• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Basic Car For Me

rameez

I am looking for my first car and I am not that rich.All i want is a basic ride with a small radio and average comfort for about 3 -4 people. From our life style i can reasonably assume that the longest journey we would be going is to matara using this vehicle.

My price would be around 3.5 to 4 with a +/- of 10%. Guys what can i buy. I am not interested in great looks and extreme speed.HOWEVER I WANT EASE OF USE AND AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS IS A THING I MUCH APPRECIATE AS I AM NOT IN A JOB THAT GIVES ME MUCH TIME OFF TO BE WITH GARAGES. :lol:

Anyone can recommend them and also places if spares would be much appreciated.I have seen a few VW,B310,B210,lancer stationwagon ...etc. just want your help.

I am looking for my first car and I am not that rich.All i want is a basic ride with a small radio and average comfort for about 3 -4 people. From our life style i can reasonably assume that the longest journey we would be going is to matara using this vehicle.

My price would be around 3.5 to 4 with a +/- of 10%. Guys what can i buy. I am not interested in great looks and extreme speed.HOWEVER I WANT EASE OF USE AND AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS IS A THING I MUCH APPRECIATE AS I AM NOT IN A JOB THAT GIVES ME MUCH TIME OFF TO BE WITH GARAGES. :lol:

Anyone can recommend them and also places if spares would be much appreciated.I have seen a few VW,B310,B210,lancer stationwagon ...etc. just want your help.

Lancer Box, Mazda Familia Wagon, Nissan B12, Honda Grand Civic(If u Lucky, in ur budget)

Lancer Box, Mazda Familia Wagon, Nissan B12, Honda Grand Civic(If u Lucky, in ur budget)

Hi RameeZ

B12 is far away from your budget but you may go for a good B11 or AD wagon (14-16 Sri) , what about a good B210, B310 or even Toyota KE 50-70 etc.

thanks

regards

sumith

hi rameez

go for toyota corolla stationwagon it's suits your mention requirements you can find spear easy. from my personal experience it's very reliable vehicle if you buying one tried for GL hi roof one it's have more market veluwe than dx and good luck on your hunt for vehicle bro

p.s stationwagons rear luggage space come handy in lots of time :)

Machang sumiya,

I agree B12 far from my amount .But B210 and B310 , KE50 are they ok , do they have spare parts.I mean i am a little bit afraid to go ahead.I went to panchikawatte oneday and just asked for a KE 50 light set no one had it.Anyone know of a place where you can buy parts for old vehicles.

Hi RameeZ

B12 is far away from your budget but you may go for a good B11 or AD wagon (14-16 Sri) , what about a good B210, B310 or even Toyota KE 50-70 etc.

thanks

regards

sumith

Machang sumiya,

I agree B12 far from my amount .But B210 and B310 , KE50 are they ok , do they have spare parts.I mean i am a little bit afraid to go ahead.I went to panchikawatte oneday and just asked for a KE 50 light set no one had it.Anyone know of a place where you can buy parts for old vehicles.

Hi Rammeez

i am also a owner of B210,very reliable if i say it is 99% , i use it more much no trouble .fuel consumption is also impressive,spare parts also available but it is always rare to find light covers,dash gauges etc .you have to keep them bit safer , :) if you are going after B210 or b310 i will give a contact detail they get most of the things(reconditioned parts)

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

How about Toyota KE-72 DX Wagon. You would be able to find 1983-1986 / 15/16SRI vehicle around 4-4.5 with A/C Too.

Spear parts can be easiily found.

Yes.. I also agree that Toyota KE-72 DX Wagon is a good car. But its like this, If you don't get a good condition car you are in trouble. I also have a KE 72 where i did a full engine repair + fully re-paint, etc.. etc... Now its very reliable & comfotable. If you don't car that condition car you may be in trouble.. :)

Another idea is get a good loan and go for a brand new car. Because even though i maintain my KE72 with lot of care sometime i have to go to the garage for small small issues, for example like brake pad adjustments, small small engine misses.. This occueres because even though you do a full engine repair still your engine is like 20+years old. But with my brand new car has never reported any issues for 1.5years. What i'm trying to say is when you go for a brand new car you are not worried abt maintenence plus good fuel economy.

Don't believe that KE72 parts are available. No its not always correct. I was looking for a PCV Valve but i couldn't found it in panchikawatta. So i got it from eBay.. :)

Finally, i will tell you this. If you are gonna buy a KE72 for your only car maintenence might be higher than a maruti.. :)

Cheers,

K.

<-- Picture of the car is attached.. & its not for sale.. :) -->

Hi Rameez

what about this , if you can maintain this old classic like this, it is a dream of me always bring mine to this condition if i am able , will see ... :)

thanks

regards

sumith

I know a place you can get the paint job done as a first step.. :) (The place where i did my paint job)

Actually to take your car to the level of the car in the pic is not impossible. I can help you with my contacts.

Hi Rameez,

I know we've been talking abt different old cars with your post. What i think is it's really safe to go for atleast a brand new maruti or if you can go for bit higher budget then you may go for perodua viva. I telling you with experience, not by hearing what others say. But its true that they are not too good as brand new toyota.

Cheers,

K.

Yes.. I also agree that Toyota KE-72 DX Wagon is a good car. But its like this, If you don't get a good condition car you are in trouble. I also have a KE 72 where i did a full engine repair + fully re-paint, etc.. etc... Now its very reliable & comfotable. If you don't car that condition car you may be in trouble.. :)

Another idea is get a good loan and go for a brand new car. Because even though i maintain my KE72 with lot of care sometime i have to go to the garage for small small issues, for example like brake pad adjustments, small small engine misses.. This occueres because even though you do a full engine repair still your engine is like 20+years old. But with my brand new car has never reported any issues for 1.5years. What i'm trying to say is when you go for a brand new car you are not worried abt maintenence plus good fuel economy.

