• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Detailing The Interior Of Your Car For Sale Or Make Yourself Feel Better About Your Car.

jdnet

• 1 month later...

good post :) im looking for a car vacuum cleaner which can use via Cigarette socket,

is there any place to buy around colombo?

I think I saw a few cheap ones at darley road. Also abans has the electric one. Don't expect too much power from these though. They are generally pretty crappy. Try and get a cheap wet/dry shop vac. You won't regret it.

I think I saw a few cheap ones at darley road. Also abans has the electric one. Don't expect too much power from these though. They are generally pretty crappy. Try and get a cheap wet/dry shop vac. You won't regret it.

thanks for the reply mate :) i think we can get more power by starting the engine anyway will try wet/dry normal vacuum cln.

good post :) im looking for a car vacuum cleaner which can use via Cigarette socket,

is there any place to buy around colombo?

We have a hoover car vacuum but didnt use it more than 3 times. The power is just miserable, you are batter off buying one of those mid size portable vacuums :unsure:

My vehicle has some very small scratches, yet they are in differant body panels,

My paint shop told me that only the scratch can't be painted and each panel should be painted,

That means painting half of the vehicle for some very small scratches,

I'm not going to sell the vehicle, yet I like to give my old girl a brand new look, as it worked for me for 3yrs.

Can someone post how to keep the exterior in a good shape,

My vehicle has some very small scratches, yet they are in differant body panels,

My paint shop told me that only the scratch can't be painted and each panel should be painted,

That means painting half of the vehicle for some very small scratches,

I'm not going to sell the vehicle, yet I like to give my old girl a brand new look, as it worked for me for 3yrs.

Can someone post how to keep the exterior in a good shape,

You would need to find a paint guy capable of repairing the scratches. They can be filled in but it would require someone capable of matching and mixing paint manually to get the right color. Don't think there are to many guys here who could do it. In the end to most people just end up painting the entire panel. I've actually tried spot repair once and it worked out really well. I did have a shop mix the paint by matching my color according to eye and not computers. The biggest issue in things like this is getting the paint to match.

Edited by jdnet

You would need to find a paint guy capable of repairing the scratches. They can be filled in but it would require someone capable of matching and mixing paint manually to get the right color. Don't think there are to many guys here who could do it. In the end to most people just end up painting the entire panel. I've actually tried spot repair once and it worked out really well. I did have a shop mix the paint by matching my color according to eye and not computers. The biggest issue in things like this is getting the paint to match.

JD,

Mine is a Silver metallic paint do you think the same can be applied to

metallic paints? I've heard that the metallic paints can not be or rather hard to

be retouched. Mine has few nasty cuts looking forwrad to take it to CRC seeduwa.

Thanks jdnet for the advice,

I'm planing to cut and polish it afterward,

After a cut and polish dose it give the original color,

If so could i use the original color code for the paint (before or after cut and polish, which is better?)

or will the slightly heat burnt color make an effect,

the vehicle is less than 4yrs old and it also has a metallic color.

Thanks jdnet for the advice,

I'm planing to cut and polish it afterward,

After a cut and polish dose it give the original color,

If so could i use the original color code for the paint (before or after cut and polish, which is better?)

or will the slightly heat burnt color make an effect,

the vehicle is less than 4yrs old and it also has a metallic color.

Since your vehicle is only four years old (and assuming you don't live in an area such as hambantota) you should be able to it to match up relatively well as long as the point you used for the repair was an exact match of the factory paint. Eitherway is should match up pretty well and only one with a keen eye would spot the difference.

• 2 months later...

Dear jdnet,

How to fix broken or cracked hard plastic parts? eg: A/C ventilations on the dash board, plastic area that surrounded vipers.

I tried super glue and efoxy glue. Were useless... super glue not long lasting. efoxy resulted colour shares.

Dear jdnet,

How to fix broken or cracked hard plastic parts? eg: A/C ventilations on the dash board, plastic area that surrounded vipers.

I tried super glue and efoxy glue. Were useless... super glue not long lasting. efoxy resulted colour shares.

Well the best way to repair it is to fiberglass is and repaint. As for cracks, you can use araldite on the back but you may still see the crack on the front it's more of a way to hold things together than removing signs of a crack. Also for things like repairing cracks I generally glue a thing strip of plastic to the back of the crack and use locking pliers to hold it in place till it dries.

Members,

Interior upholstery cleaning you cannot do with single motor Vacuum cleaner a good job. Have to use a professional three motor Vacuum cleaner.

It is far cheaper investing on a professional Vacuum cleaner to give any car to professional car cleaning service and get them to do a proper correct job pinpointing what you want if you have patches.

I write this through experience as small domestic cleaners do not do a proper cleaning of patches on car seats they are good for just to clean off the car floor dirt and dust which is collected on normal use.

