this for example if you get the chasis pack Yokomo Drift Hiper Silvia RS-2 Price: £144.00 including the shell and the MDHSPP Modelsport UK Electric Hi-Spec Plus Pack Price: £139.00 i should be on my way right. Is this a good buy? Its about Rs 51k which sounds like a good price..any comments.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...nufacturerID=64

yo dilan thanks for the reply machan. You have given me a lot of good info. so i took ur advice and came up with this site. prices look very good. This is the yokomo uk site. so machan according to this for example if you get the chasis pack Yokomo Drift Hiper Silvia RS-2 Price: £144.00 including the shell and the MDHSPP Modelsport UK Electric Hi-Spec Plus Pack Price: £139.00 i should be on my way right. Is this a good buy? Its about Rs 51k which sounds like a good price..any comments.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...nufacturerID=64

hey machan...Yokomo Drift Hiper Silvia RS-2 is a good package…go for it ...don't wait... but make sure their doing the paint job for the car…other vice you have to do it your self….read the instructions before you paint the car… coz I already mess-up one body and make sure their doing the first tune up for you….don’t mess with the brand new engine ....drive slowly at least until you finish two tanks of gas so it's season the engine....…. all the best :D

koffices155sz.jpg

these are the stuffs I have to buy for my car……

Aluminum Rear Suspension Mount

aluminumrearsuspensionmount220.jpg

Drift One-Way Main Drive Shaft

driftonewaymaindriveshaft35006.jpg

DRIFT STAGE 1 Upgrade Kit

driftstage1upgradekit87008wa.jpg

Rotary Carburetor Complete for ZE-RX18RES and ZE

rotarycarburetorcompleteforzer.jpg

YOKOMO Rear Exhaust Manifold

yokomorearexhaustmanifold25001.jpg