• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Demio 2008

MLR

Hi guys,

I've been looking to sell my 121 (2000 make) and go for a fuel efficient small car. It seems Mazda Demio 2008 model goes for around 3.1 mil. and it has the looks ;)

There are two versions basic - without RPM meter, no alloy which is the 3.1 mil. one I looked.

is there anyone who is using this Model, how is the vehicle in real life fuel consumption and maintainability, spare parts etc.

I know vitz & passo is the best option.. but they are ugly IMO and its just dont feel like it :) I just want to get out of toyota zone... ( but still not sure if its going to be worth it )

• Like 1

yeah thank for the tip Mash123..

But I don't seem to find any of car this model on the road...... :unsure:

Is there anyone who is using this Model, how is the vehicle in real life fuel consumption and maintainability, spare parts etc.

Why not consider the Honda fit- they got better current reviews than the Demio.. And They seem to be going for under 28 in the AL classifieds

top 10 Japanese subcompact’s for September:http://hondafitblog.com/

1. Honda Fit

2. Toyota Corolla

3. Toyota Vitz

4. Honda Freed

5. Mazda Demio

6. Nissan Tiida

7. Nissan Serena

8. Toyota Prius

9. Nissan Note

10. Toyota Passo

there are few on the roads now. a freind of mine has one . really nice ,fun to drive . we tested fuel consumption , 15km/l , no idea about spares

Mazda very recently announced a new concept of engine , which will be accomadated in Mazda Damio

for the first time ,production from first half of 2011 with 14:1 compression ratio(High lead for Gasoline

Engines) and fuel economy of 30 Km/l , without any hybrid combinations- Gasoline only.

I think other car manufacurers in Japan will follow it soon.

Edited by Rohnd

Yes , 1300 CC , 13C-V Engine . We tested for around 300km (Colombo -Negambo-Gampaha-Kaduwela areas) . Consumed only 20 liters ,90 octane

and this car was awarded as world car of the year 2008.

thats good to hear.. and I hope I'll get around 12km/l in Colombo daily driving

But I've heard from some friends that its good to use 95 octane in new models, which will improve fuel efficency and performance and also improve the life of the engine :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Why not consider the Honda fit- they got better current reviews than the Demio.. And They seem to be going for under 28 in the AL classifieds

top 10 Japanese subcompact’s for September:http://hondafitblog.com/

1. Honda Fit

2. Toyota Corolla

3. Toyota Vitz

4. Honda Freed

5. Mazda Demio

6. Nissan Tiida

7. Nissan Serena

8. Toyota Prius

9. Nissan Note

10. Toyota Passo

yes machan I'm considering both FIT & Demio...thats so far I got impressed by what is there in SL market...

I've heard there are gearbox issues in Honda models..

Anyway have got a test drive of Fit but I'm hoping to have a test drive of Demio this week to have a comparison..

And about the chart.. note that Passo has the last place in market sales... but many Sri Lankans seems to buy that ;)

• Like 1

yes machan I'm considering both FIT & Demio...thats so far I got impressed by what is there in SL market...

I've heard there are gearbox issues in Honda models..

Anyway have got a test drive of Fit but I'm hoping to have a test drive of Demio this week to have a comparison..

And about the chart.. note that Passo has the last place in market sales... but many Sri Lankans seems to buy that ;)

Gearbox issues in the new Fit? I doubt that dude.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MLR ,

go for a test drive ,compare Demio with others , it's fantastic

Hey Mash123,

you are right on !!! its a great drive.. I've tested a swift 2008 and a demio 2007. Swift has a certain lag when speeding to upper gears.

Demio drives like a charm... really nice to drive. (in fact I bought one ) B)

• 7 months later...

Hey Mash123,

you are right on !!! its a great drive.. I've tested a swift 2008 and a demio 2007. Swift has a certain lag when speeding to upper gears.

Demio drives like a charm... really nice to drive. (in fact I bought one ) B)

I also changed my wife's PASSO to a DEMIO 2007. I don't know what type of a gear box it has. How do u identify? Also tell me which intervels the gear box oil to be changed .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also changed my wife's PASSO to a DEMIO 2007. I don't know what type of a gear box it has. How do u identify? Also tell me which intervels the gear box oil to be changed .

