• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Current Price For Mitsubishi Io 2001 Series

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Thanks lilzackie,

I am assuming its a GDI version. What was the mileage? Agents claim that the cost of a timing belt and GDI pump replacement and tune-up will cost about 300k!! That is why I thought of the "H" series..hopefully low milage.

I think that you have paid a good price. When was it purchased?

yip its gdi and the clock's mileage is 130,000km.is it 30,000RS orr 300,000RS for replacing stuff??? i've bought mine 3 months later.yeah try to buy a new one with sat nav version(pearl white)...thats good than others...

by the way welcome for the pajero io owners club (hope you join soon).......

yip its gdi and the clock's mileage is 130,000km.is it 30,000RS orr 300,000RS for replacing stuff??? i've bought mine 3 months later.yeah try to buy a new one with sat nav version(pearl white)...thats good than others...

by the way welcome for the pajero io owners club (hope you join soon).......

I think you are way off on this sat nav thing. The system is in japanese and essentially worthless. OP I bought my H-reg for 2.3 million. YOM is 2000 and it's a GDI turbo. As for the high pressure fuel pump (gdi pump as you say) you can find a used one for about 65000 and installation cost me 2000 through a guy who works for the dealer. Either way you don't have to replace the part if it's working.

Lilzackie.....Thank you for the info. Its 300,000 at the Agents. Yes I am looking for a carefully used "H" or "J" series. Btw, Is there a Mitsubishi pajero IO owners club?

jdnet....That is welcome news!! Good to know that there are other repair options. If Admin has no objections, can you provide more info??.. contact name and mobile number? Thanks

Is there luxury tax on the IO?

Edited by Ekendra Edrisinghe

I think you are way off on this sat nav thing. The system is in japanese and essentially worthless. OP I bought my H-reg for 2.3 million. YOM is 2000 and it's a GDI turbo. As for the high pressure fuel pump (gdi pump as you say) you can find a used one for about 65000 and installation cost me 2000 through a guy who works for the dealer. Either way you don't have to replace the part if it's working.

Hi jdnet, any idea how much a used pump for a Montero (V6) GDI costs?

yeah agreed.the only thing we can do is fit a reverse camera for the display.by the way how is your fuel consumption on turbo??

and intrested on "guy who works for the dealer"can you gimme the contact??

i've few work to done on my one.....

Thanks lilzackie,

I am assuming its a GDI version. What was the mileage? Agents claim that the cost of a timing belt and GDI pump replacement and tune-up will cost about 300k!! That is why I thought of the "H" series..hopefully low milage.

I think that you have paid a good price. When was it purchased?

2-2.5 Million is about the general going rate for an I.O

if you want to avoid the issues of the GDI 's you could look at getting a Montero IO - These were the ones imported Brand New by Unit#d Mot#rs 

They a tad spartan in comparison with the JDM versions - No Airbags or Fancy alloys

and keep in mind that these will likely have lesser mileage as they are brand new - so roughly an HZ plate on one of these means a 2004 Year of Manufacture versus a circa 2001 YOM for a JDM recon import

2-2.5 Million is about the general going rate for an I.O

if you want to avoid the issues of the GDI 's you could look at getting a Montero IO - These were the ones imported Brand New by Unit#d Mot#rs 

They a tad spartan in comparison with the JDM versions - No Airbags or Fancy alloys

and keep in mind that these will likely have lesser mileage as they are brand new - so roughly an HZ plate on one of these means a 2004 Year of Manufacture versus a circa 2001 YOM for a JDM recon import

Thank you for the info on prices. I have a friend who has a non-GDI pump version and this vehicle only does about 6-7km/l!! She is very dissappointed. It was purchased brand new.

aren't those really rare though? I've seen only about two on the road. Never seen one for sale. Pretty sure there are plenty of non-gdi JDMs in the market too. I may be confused with this though. Although if he's worried about kmpls and such the gdi version would be the better option.

yeah agreed.the only thing we can do is fit a reverse camera for the display.by the way how is your fuel consumption on turbo??

and intrested on "guy who works for the dealer"can you gimme the contact??

i've few work to done on my one.....

will pm you the number in the morning. The fuel consumption in the turbo is good. Although I don't really keep track on it and the fuel consumption of any car looks good to me after driving the tribute around town. lol.

Hi jdnet, any idea how much a used pump for a Montero (V6) GDI costs?

Not sure of the price but I'll tell you the name of a pretty reasonable place I bought the io pump from in the morning. Can't access my memory right now due to too much alcohol. BTW I would avoid shan as they tend to charge an arm and a leg. The io pump was 100k at shan and 60-70 at a couple of other places. Only one had it in stock though.

Edited by jdnet

Thank you for the info on prices. I have a friend who has a non-GDI pump version and this vehicle only does about 6-7km/l!! She is very dissappointed. It was purchased brand new.

Thats actually around about right

I've seen ours get as low as 5 kmpl in town sometimes :(

But the upshot is that its been quite trouble free - fidgity door lock & AC coil replacement have been the only repairs done - done 70k or there about if i recall right.

Lilzackie.....Thank you for the info. Its 300,000 at the Agents. Yes I am looking for a carefully used "H" or "J" series. Btw, Is there a Mitsubishi pajero IO owners club?

jdnet....That is welcome news!! Good to know that there are other repair options. If Admin has no objections, can you provide more info??.. contact name and mobile number? Thanks

Is there luxury tax on the IO?

Yes, Lux tax is applicable