• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lcd Tv Repaire Cost

hakjay

My LG 32" LCD went out of order due to lightning and ABANS quoted me 123000Rs for the repair and if i don't wish to repair they need me to pay 3000 Rs for the fault finding and remove the stuff. I just left the set with them since the brand new one was at that time only 99000 Rs.

I never go for LG again because of ABANS.

Edited by jaga

My LG 32" LCD went out of order due to lightning and ABANS quoted me 123000Rs for the repair and if i don't wish to repair they need me to pay 3000 Rs for the fault finding and remove the stuff. I just left the set with them since the brand new one was at that time only 99000 Rs.

I never go for LG because of ABANS.

I never go for LG again because of ABANS.

personally not a fan of Abans myself... Did they give you a date by which you should collect it? If not let them keep it and go there in a few months and if they've disposed of it or lost in some far corner of storage, ask them for a replacement :D

personally not a fan of Abans myself... Did they give you a date by which you should collect it? If not let them keep it and go there in a few months and if they've disposed of it or lost in some far corner of storage, ask them for a replacement :D

the repaire cost for CRT would never exceed 15K. I wonder is it worth buying LCD's. Guess you better get ready to spend or keep it as an ornament after warranty :D

I never go for LG because of ABANS.

Had a similar issue with a CRT Panasonic TV at abans. It busted after lightning and they wanted something like 15k for the repair! They have to bring down a part from Singapore and blah blah blah. Got it repaired at a place called t*l*cav* for only 6k. That was about 2 years ago, no issues todate.

I'm a Samsung fan when it comes to LCD's.

BTW recently I was throughly impressed by a shop at unity plaza who replaced my 26" monitor then and there with a brand new one when it had a power supply issue.I was expecting the usual customer service horrors people experience at unity plaza,but not to be.

There has been some weirdly un-automobile related threads on autoLanka, and this one is right up there.

Of course, the correct place for such content is The Lounge, not News and Updates. Sigh.

yeah!

Maybe it cos AL is the only place among the SL websites that you can expect a good civilised feedback without all the BS,as other sites are full of retards and dumbasses.ofcourse after the tax cut some of them has come here unfortunately.

For LCD's there is no better combo than Siedles and Sony. Owned Sony's since black & white days- and never had a problem with product or service

100% agreed. I have been to siedles for some other tv repair and they gave me excellent service.I bought a SONY lcd merely because of it.

BTW recently I was throughly impressed by a shop at unity plaza who replaced my 26" monitor then and there with a brand new one when it had a power supply issue.I was expecting the usual customer service horrors people experience at unity plaza,but not to be.

yeah!

Maybe it cos AL is the only place among the SL websites that you can expect a good civilised feedback without all the BS,as other sites are full of retards and dumbasses.ofcourse after the tax cut some of them has come here unfortunately.

Can I please know which shop so I can consider it when I go to unity plaza next time

Techzone...them and barclays has the best customer service in my experience,by unity plaza standards that is. :)

ya second it :)

have lots of experiences with unity shops and 1 shop took 3 and half months to replace my flash drive..

Tell me about it.......I've had plenty of experience with their so called customer service, and always tell everyone that its not the place to go. Shame given that LG is such a good brand.

In fact a friend who used to work there told me that I should never buy items that are 'On Sale' as they take in stuff that they tell the customer is un repairable and then service / repair it and re sell it as a 'Sale' item. What a bunch of crooks. :angry:

I'm surprise people still go there anyway, the way customers are treated at their stores.

From my experience, Singer gives a far superior service, and from recent experience so does Softlogic.

Samsung as a whole is pretty good I would say.....I've had a conventional 'Flat Screen' samsung TV for the last 4 years and have been very happy with it.

In fact we bought a LCD as well which so far seems ok :)

Bit of OT.

Heard local TV broadcasts will be converted to DVB-T in future. What current LCD models support this? I'm hoping to buy one soon and want to be future proof at least for five years :)

According to the following site:

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/sri_lanka/

The plan is to launch it 2015. With my limited knowledge on the subject DVB-T runs on UHF and VHF so it should no be a problem. Either way with the rate of development in TV's in the last 5 years- people will anyway be looking at upgrading their TV's more frequently than in the past, especially with blueray becoming more and more affordable..

According to the following site:

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/sri_lanka/

The plan is to launch it 2015. With my limited knowledge on the subject DVB-T runs on UHF and VHF so it should no be a problem. Either way with the rate of development in TV's in the last 5 years- people will anyway be looking at upgrading their TV's more frequently than in the past, especially with blueray becoming more and more affordable..

Thanks mate. Correct me if I am wrong but as of what I heard, if the TV doesn't inherently support DVB-T, you need a DAC box in between. I want a TV which can be directly fed with the digital signal.

i have decided to buy another TV from singer (not the brand but vendor). would any of you be able to suggest me what is the best tv (brand/model/nature) to buy in terms of durability, picture quality and future proofness? i'd like to keep the budget around 150K.

Thanks mate. Correct me if I am wrong but as of what I heard, if the TV doesn't inherently support DVB-T, you need a DAC box in between. I want a TV which can be directly fed with the digital signal.

no probs.. but yeah you may have a point there:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/09/03/sony-first-bravia-hdtv-with-built-in-triple-dvb-s2-dvb-t-and-dvb-c-tuners/

I'm Sony biased- needless to say :)

• 2 months later...

I fully agree with all the comments about Abans bad service. I bought from Abans, a Direct Drive Washing Machine WDC 12330 for over 100,000 in November 2009 and it stopped working in the 13th month, just after the warranty ended. The service guys came and removed a part and said they will let me know within 2 days as to the cost of repairs. They kept the part with them with no advice on the fate of the part. When I called over at their Dehiwela Centre they were annoyed saying its busy times. The receptionist was rude and refused to give me the telephone no of their Head office or their Service Director. Finally when I phoned the Service Director, someone called All** Raf**, only his secretary answered on every occasion. The director was too busy to talk to a customer who spent 100,000 to buy his product. Finally I opted to ask for a new part which they said would cost 24,000 and they will get it down from Korea and fix in 3 weeks. I paid the money on 17 Dec and left for my job overseas. Thereafter I got a threatening letter that they are unable to repair the part and they will dispose of the part if no action is taken to remove it. My father had to call them and tell them that we have already paid for replacement of the part and awaiting installation of the new part. Despite this advice I got more of the same type of letters asking me to remove the part. Whenever they are called and told about the payment made to replace the part, they indicate that they were NOT told by their accounts unit that money was paid for replacement and that is hwy they sent the threatening letter. It is now a month since I paid and I dont see any signs that the machine would be fixed. LG is a good brand but Abans have lost their sense of direction. They DONT care for their customers. I have experienced a superior level of service at Siedles (TV), Softlogic (airconditioners),Sinhagiri (MicroWave) and Singer(refrigerator)-despite some of these being purchased overseas. I will NEVER again buy ANYTHING from Abans.