• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ek3,fb15 Super Saloon & Toyota Corolla Ae110,which Is The Best

hiranthak

fact is that they used "Honda" not "Nissan" or "Toyota"..& it proves a point.

The fact is, the Civics were used for the underhanded stuff at night, while what the main characters drove during the day, during the racing, and during the race wars scenes, that they were seen with and identified with, were from other marquees. How about THAT point?

Who was the guy in the movie modifying Honda's? The guy described as "too slow to run away with the money" Hector and Johnny Tran, who's civics don't get engines and he runs an S2000 at Race Wars. Is this still consistent with your point?

How about everyone just drops the fan boy bs now? These are all econoboxes. End of story.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least good that you consider getting EK3 when Majority of Sri Lankans stuck with this typical Corolla and Sunny mind set.

Take a look at this thread and see what the typical mind set is :lol:

I wasn't talking about the people who got registered there in A/L. There is a huge difference between the general public and people who comment here on forum.

So take a look at the road .. you know what I mean .. (Even without looking at the road I know.. you know what i meant) :D

I think the PROBLEM with Honda mainly the CRX/Civic/Integra/Accord is that most of the engines are interchangeable 1500CC to 2200CC with relative ease compare to Toyota and Nissan.

To Sri lankan average guy as always things should come here either with movie like F&F or after years the things really happened. But that is before these ADSL and HSDPA .. things have now really changed the wiki and uTube hit our homes.

ROFLMAO.....ha ha ha ha :D :D :D

ever heard of product placements? :D

HOnda paid the movie makers to get their cars in so that some morons can be fooled into thinking those are supercars :D :D

and man that's money well spent looking the some of the posts here

http://www.brandchannel.com/brandcameo_films.asp?movie_year=2001

The Fast and the Furious

Date: 22-28 Jun., 2001

Studio: Universal

Weekend gross: US$40.1 M

Featured brands: Acura, Alpine, APEXi, Atomic Zen, AXIS, BF Goodrich, Boblbe-e, Budweiser, Chupa Chups, Coca-Cola, Compaq, Converse, Corona, Dodge, Eurolite, Fatburger, Ferrari, Ford, Freightliner, GMC, GReddy, HKS, Honda, Joy, Krispy Kreme, Lay's, Lexus, M.I.T., Mastercraft, Mazda, Meguiar's, Michelin, Mitsubishi, Momo, MoTeC, Motorola, Nissan, Nos, Oakley, Panasonic, Peterbilt, Phat Farm, Pirelli, Pizza Hut, R*D B*LL, Robocar, Shoei, Snapple, Sparco, Toyo Tires, Toyota, Tropicana, Troy Lee Designs, VeilSide, Volkswagen, Von Dutch, Yamaha

Comments: The title of the film is about cars, but it could be about brands as well. Honda’s Civic model gets a ton of screen time alongside almost every other make of automobile one could conceivably trick out. And don’t forget those stickers, the source of many of Furious’ brands. Caron, R*D B*LL and Panasonic put in the prominent non-racing appearances.

this is just a list of featured brands of the movie & it doesn't prove anything.as you can see Ferrari is also in the list...ROFLMAO

this is just a list of featured brands of the movie & it doesn't prove anything.as you can see Ferrari is also in the list...ROFLMAO

ha ha ha...watch the movie again and see why ferrari is there...

and also do us all favor and google "product placements in movies" if you still think hondas were the chosen ones cos they are all powerful and all that bs :D:P

They showed on Turbo few weeks back on Science behind Movies. Hondas were chosen for FF due to the fact they were cheap to modify and there were plenty of them around for them to test and perfect the stunts. If you look at it, they were old EG8s and hardly any late model cars. Also, all the modifications were not what the cars can do, they were modified to fit the script and some of the stunts were staged.

But don't tell the Fan Boys that... :)

Don't get me wrong, Hondas a great cars to own and to run to the shop and use as a daily run about...but the way some Elakiri boys go about with HondaHardOns... they make the cars look bad and cheap.

I wouldn't buy a Honda in SL for the simple reason of the label attached to it.... Stupid Dragger with a fart cannon at the back who think that he is driving the best thing since sliced bread... :)

No offense intended, if there are those who are here who wants to get offended by my straight shooting, go knock yourselves out.

