• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Apple Iphone 4

hakjay

Any members using the iphone 4 in Sri Lanka. I understand it has some issues with the reception and only way to get good signal is to use a plastic case. I donot like to use a case/cover. Let me know what youe thoughts on this phone. I am using SE Xperia X1i and want to go for the iphone 4.

Why don't you just stick the the Xperia line?

As far as the iphone goes the signal drop is only an issue if in areas where the signal strength is low. I don't know about compatibility with networks in SL however.

Disclaimer : I am firmly anti Apple and an Android user. I think Apple is just way to restrictive. From the 70s when they started.

Why don't you just stick the the Xperia line?

As far as the iphone goes the signal drop is only an issue if in areas where the signal strength is low. I don't know about compatibility with networks in SL however.

Disclaimer : I am firmly anti Apple and an Android user. I think Apple is just way to restrictive. From the 70s when they started.

Agree, Android is way to go, im running both Win Mobile 6.5 and Android Froyo in my HTC, Android Rocks, Apple sucks

77139_1550358813239_1663193409_1309749_4739615_n.jpg

71715_1550362013319_1663193409_1309758_5651115_n.jpg

148644_1550369133497_1663193409_1309775_8203394_n.jpg

Agree, Android is way to go, im running both Win Mobile 6.5 and Android Froyo in my HTC, Android Rocks, Apple sucks

I'm still on WM 6.5, next phone probably Android, but may give Windows 7 a look-see as well; anyway, I also think Apple sucks, but they did steal a march on the others when it comes to the screen resolution on the iPhone 4!

And it's hard to beat the bragging rights of having an iPhone :S

I'm still on WM 6.5, next phone probably Android, but may give Windows 7 a look-see as well; anyway, I also think Apple sucks, but they did steal a march on the others when it comes to the screen resolution on the iPhone 4!

And it's hard to beat the bragging rights of having an iPhone :S

WM 6.5 is surprisingly very stable but very less apps, also the main problem is WM6.5 docent support Flash 10, but Android supports Flash 10.1 and there is a web browser called Dolphin HD, if u want to watch any video, that browser has inbuilt video player, so its like PC, what i did was i updated the ROM and installed Android that comes for the EVO 4G, then installed an app call "Network" it allow me to run 3G/H as well, net speed is also very good, Airtel gives 1.2MB when i test with the speed test. BTW try Android, u can install it to the Memory card so anytime u can get rid of it, just give it a try and see, you will love it

Any members using the iphone 4 in Sri Lanka. I understand it has some issues with the reception and only way to get good signal is to use a plastic case. I donot like to use a case/cover. Let me know what youe thoughts on this phone. I am using SE Xperia X1i and want to go for the iphone 4.

I am using the Iphone 4, was using the 3gs and upgraded to the 4. Well, the famous signal issue- YES, its evident, when you have your palm over the left hand bottom corner the signal bars come down BUT not fully. It has not been a problem for me so far and not experienced any dropped calls at all.

In the first place i never was an Apple fan untill i got the 3gs as a gift, and just fell in love with it. I guess thats why apple products are so populat, it just teases you to use it and once you do, you are hooked on to it. 3gs was a great phone but battery was bad. Iphone 4- leave aside the signal issue, its another great phone. There is no other phone which comes close to the touch interface. As for telephony and messaging- never had an issue(so far). Browsing, simply great, except for the fact that it doesnt support flash sites.

Best part- the apps- its such an entertaining phone and once you load your favourite apps- especially games it just takes the phone to another level. Battery too is much better than the 3gs.

Would i recomend you to buy one??? Yes i would. Good luck!

WM 6.5 is surprisingly very stable but very less apps, also the main problem is WM6.5 docent support Flash 10, but Android supports Flash 10.1 and there is a web browser called Dolphin HD, if u want to watch any video, that browser has inbuilt video player, so its like PC, what i did was i updated the ROM and installed Android that comes for the EVO 4G, then installed an app call "Network" it allow me to run 3G/H as well, net speed is also very good, Airtel gives 1.2MB when i test with the speed test. BTW try Android, u can install it to the Memory card so anytime u can get rid of it, just give it a try and see, you will love it

I think there is a flash capable browser for 6.5 (Sky Fire?) but in any case it's not a big concern for me :)

Where did you find the android build that can boot off the memory card? I actually have a Acer S200 so I'm doubtful if something cooked for HTC would work on mine anyway...

