• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Misses During Morining Start

Riz

Question

I have a Mini Van Honda Acty 650 cc Auto, 3 cylinder.

Problem is that the first accelaration in the morning is very difficult, engine tends to misses a lot , very low pick up. however this tendancy ges off when engine reaches the normal tempreature level. I have cleaned the sprak plugs and throttle body to no effect.

Any ideas pls

7 answers to this question

Problem is that the first accelaration in the morning is very difficult, engine tends to misses a lot , very low pick up. however this tendancy ges off when engine reaches the normal tempreature level. I have cleaned the sprak plugs and throttle body to no effect.

Any ideas pls

Hi Riz

could be moister in the coil pack or distributor cap i guess

where are you parking it overnight ? could be that most probebly

thanks

regards

sumith

Tks Sumth for your reply, but i dont think overnigt parking is the issue, since parked under a shed. other thing this doenst have a distributor, the coil is conneced to the spark plug (distributorless ignition systems)

Hi RIZ

ok. Noted,

does it smoke ? specially when it is cold ?

thanks

regards

sumith

Any ideas pls

how old is your spark plugs. cleaning can only do so much. after a certain time you just have to replace them.

If you haven't replaced them recently i would start there

Any ideas pls

I'd start looking at the coolant temp sensor (One which sends the signal to the ECU ,not the one for the gauge ). If the sensor is faulty and reading high temperature all the time then your symptoms can occur .

Normally there are two sensors in most of the cars but not sure about your one .

if not then check other sensors and condition of the plug leads .

ECU setting wont change unless you mess with it , I wouldn't worry about that