Alright dude, so your point is that they "used" Honda and not Nissan and Toyota to portray the performance imports?

Lets see what the characters drove primarily in the 1st Fast and the Furious

Brian

95 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

94 Toyota Supra

Dom

93 Mazda RX-7

70 Dodge Charger

94 Toyota Supra

Letty

97 Nissan 240SX

Vince

99 Nissan Maxima

Leon

95 Nissan Skyline GT-R R33

Jesse

95 Volkswagen Jetta

Did you watch the same movie as the rest of the world?

Hi Guys

i have always noticed in AL forum that HONDA people are in High Talks always

and boosting more than what they really have got...

Not blaming to Honda owners but HONDA :)

thanks

regards

sumith

But even in this thread I didn't see any Honda fan boys are coming up says that Honda is the best and all the others are crap. The thread opener asked a comparison of 110, fb15 and ek3. There were not many replies or recommendations came up for 110 and fb15. Most favorable option was ek3 among the replies.

Few more guys claimed that Ek3 has some sporty orientation based on their own personal opinions and in relations with 3 cars in comparison.But no body said that EK3 is a super car or beats Ferrari.

What I see is some people assume that Honda owners who comment here just fan boys so that any thing coming out from their mouth is just crap. They failed to justify their opinion why someone should go for fb15 or 110 over ek3.

What ever the sporty look, more handling focused suspension over comfort, fuel economy comments done for EK3 done with in the context of the 3 cars in Subject. But other who were unable to recommend fb15 or 110 just get those few words out of the context and start bashing the Brand and the guys who comment on Honda.

If you went through the first 2 pages carefully till the starter says he decided on EK3 none of those who have opened their mouth now, have put some effort to explain or comment on other two cars. B)

But even in this thread I didn't see any Honda fan boys are coming up says that Honda is the best and all the others are crap. The thread opener asked a comparison of 110, fb15 and ek3. There were not many replies or recommendations came up for 110 and fb15. Most favorable option was ek3 among the replies.

Few more guys claimed that Ek3 has some sporty orientation based on their own personal opinions and in relations with 3 cars in comparison.But no body said that EK3 is a super car or beats Ferrari.

What I see is some people assume that Honda owners who comment here just fan boys so that any thing coming out from their mouth is just crap. They failed to justify their opinion why someone should go for fb15 or 110 over ek3.

What ever the sporty look, more handling focused suspension over comfort, fuel economy comments done for EK3 done with in the context of the 3 cars in Subject. But other who were unable to recommend fb15 or 110 just get those few words out of the context and start bashing the Brand and the guys who comment on Honda.

If you went through the first 2 pages carefully till the starter says he decided on EK3 none of those who have opened their mouth now, have put some effort to explain or comment on other two cars. B)

I heard from Expert, if you are planning go for CIVIC Auto, then need to be careful about the one model of auto gearbox (can’t remember now), as he said, it’s not properly used/ maintain in most of the cars in SL.

And also spare parts are not wildly available as FB15 and 110 for EK3, and it’s comparatively expensive too.

I heard from Expert, if you are planning go for CIVIC Auto, then need to be careful about the one model of auto gearbox (can’t remember now), as he said, it’s not properly used/ maintain in most of the cars in SL.

And also spare parts are not wildly available as FB15 and 110 for EK3, and it’s comparatively expensive too.

Most of the spare parts you buy from the agent or authorized dealers are Honda genuine parts. if you compare it with Toyota

genuine spare parts, you can get an idea which one is more expensive. AFAIK Toyota genuine parts are more expensive. correct me if I'm wrong.

availability of third party products which made for Honda is low in SL market. that is the problem.

now there are spare parts of other brands(not genuine)for Honda available for low price schemes. but not widely available. in future it will spread in local market. :D

ha ha ha...watch the movie again and see why ferrari is there...

and also do us all favor and google "product placements in movies" if you still think hondas were the chosen ones cos they are all powerful and all that bs :D:P

please try to read the comments I made before you type your bs comments again...i've never clamed that honda is a supercar and it can outperform the some of the best cars of the world. before i started to comment on this thread,i saw comments of few idiots' who were comparing average econoboxes (that many of us use) over some fancy sports cars that they have or pretend to have.

this thread was about comparison of three cars FB15,AE110 & EK3 & i stood behind EK3 & i expect others to do the same, but few smart ass fellows assumed that people who commented on ek3 as fan boys & started to dish out pure BS

if anyone got offended by my comments,i'm deeply sorry about that. but i hate to see people trying play god just because they are members or admins of this web site.

if anyone got offended by my comments,i'm deeply sorry about that. but i hate to see people trying play god just because they are members or admins of this web site.

