• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

After Market Alarm Remote...

AMG

just wondering.. why do you guys want alarms in your car. do you think it will deter thieves from taking it. now in SL, when a car alarm goes off, people don't even look twice. it's like a natural noise

must agree with you there.... some alarms just go off for no reason so people dont want to make a fuss and be embarassed.. so even if its a genuine alarm people may not know it is...

once i was driving my Dad's mitsubishi jeep and turned into a lane kinda close to a Corolla and the alarm went off... i'm guessing it was for the jeep's engine vibes...

just wondering.. why do you guys want alarms in your car. do you think it will deter thieves from taking it. now in SL, when a car alarm goes off, people don't even look twice. it's like a natural noise

fuzzo...the newer alarms hav paging systems...if it goes off ur informd...i knw wat ur thinking wat if they still manage to drive off...well u now get a remote ignition kill switch...works upto a certain distance so even if u cant get to it on time u can immobilise the car...and if u dnt get there in time to do dat...contact ur insurance company n make a HUGE claim...

fuzzo...the newer alarms hav paging systems...if it goes off ur informd...i knw wat ur thinking wat if they still manage to drive off...well u now get a remote ignition kill switch...works upto a certain distance

i was thinking about hte immobiliser as well.. since it only works for a short distance. assume you car is stolen and you kill the engine. what do you do then... RUN LIKE MAD? coz the theives are probably pissed as hell and want to kill you :mellow:

i was thinking about hte immobiliser as well.. since it only works for a short distance. assume you car is stolen and you kill the engine. what do you do then... RUN LIKE MAD? coz the theives are probably pissed as hell and want to kill you :mellow:

true but if ur smart enuf u wudnt do it for the world to see...besides...wen sumthng like dat happens d thieves wud focus more on runnin like mad in the opposite direction...no time for casualties...u'd b one bad thief LOL

true but if ur smart enuf u wudnt do it for the world to see...besides...wen sumthng like dat happens d thieves wud focus more on runnin like mad in the opposite direction...no time for casualties...u'd b one bad thief LOL

hahaha!!!

good one!!!

fuzzo, car jaking doesnt seem to be your cup-of-tea :mellow:

must agree with you there.... some alarms just go off for no reason so people dont want to make a fuss and be embarassed.. so even if its a genuine alarm people may not know it is...

once i was driving my Dad's mitsubishi jeep and turned into a lane kinda close to a Corolla and the alarm went off... i'm guessing it was for the jeep's engine vibes...

ha ha.... you should take Barn's Place... I used to take that route to work.. there are some FB15's parked sometime's on the side of the road... and when I go passing all of them starts alarming.. ha ha... I think the owners noticed this and turned the alarms off :D I used to love taking that route... damn...

ha ha.... you should take Barn's Place... I used to take that route to work.. there are some FB15's parked sometime's on the side of the road... and when I go passing all of them starts alarming.. ha ha... I think the owners noticed this and turned the alarms off B) I used to love taking that route... damn...

yeah bt if ur using a good security system the owner can change the Shock Sensor levels.. and in my security system if i want to turn on the auto start i have to follow some instrustions.. ( parking )press the autostart button, get out of the car n colse the door then the engine automatically stops ... in that case i have to put the gear to nutral position n pull the handbrake.. B)

oh n lock the door...then u can start ur car anytime without having any problem bt the sad thing is i have to follow these instructions again n again B)

Thanks for your info guys, I have managed to install a decent one for 12k in a place in Colombo 14. Pretty good brand and work.

I've been adviced to put my car in Kleen Park (Dehiwala) by my uncle for a full wash and wax. (there are some dirts on the seats). What do you guys think about their service? Any Advice Please..

(Sorry for OT moderators, I didn't want to open a new thread for this)

Thanks for your info guys, I have managed to install a decent one for 12k in a place in Colombo 14. Pretty good brand and work.

I've been adviced to put my car in Kleen Park (Dehiwala) by my uncle for a full wash and wax. (there are some dirts on the seats). What do you guys think about their service? Any Advice Please..

if its ur thread originally...u r welcome to change the topic...kleen park does a pretty gud job

clean park does good work .. go for it. ive not had a bad experience with them yet.

Hi Bhara,

Care to share with us what place this is and what is the brand of the product you installed.

Regards,

The Don

Edited by The Don

Hi Bhara,

Care to share with us what place this is and what is the brand of the product you installed.

Regards,

Abeetha

Sorry Don, The brand is Carmander, and I've got it done at Khan Auto Electricals, Bloemendhal Road, Colombo 14. Friend of mine has been using this brand for a while and he said that he never had any problem with it. Ask me if you want more details. Thanks.

Thanks for the info about Kleen Park guys, will give them a call tomorrow for an appointment. Cheers.

there are some FB15's parked sometime's on the side of the road... and when I go passing all of them starts alarming.. ha ha... I think the owners noticed this and turned the alarms off :D I used to love taking that route... damn...

I know for sure that there are alarms which detect if a car jacker comes too close to the vehicle. I bet all these vehicles are fitted with those alarms :D:P

In my experience Clean Park does a good job. The super and I come to an agreement..... If the job is not good I dont pay...lol.... and I have never had to do that.....To me what is most important is the interior clean up, Which I must say Clean Park is excelent at . The body work I am not that happy.....all in all I am very satisfied with Clean Park...

ha ha.... you should take Barn's Place... I used to take that route to work.. there are some FB15's parked sometime's on the side of the road... and when I go passing all of them starts alarming.. ha ha... I think the owners noticed this and turned the alarms off :D I used to love taking that route... damn...

FB15's doesn’t like cherries. :D

............................................................................................................

Bhara... go for a full service, might cost you a bit, and do an engine glazing as well. After that do periodical services in time. Good luck man. Clean park is very good, as well as the Pit stop. I do services at both places, no complaints yet.

stains on the back seat or front seat ? :D