• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speakers For Ek3

Ek3 Ferio

6.5" for front and 6x9 for the rear ones. You can buy speakers from any decent car audio shop. Haven't lived in Kandy for a long time so I really don't know where you could find em over there. Either way just try to find a decent audio shop and get something that's within your budget. Any auto electical guy can install them for you (actually anyone who can take off your door panels can install em so even a common auto mechanic could do it).

Why not have some fun and do it yourself? should take you about 30 mins- 1 hour. If you have a basic socket set and a phillips screw driver.

Edited by jdnet

6.5" for front and 6x9 for the rear ones. You can buy speakers from any decent car audio shop. Haven't lived in Kandy for a long time so I really don't know where you could find em over there. Either way just try to find a decent audio shop and get something that's within your budget. Any auto electical guy can install them for you (actually anyone who can take off your door panels can install em so even a common auto mechanic could do it).

Why not have some fun and do it yourself? should take you about 30 mins- 1 hour. If you have a basic socket set and a phillips screw driver.

Thanks for the reply mate, I dont know much about speakers (actually nothing :)), could you please give me an idea of 2 way and 3 way?

Yes fixing can be done by myself, first need to find out a good sound quality speakers which matches the sockets :)

argghh typed up a long reply buut it got deleted. Too lazy to start again so here's a couple of links for ya to understand some basics in frequency ranges covered in 2-way, 3-way and 4-way speakers.

http://www.epinions.com/content_2454888580

http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic30064.html

In short what you need to know it that if you are looking for really good sound got with 3-way speakers together with a subwoofer and amp. If you are looking for just a decent setup just go with the 2-ways. When choosing 2-way or 3-way speakers try to go for a reliable brand. I installed some cheap 3-ways on my old car and had a lot of issues until I switched them for 3-way pioneers.

argghh typed up a long reply buut it got deleted. Too lazy to start again so here's a couple of links for ya to understand some basics in frequency ranges covered in 2-way, 3-way and 4-way speakers.

http://www.epinions.com/content_2454888580

http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic30064.html

In short what you need to know it that if you are looking for really good sound got with 3-way speakers together with a subwoofer and amp. If you are looking for just a decent setup just go with the 2-ways. When choosing 2-way or 3-way speakers try to go for a reliable brand. I installed some cheap 3-ways on my old car and had a lot of issues until I switched them for 3-way pioneers.

thanks for the link, it explanes the situation well, actually i should have goggled it before :) hik hik.

I'm not going for sub woofer and stuff, i just need a simple decent setup with decent quality sound, it doesnt need to be high volume. SO I have already pioneer 50x4 output setup in my car. But the speakers doesnt produce good quality sounds. They are sony 35W speakers. So thought to replace the speakers.

Sun lanka told that there are no 50W 6.5inch pioneer speakers, so i should have go for Hunma speakers. That made me confused and thought to ask from AL.

thanks for the link, it explanes the situation well, actually i should have goggled it before :) hik hik.

I'm not going for sub woofer and stuff, i just need a simple decent setup with decent quality sound, it doesnt need to be high volume. SO I have already pioneer 50x4 output setup in my car. But the speakers doesnt produce good quality sounds. They are sony 35W speakers. So thought to replace the speakers.

Sun lanka told that there are no 50W 6.5inch pioneer speakers, so i should have go for Hunma speakers. That made me confused and thought to ask from AL.

At the economy range I would say you your stick with pioneer speakers. Thats my opinion only though. Of recent it seems that sony and kenwood have cut down on quality. I have a couple of x-plods and they did not age well at all.

I had alpines in the car and they were pretty darn good...the 6x9's at the back delivered good enough bass to not consider a powered sub

Just make sure the doors are sealed enough so that moisture wont get in and ruin speakers fast

I had alpines in the car and they were pretty darn good...the 6x9's at the back delivered good enough bass to not consider a powered sub

Just make sure the doors are sealed enough so that moisture wont get in and ruin speakers fast

Thanks for your reply mate. What do you mean by sealing the doors? You might be referring to the door panels which speakers are fixed.

