• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer A72 Saturn Engine

rameez

Hi, I have a Lancer A73 L light car 9 Sri (1976 module) brought a week back. This hasn't serviced nearly 8 months and planing to do on next weekend.

Can anyone advice me about the best engine oil grade for this by your experience.

Also do I have to replace the gear oil and differential oil too or just filling is enough??

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

Mahesh,

It is rather difficult to answer to your question.

Because you have not given how many kilometers the vehicle had done.

Was the car not used for long time or not serviced.

When you drive do you get any problems.

Please give a detail feed back then other experienced members who had used of same type of vehicles will advice you.

Or show to a automobile engineer and get a inspection report.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you for your quick response.

1. This has run nearly 234000 kilometers, also the previous owner has done a full engine repair too. (not sure how many Kms after repair)

2. Yes this hasn't serviced 8-9 months from last service, but hasn't reach the next service due meter reading. (Meter is working)

3. Had small engine-miss but now its ok.

Thanks

Mahesh

'mensoft',

Windscreen washers if it is defective you can get enough used good ones at Delkanda used spare parts shops. I one year ago bought with the tank for rupees 1000.00 it was not the same for the car which fitted I did small modifications to the fixing bracket and fitted same only to connect to the water line of the windscreen if it is not used for long time get the tubes cleaned and water jet nipples to the W/S also cleaned.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, what mensoft wants I think is to have a look at some parts from rameeze's car so he can fabricate some for his car. I think I remember another thread where he was trying to resolve the missing break adjuster issue. I wonder if rameeze will be kind enough for the part to be removed from his car for fabrication by a machine shop :) Mensoft, go with gifts at the ready ;)

• 6 years later...