• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3,fb15 Super Saloon & Toyota Corolla Ae110,which Is The Best

hiranthak

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^ dont want to get involved in this little war but saying that Acura and Honda are the same thing is like saying ur mum and sister are the same person... yes they may have family links but are totally different in their own right! after living in the U.S i can tell you from first hand experience that the cross image between ACURA and HONDA are vastly different.... you cannot put the two names in the same boat! Acura have a niche market towards middle class luxury lovers where as Honda has a wider spectrum in terms of cheaper auto's and maintainence.... just my 2 cents!!

good doggy..LOL !!!

And of course, coming back and still talking after saying "I will not comment in this tread[sic] anymore". Definitely fits the profile.

Acura is hondas luxury and performance vehicle.

im just stating that honda and acura the same nothing else and im not a fanboy but i own a honda

<sarcasm> Wow! Thanks so much! I would have never known if you hadn't told me that! </sarcasm>

Also Acura maybe Honda's luxury branch, but its not a performance branch. Performance gets denoted by designations like "Type R" not Acura.

Also pls look up Mia's role in the movie. <more sarcasm> Next thing you know, people will be in here saying Civic's are great coz Dom's grandma drove one in F&F. </more sarcasm> :rolleyes:

Acura have a niche market towards middle class luxury lovers where as Honda has a wider spectrum in terms of cheaper auto's and maintainence.... just my 2 cents!!

Thank You, Andrew... your 2 cents is worth a million dollars... ;)

Acura is not Honda, same way that Infinity is NOT Nissan or Lexus is NOT Toyota... though there are some idiots in SL who pus the L badge on Toyotas and ask for insane prices... ;)

Edited by VVTi

^^^ dont want to get involved in this little war but saying that Acura and Honda are the same thing is like saying ur mum and sister are the same person... yes they may have family links but are totally different in their own right! after living in the U.S i can tell you from first hand experience that the cross image between ACURA and HONDA are vastly different.... you cannot put the two names in the same boat! Acura have a niche market towards middle class luxury lovers where as Honda has a wider spectrum in terms of cheaper auto's and maintainence.... just my 2 cents!!

wht ur saying is true i live in canada and i knw the difference between honda and acura too and im not saying mom and sister are the same person but here they do say mum and sister are the same. they call the acura integra the honda integra.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=38070

Yes i know.... I have owned a Honda Integra DC5 Type R in sri lanka and also used a Acura RSX type-s in the U.S... same body and look but totally different in mind and soul...u cannot compare them at all... hope u understand where im coming from... as for the mum and sister analogy, i think u misunderstood what i meant of it... : )

Another classic A/L Honda thread. Those who likes EK3 commented to for EK3, and others just called them fan boys and never bothered give valid reasons why someone should go for 110 or FB15 over EK3.

Best part is, they do all the assumptions on behalf of these fanboys (so called by others), what is on their mind and keep on commenting their own imagination. :rolleyes:

P:S worst came out when the starter said he will opt for EK3.

Edited by MkX

Another classic A/L Honda thread. Those who likes EK3 commented to for EK3, and others just called them fan boys and never bothered give valid reasons why someone should go for 110 or FB15 over EK3.

Best part is, they do all the assumptions on behalf of these fanboys (so called by others), what is on their mind and keep on commenting their own imagination. :rolleyes:

You will notice that no one said don't go for the EK3. Some who said 110 did give reasons why. Didn't see that many people justify the EK3 either. They just went "EK3". We just said some of the people commenting are fan boys. And they are. Would you like to see a list of the fan boy quotes? Would you deny the fan boy presence? Why don't you actually read and point out the assumptions made out by people on behalf of those fanboys, since thats what you claim?

civic ek3 is better than fb15 :violent-smiley-099:

Honda Civic EK3 if you want something extraordinary

:D

Ek3 is the best option

MKX

All these were way before fanboy stuff came out. mind you there are some more.

folks have just said to go for ek3 without giving any reasons. You seem to be oblivious to it for reasons best known to you.

Honda threads tend to be like this thanks to fanboys of the brand and not due to others.

So many car brands get discussed here, get slammed etc etc but i don't see any particular group getting affected like the honda crowd does.

Typical fanboyish attitude.

