• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Of Axio & Export Corolla

mdsjw03

Now why should we buy the Toyota? Just for the spare part availability ???????????????

i ask this coz you have replied to my post where i gave an external source reviewing an axio. so whereabout do "I" recommend that you to buy a toyota too? i don't give a jack shit whether you buy toyota or not. my personal opinion is that toyota are very boring vehicles and the only reason i chose axio for my extended family is coz of 2nd hand marketability, ease of maintenance, the stuff that are important for an extended family. i too hate axio owners for blatantly lieing about fuel consumption and i shared this sentiment before too. after using the axio for well more than a month now we know that axio does 10.X kmpl in typical colombo rush hour traffic and not more. i have many friends who have axios and the honest ones come with this same figure. all the others are either quoting false figures or their figures are simply consisted of non rush hour driving too (note that axio does well in excess of 16kmpl when running outstation with no traffic). these days i have been using our axio to go to office everyday and that car is only half the car compared to my 13 year old nissan cefiro. seats are hard, ride is nowhere as comfortable as cefiro, engine tone is so uninspiring. even my wife feels the difference and complain a lot. axio is magic and good for people who haven't ridden in anything more than a 1.5L compact econo box in the long run. so there goes what i think about axio and all those other 1.5L compact econo boxes. i'd appreciate it very much if you kindly stop associating me with toyota/axio fan club.

i ask this coz you have replied to my post where i gave an external source reviewing an axio. so whereabout do "I" recommend that you to buy a toyota too? i don't give a jack shit whether you buy toyota or not. my personal opinion is that toyota are very boring vehicles and the only reason i chose axio for my extended family is coz of 2nd hand marketability, ease of maintenance, the stuff that are important for an extended family. i too hate axio owners for blatantly lieing about fuel consumption and i shared this sentiment before too. after using the axio for well more than a month now we know that axio does 10.X kmpl in typical colombo rush hour traffic and not more. i have many friends who have axios and the honest ones come with this same figure. all the others are either quoting false figures or their figures are simply consisted of non rush hour driving too (note that axio does well in excess of 16kmpl when running outstation with no traffic). these days i have been using our axio to go to office everyday and that car is only half the car compared to my 13 year old nissan cefiro. seats are hard, ride is nowhere as comfortable as cefiro, engine tone is so uninspiring. even my wife feels the difference and complain a lot. axio is magic and good for people who haven't ridden in anything more than a 1.5L compact econo box in the long run. so there goes what i think about axio and all those other 1.5L compact econo boxes. i'd appreciate it very much if you kindly stop associating me with toyota/axio fan club.

Done associating u with toyota/axio fan club. :D

Cant blame Allion and Axio owner's they buy the cars for such high prices ALL ON LEASE and then cant afford petrol money.....

Thats why if you see a group of Toyota owners in public you can only hear them talk about fuel consumption

I saw a NZT 260 last week with rear drum brakes and thought a car that cots more than 5 mil and has rear drum brakes thats shit

[Cant blame Allion and Axio owner's they buy the cars for such high prices ALL ON LEASE and then cant afford petrol money.....]

i suppose you know this for a fact eh.

that all allions and axios are bought on leasing and then they can't afford fuel

even my wife feels the difference and complain a lot. axio is magic and good for people who haven't ridden in anything more than a 1.5L compact econo box in the long run. so there goes what i think about axio and all those other 1.5L compact econo boxes. i'd appreciate it very much if you kindly stop associating me with toyota/axio fan club.

Phew!... that's some 'speaking the heart out', mate.. I'm sure this is inspired by personal preferences than the complaints from better half... :D

Edited by seeker

FYI ...i get only 10-11 km/l from my Axio in Colombo....

that's perfectly normal my friend. this week going to office back and forth and about an hour stationary in the AC while wife is shopping i got 200km out of 2600LKR worth of fuel (extra premium). datz 9.x kmpl. ask from an honest dude and you get same stories.

in fact the export model (b/new imports) are said to be doing 8.xkmpl. axio is said to be a tad better on fuel than export model. the dependable sources out there indicate axela/export model corolla/allion are along same lines in fuel econo and axio is a bit better.

Edited by isurujosh

[Cant blame Allion and Axio owner's they buy the cars for such high prices ALL ON LEASE and then cant afford petrol money.....]

i suppose you know this for a fact eh.

that all allions and axios are bought on leasing and then they can't afford fuel

This is actually the truth. I heard similar thing from an office mate who got a 121 on lease. But according to the responses AXIO does do only 11kmpl (I think this is 95 octane) in city.

what is the fuel consumption of AXIO G grade car ? Please Share your experiences

the value averaged with data provided by users of yahoo.co.jp in japan is 14.4 km/l. this might drop little bit in sri lanka due to poor road conditions, bad driving habits, lack of maitenance, tyer coditions, and purity of fuel etc etc.

• 2 years later...
Cant blame Allion and Axio owner's they buy the cars for such high prices ALL ON LEASE and then cant afford petrol money.....

Thats why if you see a group of Toyota owners in public you can only hear them talk about fuel consumption

I saw a NZT 260 last week with rear drum brakes and thought a car that cots more than 5 mil and has rear drum brakes thats shit

even my 2004 vios has rear disck breakes

even my 2004 vios has rear disck breakes

Disc brake doesn't mean better brakes, the advantage of having disc brakes is that it doesn't build up heat like drum brakes, unless you have a heavy car or performance car I don't think you'll have heat issues with your rear drum brakes as most of the stopping power goes to the front of a car . In addition drum brakes have better stopping power than disc brakes.

Experts correct me if i'm wrong

Disc brake doesn't mean better brakes, the advantage of having disc brakes is that it doesn't build up heat like drum brakes, unless you have a heavy car or performance car I don't think you'll have heat issues with your rear drum brakes as most of the stopping power goes to the front of a car . In addition drum brakes have better stopping power than disc brakes.

Experts correct me if i'm wrong

errr??

errr??

oops I forgot to add "when dry", when they get wet disc brakes win! how ever drum brakes are cheaper. Anyway I don't think its any use having rear disc brake on a family car

Edited by Magnum