• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

After Market Alarm Remote...

AMG

Hi Guys,

I've bought a car which has got a lovely after market alarmed remote but the previous owner has lost the spare remote. As this is not safe for me I'm gonna remove the system and install a brand new one. I know some places but don't know how good they are.

Please let me know a good place where I can get it done. Price doesn't matter, I need a good brand (let me know if there are any good reliable brands) and professional installation.

Prefer a place within Greater Colombo area.

Thanks Guys.

Damn, spelled "Alarmed" incorrectly in the title, don't know how to change!! can any moderator change it for me?

Hi Guys,

I've bought a car which has got a lovely after market alarmed remote but the previous owner has lost the spare remote. As this is not safe for me I'm gonna remove the system and install a brand new one. I know some places but don't know how good they are.

Please let me know a good place where I can get it done. Price doesn't matter, I need a good brand (let me know if there are any good reliable brands) and professional installation.

Prefer a place within Greater Colombo area.

Thanks Guys.

I got mine done at Singer Auto Guard. When I went there recently they told me that they have decided to get an enhanced system which has key-less entry. One draw back with the singer system (What I have on) is that anyone familiar with the process could deactivate the engine immobiliser.

There is also a company which promotes alarm systems that uses your mobile phone as the remote control. apparently when activated you could locate your car if it is in the area of the M/Phone network. You could also here what going on(conversation) in your car through your M/Phone. This was designed and developed by a Sri Lankan and the patent also belongs to him. It would be worth your while checking him out. I am sorry I have lost the contact details but I am sure with little effort you could find it.

One bit of advice...... Do not be in a hurry..... Contact all alarm system vendors... Compare options and prices....and also make sure you would have 24 hour help in case you jam your alarm system or immobilise your engine.... Price Is Not The Only Consideration.

Damn, spelled "Alarmed" incorrectly in the title, don't know how to change!! can any moderator change it for me?

OKi doki. That what u wanted?

BTW, brings up a interesting Q. I saw a couple of car alarms for sale out of the box in arpico. Like, what the hell du u do with that? Has the tech come so far that u can install the system @ home?

OKi doki. That what u wanted?

BTW, brings up a interesting Q. I saw a couple of car alarms for sale out of the box in arpico. Like, what the hell du u do with that? Has the tech come so far that u can install the system @ home?

dont these work on something like a motion sensor which goes off when the car moves? it may be installable at home, but an improper instalation may cause it to go off when u dont want it to i guess... i guess going to a place that knows the job would be better....

peri, maybe you saw a reverse sensor? i think i saw those at some other big store as well...dont remember where though...

dont these work on something like a motion sensor which goes off when the car moves? it may be installable at home, but an improper instalation may cause it to go off when u dont want it to i guess... i guess going to a place that knows the job would be better....

peri, maybe you saw a reverse sensor? i think i saw those at some other big store as well...dont remember where though...

There were reverse sensors too. And car alarms. 20k+ range. Dunno anything about the prices professionally, but seems a bit expensive for summin out of a box :D

There were reverse sensors too. And car alarms. 20k+ range. Dunno anything about the prices professionally, but seems a bit expensive for summin out of a box :D

ya 20k is a bit too much.... i think some places do it cheaper.... remember prices in the 15k max range on a TV show some time back when they used to sponsor it...

plus, imagine an incorr3ect instalation and you cant turn off the alarm if it goes off when u r getting into the car..:D you'll be beaten up or in a cell before you can even begin to explain your "successful mechanical/electronics skills"

:D

If u wanna standard alarm system go for the S** LANKA. I've been using there system & never gave me trouble till now. Or if you want to go for a very high tech system, you can try with Securo Dynamics. They have the satellite immobilizer system. But have no experience with them. & what's the car?

Btw - U settled down in SL again???

you could get a alarm system from Yasantha for about 24k if I remember correct.. it has engine start off, alarm, engine imobelizer and the best is that they give you a small key tag display which shows you the activity in your car.. say if someone try's to open one of your doors it will indicate on your key tag which door is been opened... and blah blah

you could get a alarm system from Yasantha for about 24k if I remember correct.. it has engine start off, alarm, engine imobelizer and the best is that they give you a small key tag display which shows you the activity in your car.. say if someone try's to open one of your doors it will indicate on your key tag which door is been opened... and blah blah

i recommend yasantha too...he's jus off kotte...he sells his own system...i think he gets it from korea but i cant remembr the cost...he's very gud in installation of any electronics includin audio...and im proud to say i had a pagin system in my car way several yrs b4 local vendors got em :D...yasantha did the needful...

Edited by sharkster

They are in welisara right ? what are the prices like?? .. was loking for one myself :huh:

I think Welisara also they have a branch. They are in Darley Rd & Baseline Rd as well. I do my system for something around Rs.10,000.

Best way is to check all the places and decide what r the options u really need. If u don't need remote engine starter, remote A/C starter, remote trunk opener, 2 way system... then the price is low.

I think Welisara also they have a branch. They are in Darley Rd & Baseline Rd as well. I do my system for something around Rs.10,000.

Best way is to check all the places and decide what r the options u really need. If u don't need remote engine starter, remote A/C starter, remote trunk opener, 2 way system... then the price is low. [/color]

I just need the alarm.. no fancy stuff will check them out.. thanks bro :P

I also have this habbit of keeping the car in gear instead of pulling the emergency break... so remote engine start might not work well for me :P

Rather than installing a new alram can't you get the remote frequency reset along with two new remotes?

This is what we do here and it is much cheaper than having a b/new alarm installed. Not sure if this is available in SL.

Cheers

I just need the alarm.. no fancy stuff will check them out.. thanks bro :P

I also have this habbit of keeping the car in gear instead of pulling the emergency break... so remote engine start might not work well for me :P

Ha ha, I think Memphis people who made these remotes remembered guys like you too, so I think a lot of them check if the car is on neutral before starting the engine,

I remember going to that place in Darley Road mentioned in this post, and they told me their system at that time didnt have that facility, but that was a year back and i didnt get that system.

The Don

Thank you very much for your help guys, will check yasantha tomorrow. Cheers... :P

Rather than installing a new alram can't you get the remote frequency reset along with two new remotes?

This is what we do here and it is much cheaper than having a b/new alarm installed. Not sure if this is available in SL.

Cheers

Good idea Duncan but don't know whether this is available in SL.

If u wanna standard alarm system go for the S** LANKA.

S** Lanka

:P

I think you can type the full name as this is a help machan, am I right moderators?

what's the car?

Btw - U settled down in SL again???

Machan, don't laugh at me, I've bought a FB15. I wasn't actually looking for a FB15 but I found a really good deal on this machan, so I grabbed it, really good one in lovely condition. Just for some time, might change it later.

Ya, I've settled here, will be making trips back and forth to the UK on official matters.

SUN Lanka,

anyways Silcon security systems can be recommended too, Advance Audio sets them 'up. check out all the places for ur requirments and go for da best!

Thanks very much..will have a look around today.

Hey why dont you go in for a bulldog alarm, they had advertised saying that they provide a lifetime warranty on thier products.

Check them out on Hospital road opposite the Kohuwela Cargills.

Do post thier prices if you happen to call them for the benefit of other forumers.

All the best with your search

just wondering.. why do you guys want alarms in your car. do you think it will deter thieves from taking it. now in SL, when a car alarm goes off, people don't even look twice. it's like a natural noise

I just need the alarm.. no fancy stuff will check them out.. thanks bro :action-smiley-060:

I also have this habbit of keeping the car in gear instead of pulling the emergency break... so remote engine start might not work well for me :action-smiley-060:

Picture this..... Dam hot day.... Your car parked out in the sun.... you need to go out for a meeting.....NOW don’t you wish you had auto start to turn the A/C on and keep it running for a couple of minutes before you actually get in ......Just a thought...

Picture this..... Dam hot day.... Your car parked out in the sun.... you need to go out for a meeting.....NOW don’t you wish you had auto start to turn the A/C on and keep it running for a couple of minutes before you actually get in ......Just a thought...

lol...

and then imagine this... your car is a diesel and it's on gear plus it's parked in a jamm packed car park.. like say Nawam mawatha car park... you punch in your remote engine/ac start... and your car goes swish... and wacks the other cars... ahhh.. the osund of music of all the alarms of the cars right round you.. he he... just kidding bro... :mellow:

lol...

and then imagine this... your car is a diesel and it's on gear plus it's parked in a jamm packed car park.. like say Nawam mawatha car park... you punch in your remote engine/ac start... and your car goes swish... and wacks the other cars... ahhh.. the osund of music of all the alarms of the cars right round you.. he he... just kidding bro... :mellow:

Hehe........ Optimistic bugger aren’t you........and bet you got V*P.....lol...the rascals are right there eh.....But seriously, like Sharkster says most don’t start if its not on neutral....Cheers.