• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Audi A4, 1.8T, 2002

Rukster

Hi Guys

Checked out a flat red Audi with the sports package, 2002, 1.8T auto+triptronic with 70,000kms on the ODO, last Saturday at a car sale. Registration plates are GZ - XXXX (WP SP), one owner, brand new purchased and maintained throughout at the agents. The car was in a decent condition with a decent black leather interior. There were minor scratches on the body and the buttons in the center console display had faded slightly. Didn't test drive but everything looks straight. The car sales guy was asking 4.3Mn for it.

To my knowledge thats too much with the little attention it needs. The car sale owner was willing to do touch up the minor scratches and also attend to the center console. I still feel its a bit too high.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

R

post-45481-024168800 1287981549_thumb.jp

Hi Guys

Checked out a flat red Audi with the sports package, 2002, 1.8T auto+triptronic with 70,000kms on the ODO, last Saturday at a car sale. Registration plates are GZ - XXXX (WP SP), one owner, brand new purchased and maintained throughout at the agents. The car was in a decent condition with a decent black leather interior. There were minor scratches on the body and the buttons in the center console display had faded slightly. Didn't test drive but everything looks straight. The car sales guy was asking 4.3Mn for it.

To my knowledge thats too much with the little attention it needs. The car sale owner was willing to do touch up the minor scratches and also attend to the center console. I still feel its a bit too high.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

R

Was it a Red..?

Can't speak to the condition of the car or if it's worth buying for that price etc. but this particular Red A4 has been for sale for a very long time. A4s are lovely cars, though being FF and with the small displacement engines, I would pick a BMW of similar vintage, for that money every time, but that's just me.

I agree with you LazyBoy. But, how easy is it to find a good petrol BMW? I am not a fan of diesels mainly due to the high maintenance costs. But good petrols are hard to find and smaller engine displacements (318), etc.

Hi Rangerove, no offence, but I am hesitant to drive any diesel cars. I agree that the face lift common rails are much better than the pre-facelift range. I prefer petrols, but its like finding a needle in a hay stack. Besides, I am looking at an Auto+triptronic. BMWs are definitely my choice if I find a good one. Been a fan for a long time with two generations and different engine displacements. Currently own a black 325.

I understand certain ppl have reservations for diesels. I was one of them until i found the car i bought. The thing with diesels is that u need to get a car well maintained. It is a powerful and economical car if u find a good sample. If you find a good petrol, go for it. But make sure its a facelift one, as the 2.0 ltr engine packs 143 bhp(I think the 318i is the only variant u can get) much more powerful than the pre facelift (no way comparable to 325i though)

Hi Rangerove, no offence, but I am hesitant to drive any diesel cars. I agree that the face lift common rails are much better than the pre-facelift range. I prefer petrols, but its like finding a needle in a hay stack. Besides, I am looking at an Auto+triptronic. BMWs are definitely my choice if I find a good one. Been a fan for a long time with two generations and different engine displacements. Currently own a black 325.

Are you giving up the 325i... :unsure: or gonna reserve it for weekends..?? :rolleyes:

Ok, spoke to the people responsible for the make in SL. They stated the best way would be to get the car out for an inspection and then get a report with costs estimates. According to them the value of the vehicle should not exceed 3Mn. Now to convince the sales guy to release the car to do an inspection.....

This car has been in various car sales around colombo for almost two years now.... At the beginning the the asking price was over 6 million when it was at a place in pamankada. I guess it has come down now.

Saw it this May in Wellawatte and they wanted 4.8. Needs a bit of work on some of the switches and interior......

Found a prestine 2004 E46 facelift (petrol) for a bit more and went for it. No regrets whatsoever, 8.5 to 9.5 km/l in town and smooth power whenever you need to put your foot down...

I see need to do a bit of searching before I go any further with this car. Have been on the phone with a couple of people who are agents in SL. Agree that the switches and interior needs some attention, also some bits of the exterior. Wish I could find a decent specimen of a petrol BMW E46 face-lift, but thats a very hard shot. Anyways, need to do more research..... Cheers

Maybe cos its newer?

Ok, agree with the newer bit. But my current car is fully loaded and has more options(expect power seats)than the Audi. Also, looking for an auto+trip tranny which is harder to find in many 3 series BMWs unless the larger 5 and 7, and also a petrol. No other reason.

cheers

Ok, agree with the newer bit. But my current car is fully loaded and has more options(expect power seats)than the Audi. Also, looking for an auto+trip tranny which is harder to find in many 3 series BMWs unless the larger 5 and 7, and also a petrol. No other reason.

cheers

Mines got a 2.5 ltr with VANOS, under the hood.. and it's an auto.. :rolleyes: grabbed it cos I couldn't find a manual. B)