Pull the other leg, its got bells on it.

You made a point. I replied to that point. If your point doesn't hold water (and it doesn't) throwing wild accusations about misconduct from admins don't really fly. Bottom line, the only authority holder on this site who commented on this thread (which was only me) did NOT pull any admin muscle.

In short, stop bullshitting. If you lost your point, just acknowledge it and move on. No one tried playing god and I, for one, do NOT appreciate the accusation.

Pull the other leg, its got bells on it.

You made a point. I replied to that point. If your point doesn't hold water (and it doesn't) throwing wild accusations about misconduct from admins don't really fly. Bottom line, the only authority holder on this site who commented on this thread (which was only me) did NOT pull any admin muscle.

In short, stop bullshitting. If you lost your point, just acknowledge it and move on. No one tried playing god and I, for one, do NOT appreciate the accusation.

if you don't like accusations it's your own problem & if anyone needs to stop bullshtting,believe it should start form YOU before anyone else..I will not comment in this tread anymore,so please knock yourself out

Edited by Nitro

if you don't like accusations it's your own problem & if anyone needs to stop bullshtting,believe it should start form YOU before anyone else..I will not comment in this tread anymore,so please knock yourself out

Ah yes, the classic response of the person who is proved wrong trying to save face by acting all noble.

But your wrong again. If your gonna make accusations, be prepared to back them up with the proof. Otherwise just crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from.

Not to mention you still don't seem to have anything to say about your "point" about how the makers of F&F used Honda to show something.

YOU tried to come in with the sarcasm (which didn't work). YOU tried selling something as a fact, when it wasn't the case. YOU didn't drop it when I said, OK everyone drop it. You obviously haven't even watched the movie, or you watched thru Honda coloured goggles if you thought Civics were the stars, and you didn't realize there was a Ferrari! That was the personal car of the producer, Neal H. Moritz, that lines up with the Supra when they are testing it when Diesel just turns to Walker and says "Smoke him".

You just blathered on without knowing your facts (which really does fit a certain profile). If you wanna interact around here, know your facts and be willing to learn. There are plenty of people who can read the thread and see how you joined in, despite your claim of "stood behind EK3". What utter rubbish! Your first comment was

well said,all those who made funny comments about 130 BHP cars must be having supercars parked in their garages

Thats not an endorsement of the EK3, it was trying to look down on those who disagreed with you.(selective memory and distortion of facts also fits that profile) Add that to the fact that you picked the daftest of people you could find to agree with and try to piggyback on. (The piggybacking is also a characteristic of that profile).

Utter, utter fail.

Ah yes, the classic response of the person who is proved wrong trying to save face by acting all noble.

But your wrong again. If your gonna make accusations, be prepared to back them up with the proof. Otherwise just crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from.

Not to mention you still don't seem to have anything to say about your "point" about how the makers of F&F used Honda to show something.

YOU tried to come in with the sarcasm (which didn't work). YOU tried selling something as a fact, when it wasn't the case. YOU didn't drop it when I said, OK everyone drop it. You obviously haven't even watched the movie, or you watched thru Honda coloured goggles if you thought Civics were the stars, and you didn't realize there was a Ferrari! That was the personal car of the producer, Neal H. Moritz, that lines up with the Supra when they are testing it when Diesel just turns to Walker and says "Smoke him".

You just blathered on without knowing your facts (which really does fit a certain profile). If you wanna interact around here, know your facts and be willing to learn. There are plenty of people who can read the thread and see how you joined in, despite your claim of "stood behind EK3". What utter rubbish! Your first comment was

Thats not an endorsement of the EK3, it was trying to look down on those who disagreed with you.(selective memory and distortion of facts also fits that profile) Add that to the fact that you picked the daftest of people you could find to agree with and try to piggyback on. (The piggybacking is also a characteristic of that profile).

Utter, utter fail.

good doggy..LOL !!!