• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Micro Car Models

Le Sabre

Just checked out the microcars website and they seem to have added some new pickup,busses and hatchback models.

Are they going to replace the Micro Trend anytime soon.

Any info on the srilankan designed model that micro said it would produce.

Would be nice to see a locally designed model manufactured.

it is very sad that a vast majority of sri lankan businesses don't see the long term suceess of a business. we have a culture of sucking the blood out of the customer and then soon loose all the business and go bust. start a new different business and do the same over and over again. i see so many vendors increase price and reduce quality both at the same time even when neither prices of material nor labor goes up. i think the biggest reasons for this is lack of implementation of consumer protection laws and the absence of cosumer protection groups. i hope there will at least be a web site dedicated to talking about consumer protection in Sri Lanka.

Incidently, two of our hotels bought vans ( Hi-ace shape ) from Micro and both of em were back at the factory a month after

purchase, cause the AC packed up, the speedo meter got stuck, fuel gauge got stuck etc etc.......

Furthermore, the staff have told me that its most uncomfortable thing they've travelled in.

It also sound more like a big truck than a van :rolleyes:

i think the only vehicles even worth considering are the rexton and kyron. U can atleast import these parts personally.

These two cars are of a different class IMO. I think micro is only available in Sri Lanka.

• 1 year later...

Why in the world is Micro collaborating with multiple manufacturers. They should collaborate with one, gain the knowledge and expertise and over time produce more and more of the components locally until they are ready to go solo.

Here is the irony. Perouda can't produce enough Viva's to satisfy Sri Lankan customers. Just immagine if Micro operation was at the same level as Perouda and they collaborated with a well known respected manufacturer. Quite frankly Perouda will not have a market in Sri Lanka.

Guys,

Have anyone got an idea about degree of local manufacturing contribution for the ssangyong SUVs by Micro. Do they imports different body panels of rexton, kyron like suvs and assemble here or import the complete vehicle and locally source seats and other minor additions?

I heard that Ideal motors sell Rexton and korando under the brand name ssangyong "not Micro"

Guys,

Have anyone got an idea about degree of local manufacturing contribution for the ssangyong SUVs by Micro. Do they imports different body panels of rexton, kyron like suvs and assemble here or import the complete vehicle and locally source seats and other minor additions?

I heard that Ideal motors sell Rexton and korando under the brand name ssangyong "not Micro"

I think they come as complete knock down kits. I'm not sure if Micro has body presses or whether they have the templates from SSangyong to do that either. I did hear that they manufactured the seats locally.

Now micro is not doing anything to develop its own designed car with their technology in Sri lanka....

wht they simply do is assemble a vehicle and selling it with doing minor changes.....

nw it is time that they should have their own design and come up with a good vehicle.....

I'm sure if Unimo start assemble Viva in SL micro will loose their market share.....Also like to point out Viva's Best export market is Sir Lanka....

Girls and boys, the world doesn't operate like this.......the reason Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia all have genuine car manufacturing operations is that Governments made the decision that they wanted such manufacture as a significant part of their national economies. Policy, legislation, support was then put into place in those countries that sought and nurtured car manufacturing activities. SL is currently in about the same car maufacturing state as it was in the very late 70s with the Upali Fiat ventures. Please don't take this as a criticism, it simply reflects that car manufacturing is not today seen as being important to the national endeavours and national accounts. There are other countries, such as New Zealand, that have exactly the same view of the importance of car manufacture to their economies.

Girls and boys, the world doesn't operate like this.......the reason Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia all have genuine car manufacturing operations is that Governments made the decision that they wanted such manufacture as a significant part of their national economies. Policy, legislation, support was then put into place in those countries that sought and nurtured car manufacturing activities. SL is currently in about the same car maufacturing state as it was in the very late 70s with the Upali Fiat ventures. Please don't take this as a criticism, it simply reflects that car manufacturing is not today seen as being important to the national endeavours and national accounts. There are other countries, such as New Zealand, that have exactly the same view of the importance of car manufacture to their economies.

There is a little difference between Malaysia Thailand etc in the fact that they have bigger domestic markets than us and until recently due to affordability there wasn't a big market for brand new vehicles in Sri Lanka.

There is a strange irony in the rumour I heard that the ruling family owns a low of Micro :) And current tax policies also favour the Micro over imported vehicles. But they cannot capitalise as much as they could due to poor service.