I think there is a flash capable browser for 6.5 (Sky Fire?) but in any case it's not a big concern for me :)

Where did you find the android build that can boot off the memory card? I actually have a Acer S200 so I'm doubtful if something cooked for HTC would work on mine anyway...

since the HD2 and EVO4G have the same specs xda developers have few Android versions that can install to phone memory card, check the site and u might able to find one that suits your phone, btw now they working on installing win 7 for HD2

Hi, I am on Android. It s a Galaxy S (probably the best phone in the market now). Still no froyo for me but waiting for Samsung to release it again. 16 GB internal memory is a great asset and the 4 inch Super Amoled screen is a one of the best features in the phone. The speed and the reaction time of the phone is amazing. I hv handled iphone 4 also (only apps), seems to be a cool and a hardy phone.

If I was give the option of choosing from these 2 phones (for free)I would definitly go for the Galaxy S. bcos it is the superior phone of the 2 in most of the aspects.

For me it is the best option at the current market prices in SL. Read the reviews and check the specs in gsmareana and other sites.

Hi, I am on Android. It s a Galaxy S (probably the best phone in the market now). Still no froyo for me but waiting for Samsung to release it again. 16 GB internal memory is a great asset and the 4 inch Super Amoled screen is a one of the best features in the phone. The speed and the reaction time of the phone is amazing. I hv handled iphone 4 also (only apps), seems to be a cool and a hardy phone.

If I was give the option of choosing from these 2 phones (for free)I would definitly go for the Galaxy S. bcos it is the superior phone of the 2 in most of the aspects.

For me it is the best option at the current market prices in SL. Read the reviews and check the specs in gsmareana and other sites.

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is a very good phone but HTC Desire HD is a better phone, better cam, sounds, class 32 GPRS, HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps and 4.3 inches display

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is a very good phone but HTC Desire HD is a better phone, better cam, sounds, class 32 GPRS, HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps and 4.3 inches display

Desire HD seems to be a very good model. They seems to have bridged most of the gaps it initially had with the Galaxy S. The camera and data classes are impressive. I am not too sure of the sounds though cos I have read few reviews claiming the audio play back is not as good as expected. Battery life is also a concern Disires (both) haven't had answers for yet

But again HTC's new LCD screen hasn't lived up to its expectations and to the standared of the Super AMOLED. Even with the 4.3 inch screen I do not knw if Desire screen will match the screen of Galaxy S.

On the plus side as GihanFX has mentioned it has to be the biggest screen, the fastest processor, the latest software on the block.

Apart from the above, the pricing of HTC in SL is a concern compaired to Galaxy S.

Would like to know any 1st hand comments

Desire HD seems to be a very good model. They seems to have bridged most of the gaps it initially had with the Galaxy S. The camera and data classes are impressive. I am not too sure of the sounds though cos I have read few reviews claiming the audio play back is not as good as expected. Battery life is also a concern Disires (both) haven't had answers for yet

But again HTC's new LCD screen hasn't lived up to its expectations and to the standared of the Super AMOLED. Even with the 4.3 inch screen I do not knw if Desire screen will match the screen of Galaxy S.

On the plus side as GihanFX has mentioned it has to be the biggest screen, the fastest processor, the latest software on the block.

Apart from the above, the pricing of HTC in SL is a concern compaired to Galaxy S.

Would like to know any 1st hand comments

true, from HD2-EVO4G-DesireHD hardware are more the same, screen is a fingerprint magnet and the quality is not up to Super AMOLED standards, btw u also can upgrade from Android 2.1 to 2.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665

I hv handled iphone 4 also (only apps), seems to be a cool and a hardy phone.

I'm gonna disagree on the hardy part. from what I've read, its not. I wouldn't expect it to be a problem I guess most people will be very careful with something they paid so much money for, but its not gonna come upto even the old Nokia 3310 standards when it comes to hardy.

