• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Indicator Lights

jami

Question

18 answers to this question

If it goes off after you start the engine its pretty normal, didn't you notice it all this time mate? :rolleyes:

yep it goes off when the engine stat on, i thought it should appear in red color rather than in yellow.

If it goes off after you start the engine its pretty normal, didn't you notice it all this time mate? :rolleyes:

yep it goes off when the engine stat on, i thought it should appear in red color rather than in yellow.

Jami,

No Indicator lights will change color.

Indicator lights are there to indicate that particular unit is working correctly.There are two indicator Lights.

One is for Alternator if Alternator is working OK whenever you start engine indicator light will go off. Next one is for your Engine oil pressure.If Oil pressure is OK that indicator light also go off.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Jami,

Indicator lights are there to indicate that particular unit is working correctly.There are two indicator Lights.

One is for Alternator if Alternator is working OK whenever you start engine indicator light will go off. Next one is for your Engine oil pressure.If Oil pressure is OK that indicator light also go off.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks

If it turn Red, then you are in serious trouble...

no it is not turn red it appear in yellow and goes off when engine start, but other indicator lights appear in red and also goes off when the engine start.

Red lights indicate that you should not move the vehicle as it indicates high safety risks, or damage to the vehicle, Orange lights that light up would indicate caution and should be able to let you limp home...._ At the start - all lights would come on and go off to indicate the systems are working ...if they don't go off you have a problem...

Red lights indicate that you should not move the vehicle as it indicates high safety risks, or damage to the vehicle, Orange lights that light up would indicate caution and should be able to let you limp home...._ At the start - all lights would come on and go off to indicate the systems are working ...if they don't go off you have a problem...

Thumbs up for a short and sweet answer.

Correction to Sylvi's statement: the indicators dont come on when everything is working well, it comes on when something's wrong! Pls dont go spreading false information like this!

It's threads like these, where people can't understand simple concepts, that make me loose faith in humanity. The reason why those lights come on when your key is in the on position is so that you know that critical indicator lights are working, they go off when you start the car because you don't have a problem and when you do they will turn back on. Is this concept so hard for people to figure out? If the lights didn't turn on in the 'on' position then you would have no way of knowing whether the b ulbs are burnt or not.

It's threads like these, where people can't understand simple concepts, that make me loose faith in humanity. The reason why those lights come on when your key is in the on position is so that you know that critical indicator lights are working, they go off when you start the car because you don't have a problem and when you do they will turn back on. Is this concept so hard for people to figure out? If the lights didn't turn on in the 'on' position then you would have no way of knowing whether the b ulbs are burnt or not.

I don’t think this is simple concepts... bcz if you fail to understand the indicator light signal certainly there is a damage to your vehicle.

I just want to know, why the engine indicator lights appear in yellow and others are appear in red???

I don’t think this is simple concepts... bcz if you fail to understand the indicator light signal certainly there is a damage to your vehicle.

huh? I wasn't saying that there wouldn't be damage to your car if the indicator libght turns on. I was saying that the reason for them turning on before you start the car is so you know that the lights are functioning. If you didn't know this and the lights were n ot functioning, when the times comes you would not know that you have a problem until it's too late.

Jami,

just wrong. In fact there are indicator lights which change color to indicate different conditions. Simplest example I can quote is Glow indicator of Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero. During heating up it lit in amber color and changes to green once pre-heating is done.

just wrong. In fact there are indicator lights which change color to indicate different conditions. Simplest example I can quote is Glow indicator of Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero. During heating up it lit in amber color and changes to green once pre-heating is done.

'harshansenadhir,

You are correct on Diesel powered Engines they have heater indicator for quick start. Please note I wrote about Gasoline (Petrol) powered engine cars not on Diesel powered cars.

Sylvi Wijesighe.

harshansenadhir,

I think Jami spoke of a Gasoline driven engine car I replayed thinking of that. You are sighting Diesel driven engine Vehicles.

The system on Diesel and Gasoline is different you have to have heater for Diesel Engines.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

harshansenadhir,

I think Jami spoke of a Gasoline driven engine car I replayed thinking of that. You are sighting Diesel driven engine Vehicles.

The system on Diesel and Gasoline is different you have to have heater for Diesel Engines.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

not intending to take this any further on OT. I was replying in general context there are indicator lights which changes color and comes in different colors depending on the severity, only quoted an example. Jeez

I just want to know, why the engine indicator lights appear in yellow and others are appear in red???

Jami - I thought my explanation was clear - The Lights that are in Amber are an indication that you can move your vehicle for a short distance and need to get it checked ASAP...For the lights that turn on RED - It means - Do not move the vehicle, There is a safety risk or you could damage your vehicle and its at this point that you need to action on..Hope its clear !