Don't believe that KE72 parts are available. No its not always correct. I was looking for a PCV Valve but i couldn't found it in panchikawatta. So i got it from eBay.. :)

Finally, i will tell you this. If you are gonna buy a KE72 for your only car maintenence might be higher than a maruti.. :)

Cheers,

K.

dude, when you buy a 2nd hand car its not just a KE72, but any car that hasnt been well maintained is going to give you trouble. So discouraging the guy to buy one based on that is not the smartest thing to do. And you're comparing this 20+ year old car to your 1+ year old car?? seriously??? And the man has a budget, simply asking him to buy a brand new car isnt the solution...

@Rameez:

Anyway, on recommendations, you'll only find the big toyota/nissan/mitsubishi names in that price bracket.. those are probably the only the vehicles that have survived that long.. and i'd say the DX wagon is probably the best choice for you.. its a lot of car, and true it'll have issues but you wont find something that's trouble free (unless you maybe go for a brand new motorcycle)...

all the best again~

Hi Rameez,

I know we've been talking abt different old cars with your post. What i think is it's really safe to go for atleast a brand new maruti or if you can go for bit higher budget then you may go for perodua viva. I telling you with experience, not by hearing what others say. But its true that they are not too good as brand new toyota.

Cheers,

K.

K meeg i would love to ....but where is the cash so that is out of the point :(

sumiya

please tell me the places where i can get them. I have just seen a B310 in panadura car has been well looked after but there is some lights that needs to be fixed.how long have you been using the B210, has it got AC and can 4 ppl go comfortably in the car.my friend removed the original setup and fixed a poineer radio to it later .I think it is 1200cc right.my friend once took me in one and we were able to touch 95 Kmph in the new panadura road. would love to have one. :angry-smiley-048:

Hi Rammeez

i am also a owner of B210,very reliable if i say it is 99% , i use it more much no trouble .fuel consumption is also impressive,spare parts also available but it is always rare to find light covers,dash gauges etc .you have to keep them bit safer , :) if you are going after B210 or b310 i will give a contact detail they get most of the things(reconditioned parts)

thanks

regards

sumith

K meeg i would love to ....but where is the cash so that is out of the point :(

Rameez,

Just try for loan schemes at BoC. I got comparatively fair interest for a 5Year loan. I heard some banks are giving loans for 7years also. I can help you with some contacts at BoC.. I'm not trying to promote any banks here but i'm telling this because they have served me good.. :)

Cheers,

K.

sumiya

please tell me the places where i can get them. I have just seen a B310 in panadura car has been well looked after but there is some lights that needs to be fixed.how long have you been using the B210, has it got AC and can 4 ppl go comfortably in the car.my friend removed the original setup and fixed a poineer radio to it later .I think it is 1200cc right.my friend once took me in one and we were able to touch 95 Kmph in the new panadura road. would love to have one. :angry-smiley-048:

Hi rameez

I use it More regularly , i got to visit all island with it without any matter, i got AC in Mine but it doesn't work at the moment, unlike b310 , it is very difficult to find factory fitted AC B210 , since they are very rare here.there is no comfort issue at all , that car is designed get 135-140 KMPH, so touching 90 is nothing machan

Most of the B210's got Nissan A12(1200)

B310(Nissan A13,A14) likewise

here is the contact

Hussain Motors 0776267414

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

sumiya,

is this the car you have fs_120y_007.jpg.

There is a car brown color and condition seems to be ok. Asking price 265000 LKR.The owner says only thing that needs to be fixed is the brake master servo, will this be costly.

Hi rameez

I use it More regularly , i got to visit all island with it without any matter, i got AC in Mine but it doesn't work at the moment, unlike b310 , it is very difficult to find factory fitted AC B210 , since they are very rare here.there is no comfort issue at all , that car is designed get 135-140 KMPH, so touching 90 is nothing machan

Most of the B210's got Nissan A12(1200)

B310(Nissan A13,A14) likewise

here is the contact

Hussain Motors 0776267414

thanks

regards

sumith

sumiya,

is this the car you have fs_120y_007.jpg.

There is a car brown color and condition seems to be ok. Asking price 265000 LKR.The owner says only thing that needs to be fixed is the brake master servo, will this be costly.

Hi Rameez

if the Body condition is in good condition that price is ok , try it for 250 ,

that above car is not exactly mine, i got different JDM version GX Sport which you

may not be able to find here i guess,

here is some pics taken but not recently, i have painted front grill in black now

recently.mine of course body condition is not much good now need for another paint job soon

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi Rameez

that above car is not exactly mine, i got different JDM version GX Sport which you

there is a major issue in AL things are getting duplicated bla bla

i got the same dash with steering wheel batch on the middle says GX,

everything else is same :)

thanks

regards

sumith

post-44195-093959300 1290674817_thumb.jp

post-44195-075995100 1290674871_thumb.jp

Edited by Sumiya

here is some pics taken but not recently, i have painted front grill in black now

recently.mine of course body condition is not much good now need for another paint job soon

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi Summiya,

Looks like you forgot to attach the pictures of your ride. Just was curious to see

Cheers :)

Hi Rameez

thanks

regards

sumith

sumiya machang,

i cannot see any photos is the link bad :unsure: