• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speakers For Ek3

Ek3 Ferio

Hi Guys,

One more question. I tried to find 6.5inch speakers for front doors, but I'm unable to find 6.5inch. Is it possible to fix the 6 inch speakers to front doors of civic with out any modification to the fixing panel?

Please help me.

Thanks

Anyone there?

You should be able to fix the 6" - without too much of a modification. Most good car stereo places will do the job for you- if you are purchasing from them. I had 6" fitted on the front door's of my ViRS

hmmm what do you mean by without too much of a modification? Are the fixing holes in the door are matching with those in 6inch speakers? Can't the 6inch speaker fix by my self?

so how much did you buy it for? what brand? where?

Actually I bought it from a Pettah whole sale outlet. It is genuine pioneer not made in China. It cost me 6500 for 4 way 6x9 speaker pair. Fixing was done by me. But they don't have 6.5inch speakers, but they do have 16cm 4way speakers.

Actually I bought it from a Pettah whole sale outlet. It is genuine pioneer not made in China. It cost me 6500 for 4 way 6x9 speaker pair. Fixing was done by me. But they don't have 6.5inch speakers, but they do have 16cm 4way speakers.

what's the shop and how did you figure out it is genuine?

Edited by isurujosh

what's the shop and how did you figure out it is genuine?

It is in the Kayser Street. I heard that some of car audio joints also buy items from them. And I brought it to a guy who does car audio installation and he told that it is genuine and shown me a set of 5way speakers which made in China too. The box is also different with it. The box guy shown me has a label called Made in China, it doesn't have Tokyo Japan label which my one has back side of the box And the sound quality is also good.

Do you know a way to get it know genuine or not?

It is in the Kayser Street. I heard that some of car audio joints also buy items from them. And I brought it to a guy who does car audio installation and he told that it is genuine and shown me a set of 5way speakers which made in China too. The box is also different with it. The box guy shown me has a label called Made in China, it doesn't have Tokyo Japan label which my one has back side of the box And the sound quality is also good.

Clarion speakers are made in china but in my experience they are pretty good stuff...

Had set on my car and it was out performing mid range pioneers...

Mind you some of the high end clarions are not cheap...

about piracy...most big name brands have given out ways to differentiate between the fake ones and the originals.

was on the hunt for RF subs sometime back and a few google searches got me some good info..

Everything from differences in packaging boxes to the color and texture of cone material etc etc..

Clarion speakers are made in china but in my experience they are pretty good stuff...

Had set on my car and it was out performing mid range pioneers...

Mind you some of the high end clarions are not cheap...

about piracy...most big name brands have given out ways to differentiate between the fake ones and the originals.

was on the hunt for RF subs sometime back and a few google searches got me some good info..

Everything from differences in packaging boxes to the color and texture of cone material etc etc..

i wanted to just check out what are the good value for money options out there? what exactly is this place (name, tel#?) do they have other items like dvd players too? please let us know of what you think about the sound quality of your speakers too.

thank you.

i wanted to just check out what are the good value for money options out there? what exactly is this place (name, tel#?) do they have other items like dvd players too? please let us know of what you think about the sound quality of your speakers too.

thank you.

I checked the speakers in a famous car audio joint in Kandy before buying, they also have the same speakers for higher price than pettah. Actually 4000 to 5000 price difference.

If we talk about the quality, as I feel it is the quality of pioneer speakers. Very loud and clear sound variations. Still I have only rear 6x9 speakers only, it works well up to volume 35. I'm really satisfied about the sound quality.

Yes they do have all the audio/video accessories for vehicles. I'm not sure whether it is ok to mention the name and tell of the place as it can be considered as promoting the shop. Actually I really dont want to any promotions as I have no connections with the shop. If it is ok to say I can tell the details no prob. :D

I checked the speakers in a famous car audio joint in Kandy before buying, they also have the same speakers for higher price than pettah. Actually 4000 to 5000 price difference.

If we talk about the quality, as I feel it is the quality of pioneer speakers. Very loud and clear sound variations. Still I have only rear 6x9 speakers only, it works well up to volume 35. I'm really satisfied about the sound quality.

Yes they do have all the audio/video accessories for vehicles. I'm not sure whether it is ok to mention the name and tell of the place as it can be considered as promoting the shop. Actually I really dont want to any promotions as I have no connections with the shop. If it is ok to say I can tell the details no prob. :D

i think it would be alright to give a name/# as personal help to forum members.

i think it would be alright to give a name/# as personal help to forum members.

Sorry about the delay mate, loooong weekend is over. :(

It is called Favourite Super Market in Kayzer Street. It is bit difficult to find as it has a small entrance. Anyone will show the place if asked. Go to the first floor. In the ground floor you will see a hell lot of clothing shops. Enter the building and turn right there is a stare case to 1st floor. In the first floor there are 4 ,5 electronic item shops. You can search all the shops. I bought 2nd shop once you entered to the 1st floor. 2458895. As these are whole sale shops always a hell lot of people there, so they might not answer you phone calls nicely and give detailed descriptions of the items you are looking for like professional dealers. You know this is pettah. :) So better visit the shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

@Ek3 Ferio;

Thaks alot for the last update on this thread.

The rear speakers of my car started to show their age and i was hunting for a good deal as replacements. Went to several reputed audio shops around colombo and they quoted somewhere around 11,000-12,000 for a decent set of pioneer 4way 6*9's including the installation cost. But, after reading this thread, went to pettah and managed to find the same set of speakers for Rs 6700. Bought them and installed them myself.

Money saved = Rs 4000+

Self satisfaction = non-measurable biggrin.gif

• Like 2

Good tip that. That s haute difference. I'm looking for speakers and amp for Datsun as well. Pettah it is then

Don't forget the conversation we had about this a while back. Do let me know if you're going, might be able to get a bulk order discount :)

@Ek3 Ferio;

Thaks alot for the last update on this thread.

The rear speakers of my car started to show their age and i was hunting for a good deal as replacements. Went to several reputed audio shops around colombo and they quoted somewhere around 11,000-12,000 for a decent set of pioneer 4way 6*9's including the installation cost. But, after reading this thread, went to pettah and managed to find the same set of speakers for Rs 6700. Bought them and installed them myself.

Money saved = Rs 4000+

Self satisfaction = non-measurable biggrin.gif

Glad to know my post helps someone. Those info is over 3 years old and still I have the same car with the same set of speakers. Actually still they work brilliantly. :)

Glad to know my post helps someone. Those info is over 3 years old and still I have the same car with the same set of speakers. Actually still they work brilliantly. :)

It surely did help me a lot. I knew this was an old post. I just wanted to thank you since not many people who come up with questions in this forum post the final outcome of their problem even though they receive so many valuable inputs from the forum members. You did that and it was beneficial for all the others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pettah is the best place to buy stuff. People hesitate to go there because of the crowd and the hazard, but if you know where to go then you will find best deals there. You name it they have it :D Too bad they don'tr have car parts LOL.

• 4 years later...
On 4/3/2014 at 1:30 PM, Ek3 Ferio said:

bumping a 4 year old thread to see if the speakers you purchased are still working and was actually genuine? anyway how can genuine speakers have a price difference of like 4k? is this really possible??? if it is then i might as well go to this place.. also @Komisiripala did you buy your speakers from here? also @TheFlyingFox are you aware of this place?