You want valid reasons? Fine, lets sort that out in hope of bringing some sense back to this thread.

The FB15s that are around will be on average at least two years newer than the Ek3s available for the same price. And before you say "that doesnt matter the Ek3 is BETTER etc" allow me to point out that it matters to some people, especially when they think about resale. Also when it comes to wear and tear on components and such, obviously newer vehicles have advantages.

The AE110 is always going to have higher demand in the market than the an Ek3 (despite being the same age or even older), thats just how it is and no matter how much Honda fanatics yell and scream, that isnt going to change. Put simply, it will always be easier to quickly sell a corolla 110 than it will be to sell an ek3 if they are the same age/condition. Plus, the 110 has a considerably more comfortable suspension set up that is better adapted to the various different road conditions in sri lanka than the Ek3s. Spec sheets can only tell you so much after all.

Both the Nissan and the AE110 have wider spare parts availability than the Ek3 and because of this parts prices are cheaper. I am not certain of the prices at the agents for genuine bits of each model but the simple fact that there are a much larger number of parts suppliers for Toyotas and Nissans means that parts will remain comparatively cheaper for a while.

Mind you, all of the above are valid reasons the average car buyer would consider when comparing these cars.

The Honda Ek3 is admittedly a bit better to drive than the corolla or the sunny but that again is a minute difference which the ordinary car buyer would not notice or care much about.

So there you go. Valid enough for you?

You will notice that no one said don't go for the EK3. Some who said 110 did give reasons why. Didn't see that many people justify the EK3 either. They just went "EK3". We just said some of the people commenting are fan boys. And they are. Would you like to see a list of the fan boy quotes? Would you deny the fan boy presence? Why don't you actually read and point out the assumptions made out by people on behalf of those fanboys, since thats what you claim?

Hi Peri, well I don't it's necessary for me to get in to fan boy thing again as I am not trying to prove any comments or disagree with others. Just shared my opinion and I know some will agree and some don't. :)

For me topic is already concluded in 1st page or 2nd and rest is just the entertainment. So I read when I have some spare time.

Edit: Just saw S_N's reply. This is what I mentioned in my post. Your reply of cause valid, comprehensive and informative. But isn't it too late, at least for the topic starter? (provided he made up his mind already) No body bothered to justify some valid reasons why someone go for 110 or fb15. Your post has done the justification to 110 which others failed to do.

Edited by MkX

But even in this thread I didn't see any Honda fan boys are coming up says that Honda is the best and all the others are crap. The thread opener asked a comparison of 110, fb15 and ek3. There were not many replies or recommendations came up for 110 and fb15. Most favorable option was ek3 among the replies.

Few more guys claimed that Ek3 has some sporty orientation based on their own personal opinions and in relations with 3 cars in comparison.But no body said that EK3 is a super car or beats Ferrari.

What I see is some people assume that Honda owners who comment here just fan boys so that any thing coming out from their mouth is just crap. They failed to justify their opinion why someone should go for fb15 or 110 over ek3.

What ever the sporty look, more handling focused suspension over comfort, fuel economy comments done for EK3 done with in the context of the 3 cars in Subject. But other who were unable to recommend fb15 or 110 just get those few words out of the context and start bashing the Brand and the guys who comment on Honda.

If you went through the first 2 pages carefully till the starter says he decided on EK3 none of those who have opened their mouth now, have put some effort to explain or comment on other two cars. B)

thank god some one actually understood and pointed it out to the other less brained one's the true scenario.. because they failed to understand this simple thing... your the man bro.. now your the one who should really have become a moderator man..

Yes i know.... I have owned a Honda Integra DC5 Type R in sri lanka and also used a Acura RSX type-s in the U.S... same body and look but totally different in mind and soul...u cannot compare them at all... hope u understand where im coming from... as for the mum and sister analogy, i think u misunderstood what i meant of it... : )

yee same body and looks i never drove a honda integra in srilanka but i have a drove a rsx in canada soo wouldnt know the difference, i do understand. :)

lets get to this topic why it was started for.. I own 2000 Fb15 super saloon splend its really comfortable car, nice interior compared to the Ek3 and it has high demand in the market cause alot off ppl come an ask me if would sell mine and only the fuel consumption is bit low, if your looking for a sporty look car i suggest the Ek3 u can modify it well and has a good handling and fuel consumption is good, i dont know about the ae110.

and do u styll own the integra dc5 in srilanka? i have never seen one in srilanka

Didn't see that many people justify the EK3 either ? your suppose to be the moderator of this site and you even dont know what the start of the thread says..

the one's who opted for the Ek's did give a reason I for one. in case you missed that part I'll say it again and more.