I am using the Iphone 4, was using the 3gs and upgraded to the 4. Well, the famous signal issue- YES, its evident, when you have your palm over the left hand bottom corner the signal bars come down BUT not fully. It has not been a problem for me so far and not experienced any dropped calls at all.

In the first place i never was an Apple fan untill i got the 3gs as a gift, and just fell in love with it. I guess thats why apple products are so populat, it just teases you to use it and once you do, you are hooked on to it. 3gs was a great phone but battery was bad. Iphone 4- leave aside the signal issue, its another great phone. There is no other phone which comes close to the touch interface. As for telephony and messaging- never had an issue(so far). Browsing, simply great, except for the fact that it doesnt support flash sites.

Best part- the apps- its such an entertaining phone and once you load your favourite apps- especially games it just takes the phone to another level. Battery too is much better than the 3gs.

Would i recomend you to buy one??? Yes i would. Good luck!

Thanks mate. Going thru the comparisson in GSMarena between the samsung and I4. What is ment by 20 apps? Is it that there are 20 apps built in and you have to buy the rest?

Thanks mate. Going thru the comparisson in GSMarena between the samsung and I4. What is ment by 20 apps? Is it that there are 20 apps built in and you have to buy the rest?

20 apps are the built in apps. In the android market most of the apps are free. You need a google account to log in to the "Android Market". I am not very sure of the apple mechanism. I think you can search it on internet.

We still cannot download payed apps from the market in Sri Lanka yet. But I download most of my apps via torrents. PM me if you want further details.

20 apps are the built in apps. In the android market most of the apps are free. You need a google account to log in to the "Android Market". I am not very sure of the apple mechanism. I think you can search it on internet.

We still cannot download payed apps from the market in Sri Lanka yet. But I download most of my apps via torrents. PM me if you want further details.

After Jail-Breaking the Iphone you can download apps for free using a software called Cydia. They have pretty much anything and everything.

If not you can have the pleasure of paying for your apps through App store. You get stuff free too.

Ive used the 2nd gen and currently a 3rd Gen. Both were unlocked and Jailbroken. I am not a AT&T customer. If I had enough dough I would go for the fourth.

After Jail-Breaking the Iphone you can download apps for free using a software called Cydia. They have pretty much anything and everything.

If not you can have the pleasure of paying for your apps through App store. You get stuff free too.

Ive used the 2nd gen and currently a 3rd Gen. Both were unlocked and Jailbroken. I am not a AT&T customer. If I had enough dough I would go for the fourth.

Yep after jailbreaking(mine is) the possibilities are endless. I even have an app which enables me to download all PAID apps for free. I am not much of an expert on the software thingys, just that i have a very good contact in Colombo who is quite an expert in fixing iphone related problems and software upgrades.

PM if you require the contact details.

Yep after jailbreaking(mine is) the possibilities are endless. I even have an app which enables me to download all PAID apps for free. I am not much of an expert on the software thingys, just that i have a very good contact in Colombo who is quite an expert in fixing iphone related problems and software upgrades.

PM if you require the contact details.

Hey thanks mate, but im not in SL but if I do require some help in the future i'll keep it in mind.

Just a general fact, as for now in the US an Iphone 4 costs about $600-700. The worst part is you cant buy it over the counter, it requires a 2 year contract with AT&T. But there are plenty of people who sign the contract, get the phone and sell it at a slight premium. Still the phone would be locked for AT&T.

What is the market price like for an Iphone 4 in SL?

Hey thanks mate, but im not in SL but if I do require some help in the future i'll keep it in mind.

Just a general fact, as for now in the US an Iphone 4 costs about $600-700. The worst part is you cant buy it over the counter, it requires a 2 year contract with AT&T. But there are plenty of people who sign the contract, get the phone and sell it at a slight premium. Still the phone would be locked for AT&T.

What is the market price like for an Iphone 4 in SL?

The current price in the market is about SLR 140,000 - 150,000 (USD 1250 - 1340) in SL. But few of my frinds had ordered the phone from Singapore online istore and had got it delivered to a known place in Singapore and had picked it up from there. The phone comes fully unlocked and ready to be used. This method had costed them SLR 72,000 - 75,000 (USD 645-670)