20 years ago we in Srilanka did not have three motor wet and dry Vacuum cleaners early 1990 I bought three of this three motor type in Singapore With two high speed blower type carpet dryers and supplied to a professional car cleaning station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

Well the best way to repair it is to fiberglass is and repaint. As for cracks, you can use araldite on the back but you may still see the crack on the front it's more of a way to hold things together than removing signs of a crack. Also for things like repairing cracks I generally glue a thing strip of plastic to the back of the crack and use locking pliers to hold it in place till it dries.

Thanks alot jdnet. I'll try it.smile.gif

Members,

Interior upholstery cleaning you cannot do with single motor Vacuum cleaner a good job. Have to use a professional three motor Vacuum cleaner.

It is far cheaper investing on a professional Vacuum cleaner to give any car to professional car cleaning service and get them to do a proper correct job pinpointing what you want if you have patches.

I write this through experience as small domestic cleaners do not do a proper cleaning of patches on car seats they are good for just to clean off the car floor dirt and dust which is collected on normal use.

20 years ago we in Srilanka did not have three motor wet and dry Vacuum cleaners early 1990 I bought three of this three motor type in Singapore With two high speed blower type carpet dryers and supplied to a professional car cleaning station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

How is any of this related to DIY detailing?

Also for a man who claims to have been a pioneer at everything, it's funny that not a single soul knows who you are....

How is any of this related to DIY detailing?

Also for a man who claims to have been a pioneer at everything, it's funny that not a single soul knows who you are....

'jdnet',

Jdnet no body in this forum did not know untill you joined this forun few months back as a Automobile technologist.

You do not have a eshtablished business. Your main idea joining this forum to become populer for your future work shop to start by yourself to inform members that you want to get into motor repair business by writing all DIY very small projects.

I remember you was bosting on this forum this post is my 1000th post.That alone show up your poor Quality.

Do not write out of point I have never claimed Pionner of every thing in this industrial world your above writing denotes how foolish you are calling me a pioneer in industries in the world.

Do not underestimate any one. I am following my late fathers foot steps in Srilanka Automobile and heavy Electrical

aftermarket servise industry which he started in 1931 at the same place Colombo 00300. I only had added another service which is requared by motorists at the same place Colombo.

All above I write with authority I have prooved my self among motorists in Srilanka how capable in my work in past and what I am active at present.

I wish you good luck for your future Automobile servise Business.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

'jdnet',

Jdnet no body in this forum did not know untill you joined this forun few months back as a Automobile technologist.

You do not have a eshtablished business. Your main idea joining this forum to become populer for your future work shop to start by yourself to inform members that you want to get into motor repair business by writing all DIY very small projects.

I remember you was bosting on this forum this post is my 1000th post.That alone show up your poor Quality.

Do not write out of point I have never claimed Pionner of every thing in this industrial world your above writing denotes how foolish you are calling me a pioneer in industries in the world.

Do not underestimate any one. I am following my late fathers foot steps in Srilanka Automobile and heavy Electrical

aftermarket servise industry which he started in 1931 at the same place Colombo 00300. I only had added another service which is requared by motorists at the same place Colombo.

All above I write with authority I have prooved my self among motorists in Srilanka how capable in my work in past and what I am active at present.

I wish you good luck for your future Automobile servise Business.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I learned a lot from Jdnet's DIY posts and I'm pretty sure thousands of other members did. In fact, I tried out a few of those stuff myself and they worked for me. In the meantime, all you do is post irrelevant comments and history lessons. Maybe u are much more experienced than Jdnet or anyone else in this forum, but for me (and many others), it's as useful as a rectal itch. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us by posting useless comments on valuable posts.

Mods, if it is possible, I would like to request you to remove irrelevant comments (including this one) from this post. Thx.

Dear jdnet,

I'd second a fibreglass fix to the A/C vent as listed above in your initial query 'Nirosha'

I had a similar situation with trim that was fixed via a local fibreglass fabricator. My repair cost me a total of Rs.750 and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The details are as per my post on another thread.

Edited by Kavvz

I learned a lot from Jdnet's DIY posts and I'm pretty sure thousands of other members did. In fact, I tried out a few of those stuff myself and they worked for me. In the meantime, all you do is post irrelevant comments and history lessons. Maybe u are much more experienced than Jdnet or anyone else in this forum, but for me (and many others), it's as useful as a rectal itch. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us by posting useless comments on valuable posts.

Mods, if it is possible, I would like to request you to remove irrelevant comments (including this one) from this post. Thx.

'Crosswind'

Thank you for your post. I replyed as a member not to hurt him with facts.

When members write irrelevent comments I am compled to reply them.You had written that you get rectal itch?

If you or any member get rectal itch after reading my posts my advice to see a doctor.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.