• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Your Favorite Motorcycle?

blkr6

i am a hardcore motorcycle guy. i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine. a car could never replace that feeling, not even a convertible in my opinion. i would love to know what type of motorcycles/scooters you guys own? what type? (standard,trail, racing, etc), if you don't have a motorcycle what kind of motorcycle you love/dream to have?

one day i wish we could see Harley's and big metric cruisers in our roads. i hate these crappy 250cc laws!

Got two with me...

My first bike from the teens...Honda yom 89 MTX 200R 2stroker

Then i bought my first thumper...yom 96 Honda XR 250

wish we can own bikes bigger than the 250cc's

would have loved to have an XR 400

If i were to have a street bike it would definitely be a italian :)

Aprilia, Ducatti...sigh....so much to choose from

I never owned a motor bike in my life but i have loads of fond memories with my dad's Honda CD 200 which he owned about 20+ years ago. I never got a chance to ride that but it was great whenever he took me for a ride on that.

The bike had plenty of chrome on it with a classical look which made it very eye catching. it also had this special buzzing noise which most of the other bikes did not have. It was rather heavy and stable. Therefore even with the 4 members of our family on borad, my dad did not had much difficulty in maneuvering it. I was the smallest (around 5 years) and always had the place on top of the petrol tank reserved for me. Therefore i always had the luxury of viewing the 180 degree view and experiencing the in flowing cool breeze while my elder sister who had to sit between mom and dad had plenty of complaints with that :D

Those were the days when Japanese motor bikes ruled SL roads and the CD 125 and CD 200 were rather popular in SL those days.

That was a great bike!! and i loved it !! :action-smiley-035:

I have a couple of HC Sports bikes,A Kawasaki and a Yamaha.along with the un-restored Norton Manx and an Indian my dad has....oh! and the Supercub ofcourse. :D

i am a hardcore motorcycle guy. i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine. a car could never replace that feeling, not even a convertible in my opinion...

:huh: LOL...Why are you comparing bikes and convertibles?...appeles and oranges dude!

Great nice to see a couple of guyz with the same attitude :)

Have ridden many mates bikes back in the days in SL along with my dads bikes particularly a YOM 1986 Suzuki 125 but if I wanna mention the ones I owned.

Owned in SL

Hero Honda CBZ 150

Owned in Aus

Yamaha Virago 250

Honda CBR RR

Current

Yamaha YZF R6

Never been much dirt biking or owned one but will love to do so minus the broken bones :lol:. Never seen tracks too and I'm a bit scared when it comes to tracks. Wouldn't mind owning a Ducati 1098 at some stage. Never been or ridden any European bikes so can't comment much on them.

@ Ripper nice taste i love the styling of the new RSV4

@ LashNEo i hope one day you could experience motorcycles

@ masterdon nice collection of classics, my favorite are the Indians. lol convertibles are next closest thing that can come to a motorcycle. but u r right its not comparable.

@ chooti putha i rode a cbr 1k few days ago love the top end speed and wheelies.

@ skyline biker attitudes makes the best biker gangs. nice to see a R6 brother. my favorite motorcycle of all time.

motorcycles give me a boners, i love them, they are my life. i love heavy cruisers, sportbikes and any thing classic.

my Dad and my brother loves motorcycles too. currently i have 05 Yamaha R6, my brother has a 06 Ninja 636, and my dad has a Honda VTX1800. we have few more project motorcycles that we are working on. me and my brother building a 04 Ninja 636 for next years race track. i am building a cafe' racer out of a 1974 honda cb550. im currently reside in the U.S and i have plans to move back to SL and i love to bring fathers big honda if possible.

Road bike Honda CBR1000RR 2006/2007

Supermoto Bike Yamaha WRF426

Trail Bike Honda CRF

Sports Tourer Honda CBR600F4

how do you like the WRF? im trying to get a WRF to keep up with the new supermoto trend.

i believe there is nothing like riding on two wheels enjoying the open road and the beautiful sound from the engine.

Yeah... like someone once said.. Everything is fine when you're on an open road doing 90 mp/h until you suddenly see a dog cross the road in front of you. :lol: an "OH SH*T" moment.. :P

Yeah... like someone once said.. Everything is fine when you're on an open road doing 90 mp/h until you suddenly see a dog cross the road in front of you. :lol: an "OH SH*T" moment.. :P

Hi Guys

Yes Indeed wheels are bit Dangerous , once i met smiler accident then after i am not allowed to use them as my parents don't allow

I had these kinda bikes :)

CB125 JX

Yamaha XT125

CBR 250

i got CB125JX in my junk yard yet no others

thanks

regards

sumith

I never owned a motor bike in my life but i have loads of fond memories with my dad's Honda CD 200 which he owned about 20+ years ago. I never got a chance to ride that but it was great whenever he took me for a ride on that.

The bike had plenty of chrome on it with a classical look which made it very eye catching. it also had this special buzzing noise which most of the other bikes did not have. It was rather heavy and stable. Therefore even with the 4 members of our family on borad, my dad did not had much difficulty in maneuvering it. I was the smallest (around 5 years) and always had the place on top of the petrol tank reserved for me. Therefore i always had the luxury of viewing the 180 degree view and experiencing the in flowing cool breeze while my elder sister who had to sit between mom and dad had plenty of complaints with that :D

Those were the days when Japanese motor bikes ruled SL roads and the CD 125 and CD 200 were rather popular in SL those days.