How do you suggest me to make it more sealer if they are not sealed well? These tips will be very useful as I’m going to installed the speakers.

Many thanks.

At the economy range I would say you your stick with pioneer speakers. Thats my opinion only though. Of recent it seems that sony and kenwood have cut down on quality. I have a couple of x-plods and they did not age well at all.

I'm under the economy rage so really appreciate your advice.

Thanks for your reply mate. What do you mean by sealing the doors? You might be referring to the door panels which speakers are fixed.

How do you suggest me to make it more sealer if they are not sealed well? These tips will be very useful as I’m going to installed the speakers.

Many thanks.

if you're putting pricey speakers it's always better to ensure they last long enough... especially on older cars some water will eventually finds it way through the beadings...happened to me :(

there are things called speaker baffles that you can connect to the back of the speaker...google it and you can see what it looks like

if you're putting pricey speakers it's always better to ensure they last long enough... especially on older cars some water will eventually finds it way through the beadings...happened to me :(

there are things called speaker baffles that you can connect to the back of the speaker...google it and you can see what it looks like

That is a good fact you pointed out, thanks for sharing your experience. And I think is will be wise to use speaker baffles for front door speakers. Thanks for the info too.

Guys one another simple question.

Is there two quality types of pioneer speakers? Like local one and some other high quality one?

Another small question fromm me also.. Anybody have experiance about 'rockford fosgate' speakers. Are they better that pioneer ones..? I'm planning to fix them from P@TC*O... Please advice me..

Good ques from EK.. seriously.. are there 2 qualities of pioneer speakers..?? (How abt the ones in 'P@TC*O'.. :)

Cheers..

K.

Another small question fromm me also.. Anybody have experiance about 'rockford fosgate' speakers. Are they better that pioneer ones..? I'm planning to fix them from P@TC*O... Please advice me..

Good ques from EK.. seriously.. are there 2 qualities of pioneer speakers..?? (How abt the ones in 'P@TC*O'.. :)

Cheers..

K.

Mate, could you please let us know prices of the speakers you gonna buy?

Guys one another simple question.

Is there two quality types of pioneer speakers? Like local one and some other high quality one?

You do- the cheap Chinese imitation ones that spell the name incorrectly or have a different font and colored box, with a cheaper build- you get them around Petta.

The originals are available at almost all the good car stereo places

Mate, could you please let us know prices of the speakers you gonna buy?

This is the one i asked from them. Still i didn't go there to see the speakers.

Rockford P163C - Rs 13K.. :) Still i'm not 100% sure that this model is good or not. Have to go there and check.

Cheers,

K.

tried alpine? DLS? Rockford? Infinity?

don't have a lot of experience with JVC and Kenwood but the few i've seen and heard wont let me pay for any of em

The reason I thought to stick with the pioneer is my budget. And I checked some most common car audio places and I didn't find Alpine. Do you know a place to find Alpine? And the price?

i bought mine sometime ago from advance... can try Pet#o too...

blaupunkt has cheaper series...no idea about prices but you can give a ring to either of these places and find out

also Pet#o brings down fusion speakers...I've heard them on their show mini and it sounded awesome

i bought mine sometime ago from advance... can try Pet#o too...

blaupunkt has cheaper series...no idea about prices but you can give a ring to either of these places and find out

also Pet#o brings down fusion speakers...I've heard them on their show mini and it sounded awesome

I rang them and got to know that Alpine are not in my budget range. 6x9 original Alpines are over 18k. No much stocks in Alpine, Fusion, JBL at P#t#co too. JBL is a option too.

Hi Guys,

One more question. I tried to find 6.5inch speakers for front doors, but I'm unable to find 6.5inch. Is it possible to fix the 6 inch speakers to front doors of civic with out any modification to the fixing panel?

Please help me.

Thanks