• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Want Bull Bars For My Mitsubishi L200

sachintha

places like elcardo do them up. worth giving a shout to outdoorsman folks too. they do the armadillo bumpers so a bull bar shouldn't be an issue.

There's a place in sarnankara road also that had some bull bars for sale

I'm getting one done soon for my ford too :)

about the legality...i think sometime ago it was made illegal and folks were caught and fined etc.

But now if you look around, so many people are running about with them.

but you always have the chance of getting caught to a copper

places like elcardo do them up. worth giving a shout to outdoorsman folks too. they do the armadillo bumpers so a bull bar shouldn't be an issue.

about the legality...i think sometime ago it was made illegal and folks were caught and fined etc.

I guess if you are living out of Colombo and in an estate.... then bull bar is ok. If you hit a man with the bull bar the chances of survial are very slim so think b4 installing one.

Edited by hakjay

Yeah I've seen lots of people running with the bull bar and fogs fixed in colombo.I'm thinking of re-attaching the strada's one again.

In the meantime I've been running the Trooper with all them bars and fog lights around Wennappuwa for ages but haven't been copped even once,but then again the police in those areas aren't exactly strict(or bright).

Edited by MasterDon

I guess if you are living out of Colombo and in an estate.... then bull bar is ok. If you hit a man with the bull bar the chances of survial are very slim so think b4 installing one.

i drive with enough care to not hit a man at all possible chances. but it is true that you cant completely avoid an accident.

fyi most stock bumpers are already made of steel...including mine...take a look at those big tata buses and lorries, tippers etc...

all have steel bumpers and unlike with a double cab...they don't have a secondary shock absorbing zone...

ie. bonnet...

So i don't have any guilt whatsoever installing a bull bar and running in colombo and wherever i like.

It's not the bull bar that kills people...

sorry for my mistake,i want SS Bars,,I think SS bars are not illegal.

I doubt you will be able to use a canvas canopy if you opt to this. However I know them as Roller Bars.

always thought that was called a sports bar..and the roller bar used as a substitute name for the roller cage. either way canopy shouldbt be a prob might just be a hassle.

• 1 year later...

Didn't want to clutter the forum with another post,

whats the actual legislation with these bullbars and A bars are they legal now? or should they be padded to be legal as in the some countries??

toyota_hilux12b.jpg

hilux-a-bar.jpg

Was planning for the above setup + a pair of lamps

---------------------------------------

CORRECTION

Did go through these

http://www.autolanka...w-in-sri-lanka/

http://www.autolanka...-still-illigal/

http://www.autolanka...whos-in-charge/

--------------------------------------

http://www.police.lk/index.php/traffic-police/55

Question 10-

looks like trouble,

Edited by tiv

Didn't want to clutter the forum with another post,

whats the actual legislation with these bullbars and A bars are they legal now? or should they be padded to be legal as in the some countries??

toyota_hilux12b.jpg

hilux-a-bar.jpg

Was planning for the above setup + a pair of lamps

---------------------------------------

CORRECTION

Did go through these

looks like trouble,

technically, bullbars are illegal. but there are plenty folks running around with them on. Suppose it's just your bad luck to get copped for having em on. As you know, cops here tend to be "seasonal" :)

All f a sudden they will book the tinted chaps, then the fart barrels etc etc.

Bullbars haven't been in vogue recently but if you have one on, meet with an accident and things dont go too well, you'd be screwed due to legality issues.

I almost bought a bullbar on two ocassions :) managed to take control and not buy one :D

Funny enough, steel bumpers are legit.... although a more expensive, heavy choice...they will hold on heavy lights, winches etc a lot better.

I too run two hella rallye 2000's on my stock bumper. recently had to reinforce it cos the weight of the lights was too much for the relatively thin stock bumper.

technically, bullbars are illegal. but there are plenty folks running around with them on. Suppose it's just your bad luck to get copped for having em on. As you know, cops here tend to be "seasonal" :)

All f a sudden they will book the tinted chaps, then the fart barrels etc etc.

Bullbars haven't been in vogue recently but if you have one on, meet with an accident and things dont go too well, you'd be screwed due to legality issues.

I almost bought a bullbar on two ocassions :) managed to take control and not buy one :D

Funny enough, steel bumpers are legit.... although a more expensive, heavy choice...they will hold on heavy lights, winches etc a lot better.

I too run two hella rallye 2000's on my stock bumper. recently had to reinforce it cos the weight of the lights was too much for the relatively thin stock bumper.

Yea, my buffers are polyurethane, that's why i can't simply drill and mount two lamps onto em... guess i'll have to stick to the stock ones or upgrade the whole buffer..

Edited by tiv

Yea, my buffers are polyurethane, that's why i can't simply drill and mount two lamps onto em... guess i'll have to stick to the stock ones or upgrade the whole buffer..

you might be able to setup a bracing system underneath the stock buffer to take on the weight of the lights.

The newer ABS/plastic lights tend to be lighter any case. I have the old school ones...tips the scale around 5kd per light...

• 8 years later...
On 11/4/2010 at 10:12 PM, Killer-B said:

FYI - You might run into trouble with the cops with your "BULL BARS"

It actually depends. There is a Stock TRD Hilux N70 that comes with Steel side steps, Bullbar, snorkel, KYB shocks, Ralli lift and total offroad capabilities. It's a very rare model and a few are in Sri Lanka but I had a friend and when he got caught by the cops they had to let him go as it wasn't an aftermarket bullbar. Was the stock one 😂😂🤣🤣

• 10 months later...