FB15 and AE110 suck BIG time.

1. they dont move like an EK

2. they dont handle like an EK

3. FB15 doesn't do fuel like an EK ( not to forget the fact that none of the Nissans do well on fuel )

4. you put thee people in the back of an 110 and go on a hump and you will hit your exhaust. ( it such lousy design that when you load the behind the first thing that comes down is the exhaust. )

some one here thinks that this forum is like a dream where you get to be anyone you want and at the end of the day they are just a normal person just waiting till the next day to play superman on the forums again...

Didn't see that many people justify the EK3 either ? your suppose to be the moderator of this site and you even dont know what the start of the thread says..

the one's who opted for the Ek's did give a reason I for one. in case you missed that part I'll say it again and more.

3. FB15 doesn't do fuel like an EK ( not to forget the fact that none of the Nissans do well on fuel )

4. you put thee people in the back of an 110 and go on a hump and you will hit your exhaust. ( it such lousy design that when you load the behind the first thing that comes down is the exhaust. )

some one here thinks that this forum is like a dream where you get to be anyone you want and at the end of the day they are just a normal person just waiting till the next day to play superman on the forums again...

z162342801.jpg

VTEC kicked in, yo!!

Edited by VVTi

well a co worker had an fb15 V*P, sing model...manual box and he got 10kmpl in colombo driving..pretty much what most econobox sedans do.

And cars like fb13 and 14 are quite popular amongst the masses for their good fuel economy. so i don't think you can generalize and say nissans are bad on fuel.

Also...when i had the ae100..i could easily go with 5 people in the car without grounding on road humps. unless of course one drives like an idiot over humps.

Don't have much experience with the 110 but i doubt that would be a lot different from the 100.

Edited by Ripper

thank god some one actually understood and pointed it out to the other less brained one's the true scenario.. because they failed to understand this simple thing... your the man bro.. now your the one who should really have become a moderator man..

See that profile about piggybacking on the opinions of others coz their own opinions are so utterly uninformed and asshat stupid? Exhibit one. Also way too late coz its been replied to. FAIL again draggy.

I said many people didn't justify, you brain dead moron, not ALL people didn't justify. Even YOUR first response was a very 6 year old fan boy "110 and FB15 suck", and then went on an absurd suspension comparison which others said were WRONG (nothing new for you there) and the conclusions were incorrect (experience proves that whatever the fancy bits, the EK rear end is loose.) I also justified it in terms of FF sedans, not picking on the EK, it applies to all three examples here. There are other things that matter too, not just the independent suspension. Which you might have realized if you actually drove a bit instead of spending your time changing your "sports" steering wheels with fake NOS buttons and admiring them.

I know you think only old people drive FB15 and AE110 (your words) and seeing as to how old a fart you are, I can only assume you are trying to desperately look young by driving what you assume is a "young boys" car. Apparently you are unaware that there are other markets where Civics are considered the old peoples car, but since the things you are unaware of would fill a couple of libraries, this is not a surprise.

As to your "points", I'm sure it must be jolly interesting to you how an EK3 "moves" but you have no idea what this OPs priorities are. Is he looking for a boy racer? Among the things you failed to realize is that this chap is just looking for a YOM 2000 car.

Asking price for a 2000 EK3 - approx 1.8 mill

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=38470

Asking price for a 1999 AE110 - approx 1.8 mill (there is a 2000 one, but no price tag)

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=30098

Asking price for a 2000 FB15 - approx 1.8 mill

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=39070

EK3 is manual. Auto should be higher. 110 is auto. FB15 is auto.

This is an unusually self aware quotation about yourself draggy. And you didn't even copy anyone this time. Amusing. Just one small correction. At the end of the day, draggy is still just an idiot, just waiting till the next day, etc, etc.