That was a great bike!! and i loved it !! :action-smiley-035:

there's still no bike that could beat that sound of a CD200. I share the same experience my Dad had one too, way back he got it brand smacking new out of the box. never got to ride it though as I was also about the same age. but we didnt use it much only occasionally we took the bike.

Never actually owned a bike other than a Vespa Scooter. I have ridden a few of my friends bikes like.

HONDA CBR 250

Suzuki Bandit 250

and a Kawasaki Cruise kind of bike 400cc which Ananda (Wedisinghe) let me ride once.

Answer is a CBR....!!! allways

I had a plate saying - CARS not interested Bcz I cdn't Fly without a CBR..!! :D

I had this hanging on the tail of my cbr's ..

My First Love was a Yamaha DT 50,Little mean monster,That's before i get my driving license even...:)

then had few rides...but always loved the Fireblade 250, :wub:

From 1999 to 2010

-Yamaha DT 50

-Suzuki GSX R 250

-Honda CBR Fireblade 250RR

-Honda CBR Gularm 250RR (Wine Red)

-Honda CBR Triarm 400R

-Honda VFR 400R

-Honda CBR Gularm 250RR (Black)

-Suzuki Bandit V 250R

for 2 years i haven't wear my riding boots..... :action-smiley-012:

i have been in the hospital quite a few times. i have rebuild my R6 from the frame up. few months ago my friend hit a truck. broke both his shoulders, color-bone, fractured hip/back, compressed one of the notches in his spinal cord, and broke one of his leg bones into few pieces. he is gonna be in the wheel chair for few months but after that he will be back on motorcycles.

@ sumiya you can always hide your bike at your friends house. parents don't need to know. lol,

@ aarkangel vfr400 is a good track bike i wish i could buy one.

@ Dragster you should pimp your vespa there are lots of things you could do with them.

pic is me and my flat black raven r6

post-46347-058092700 1288629381_thumb.jp

@ sumiya you can always hide your bike at your friends house. parents don't need to know. lol,

@ aarkangel vfr400 is a good track bike i wish i could buy one.

@ Dragster you should pimp your vespa there are lots of things you could do with them.

pic is me and my flat black raven r6

yeah...it ws a powerful machine...but never hit d tracks mann...it stands out frm d crowd wit its single swing arm... :angry-smiley-048:

I have a couple of HC Sports bikes,A Kawasaki and a Yamaha.along with the un-restored Norton Manx and an Indian my dad has....oh! and the Supercub ofcourse. :D

Bro .. didnt know you had a Norton manx & an Indian.

Would love to see em some time :)

yeah...it ws a powerful machine...but never hit d tracks mann...it stands out frm d crowd wit its single swing arm... :angry-smiley-048:

how much do they run if i can find one for sale in sri lanka? i had a VFR v30, loved to death, cant wait to get hold of a VFR400, one of the most unique motorcycles ever made.

how do you like the WRF? im trying to get a WRF to keep up with the new supermoto trend.

The WRF is on the top when it comes to the Supermoto Events in SL....im sure theres lots of competition for it in da US but its become the preferred choice for the supermoto riders in SL

how much do they run if i can find one for sale in sri lanka? i had a VFR v30, loved to death, cant wait to get hold of a VFR400, one of the most unique motorcycles ever made.

You should be able to pick a VFR up in SL for quite cheap.....

Answer is a CBR....!!! allways

I had a plate saying - CARS not interested Bcz I cdn't Fly without a CBR..!! :D

I had this hanging on the tail of my cbr's ..

My First Love was a Yamaha DT 50,Little mean monster,That's before i get my driving license even...:)

then had few rides...but always loved the Fireblade 250, :wub:

From 1999 to 2010

-Yamaha DT 50

-Suzuki GSX R 250

-Honda CBR Fireblade 250RR

-Honda CBR Gularm 250RR (Wine Red)

-Honda CBR Triarm 400R

-Honda VFR 400R

-Honda CBR Gularm 250RR (Black)

-Suzuki Bandit V 250R

for 2 years i haven't wear my riding boots..... :action-smiley-012:

The CBR250 Gull Arm is a legend made in 1992 it still is one of the most sought after models. BTW your wine red Gull Arm was either a fireblade or else painted in SL machan....

i remember a wine red fireblade back in 2003 around dehiwela area when i was looking up for one. i ended up buying the gull arm RRL with fireblade tri color paint scheme..Didnt know about figures but i later found out the gull arm put out 3 more HP.

My garage would be complete if i had

1) CBR929RR with black and yellow paint scheme

2) CBR250RR with the black and deep red paint scheme

3) Vintage harley davidson prob from the 40`s

4) Suzuki DRZ 400

Hey

I used to ride CB 400cc super four

What a nice bike,

That is the best sound i like to hear early in the morning

I sold it out only bcos of my Wife's daily preachings.

Well u all are absolutely correct.No 4 wheeler can give the feeling of riding a large caliber well looking beauty in full blast

:jumping-smiley-013:

Bro .. didnt know you had a Norton manx & an Indian.

Would love to see em some time :)

Yup.It's the very same Manx which propelled my dad to two runners up trophies at the Katu circuit meet in '69 and in '71.I also have the Triumph Speedtwin 500 in which he won the National meet at the same venue in '71,but it's in a very sorry state now and barely recognizable as a bike. :)

Edited by MasterDon