Hi Jaga,

I have a MAZDA DEMIO 2000,F/O,Auto,White.I'm hoping to sell it and go for a new version. Do you have any idea about the market price of it?? Thanx!

Hi Jaga,

I have a MAZDA DEMIO 2000,F/O,Auto,White.I'm hoping to sell it and go for a new version. Do you have any idea about the market price of it?? Thanx!

No idea about 2000 model. I bought 2007 (New version) for 25.5 lacks and it is a registered in last march 23000 km on the clock with all the options(Auto Lights, Auto wipers etc.)

• 8 years later...

Hi guys,

I am looking to change my mazda carol 2004 to demio 2007 green color one. 2nd owner 89K km, and he says 22.75. any idea?? Is it worth? My concern is the color and it will be hard to sell again right?? Considering that, what would be the good price for both seller and myself?

12 minutes ago, Kgdilanka said:

Hi guys,

I am looking to change my mazda carol 2004 to demio 2007 green color one. 2nd owner 89K km, and he says 22.75. any idea?? Is it worth? My concern is the color and it will be hard to sell again right?? Considering that, what would be the good price for both seller and myself?

Are you referring to the Lemon Green color  one ? Simply if the car is in good shape and the same has been maintained well, I for one don't see a reason to go for it  just because it's green .

Personally Like the color and would not give 2 hoots about what others think - I'm  sure that when you want to sell, there would be someone who fancies  it - That is if you have kept her in the condition she ought to be. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Looking for a Demio for my wife. While researching these days, I heard that there's a common problem in power steering rack in demios.

Heard that it's bit expensive to replace it also. Is it true? 

Experts, please advice.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, SAB said:

Hi Guys,

Looking for a Demio for my wife. While researching these days, I heard that there's a common problem in power steering rack in demios.

Heard that it's bit expensive to replace it also. Is it true? 

Experts, please advice.

Thanks.

Depends on how the car was used and what sort of roads it was frequently driven on. It's true that the DE series Demio can develop power steering rack issues quite easily compared to other cars. The rack on my father's Demio was repaired twice, and it has been holding up quite well for a few years since it was properly repaired by Mazna. 

The trick is to repair it as soon as there is the slightest rattle or vibration in the steering. While the wear is minor, the rack can be repaired, which is not an expensive job. But if left unattended, the rack will need replacement, which is a bit of an expensive repair.

So... pay close attention to rattles and vibrations in the steering wheel while you are test driving the car. Take it on a rough road, and that will cause the rattle if the rack is worn. You will feel it through the steering if the wear is bad.

Depending on how bad it is, work out a price with the seller and have it repaired. Maintain proper tyre pressure, drive on properly paved roads as much as possible and you should be fine. 

The Demio is a great car in my experience. It has good power comparing to a 1000cc Vitz, and the fully loaded one comes with CVT, automatic AC (climate control), projector HIDs and so on. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Davy said:

Depends on how the car was used and what sort of roads it was frequently driven on. It's true that the DE series Demio can develop power steering rack issues quite easily compared to other cars. The rack on my father's Demio was repaired twice, and it has been holding up quite well for a few years since it was properly repaired by Mazna. 

The trick is to repair it as soon as there is the slightest rattle or vibration in the steering. While the wear is minor, the rack can be repaired, which is not an expensive job. But if left unattended, the rack will need replacement, which is a bit of an expensive repair.

So... pay close attention to rattles and vibrations in the steering wheel while you are test driving the car. Take it on a rough road, and that will cause the rattle if the rack is worn. You will feel it through the steering if the wear is bad.

Depending on how bad it is, work out a price with the seller and have it repaired. Maintain proper tyre pressure, drive on properly paved roads as much as possible and you should be fine. 

The Demio is a great car in my experience. It has good power comparing to a 1000cc Vitz, and the fully loaded one comes with CVT, automatic AC (climate control), projector HIDs and so on. 

Good luck! 

Thanks a lot Davy. Your advises are very helpful and  highly appreciated.  

I am thinking about buying  a 2009 Demio vs 2016 Axia / 2016 Picanto. I prefer Demio than other two options although its a lil bit older. Gave up Axia because of its Indian build up quality. I like the Picanto, but when considering the 2nd hand market in Sri Lanka, I think demio still leads.

So I made my mind to go for a Demio. Any suggestions??

Thanks.