• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Skirts & A Spoiler For Lancer

trinity

Hi Guys

I'm looking forward to do a slight modification to my car, having a Lancer CS1. wanna add side skirts, a spoiler & bumper lips. any tips as to where i can get a quality job done for a reasonable price?? attached below is the way i want to get da car modified.

46zm.jpg

c4bn.jpg

djw3.jpg

Edited by trinity

Hi Guys

I'm looking forward to do a slight modification for my car, having a lancer cs1. wanna add side skirts, a spoiler & bumper lips. any tips as to where i can get a quality job done for a reasonable price?? attached below is the way i want to get da car modified.

trinity, you'd find some contacts plus loadsa info / review here at

• 1 year later...

HI friends...

thought to give some info regarding this topic.. As mentioned above, i was searching to fix side skirts & bumper lips for my car and searched lot of places to get this job done.. All places i contacted quoted very high prices for this small modification. (60K to 75K). Then i gave up the idea. Recently i had to replace my rear bumper and new bumper came with the Original Bumper lip. So again i thought to fix the rest too.. This time a fried of mine suggested to look in spare parts shops instead of getting these made locally.. Bravo!.. was able to find the Original side skirts for only 10K. A little paint job and its ready to go..

hyb7.jpg

So if any of you guys are looking to fix the original body kit to the car, I suggest you to go look in places like "EURO NIPPON" & "US AUTO PARTS" as they have these kind of stuff with them...(i bought mine from US.)

Cheers!!

Edited by trinity
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI friends...

thought to give some info regarding this topic.. As mentioned above, i was searching to fix side skirts & bumper lips for my car and searched lot of places to get this job done.. All places i contacted quoted very high prices for this small modification. (60K to 75K). Then i gave up the idea. Recently i had to replace my rear bumper and new bumper came with the Original Bumper lip. So again i thought to fix the rest too.. This time a fried of mine suggested to look in spare parts shops instead of getting these made locally.. Bravo!.. was able to find the Original side skirts for only 10K. A little paint job and its ready to go..

So if any of you guys are looking to fix the original body kit to the car, I suggest you to go look in places like "EURO NIPPON" & "US AUTO PARTS" as they have these kind of stuff with them...(i bought mine from US.)

Cheers!!

:) Thanks for the info machang! Will definitely have a look as I have to paint my Lancer within the next couple of months.

:) Thanks for the info machang! Will definitely have a look as I have to paint my Lancer within the next couple of months.

Hi machan..

Lucky thing, i was able to get originals for such a small price.The skirts i got was originally black and would nicely fit to your car.. :) the only thing i'm in need is the from bumper lip. There they have a bumper with the kit but they wont sell the part separately.. :(

Regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi machan..

Lucky thing, i was able to get originals for such a small price.The skirts i got was originally black and would nicely fit to your car.. :) the only thing i'm in need is the from bumper lip. There they have a bumper with the kit but they wont sell the part separately.. :(

Regards

Hi Trinity,

Machan I'm looking for a lip kit for my Lancer (CS1 - 2005). Where is this kit you mentioned about is located? Is it US Auto Parts Dehiwala or Wadduwa ?

Thanks.

Hi Trinity,

Machan I'm looking for a lip kit for my Lancer (CS1 - 2005). Where is this kit you mentioned about is located? Is it US Auto Parts Dehiwala or Wadduwa ?

Thanks.

Hi Link

Machan, its US auto parts wadduwa.. but unfortunately they doesn't sell it separately.. you gonna have to buy the whole bumper. I doubt whether they still have it with them... I'm also in search of this thing machan.. Latest contact i found was from a friend of mine. He gave me contacts of a person located at panchikawatte and he is specialized in mitsu parts only... he is also selling the part with the bumper only.. quoting Rs.25,000/- for it.. If you wan i can give u da contacts....

Cheers!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Another Update on the subject...

Finally managed to complete the task except for the spoiler... All OEM parts.. Final result is marvelous :).... Added bonus is the fog lights which i was keen on fixing from the day i bought the car,,,,

Happy happy happy... :) :) :)

Here are some pics..

uoh2.jpg

Color keyed the side mirrors and door handles as well.

45wf.jpg

jv7c.jpg

Guys im off to Middeniya now.. Then to fishing huts at Maskeliya during the weekend. See ya after 4 days...

Edited by trinity
  • Like 1

Love the new look machang! She looks great! So glad you decided to stick to OEM parts instead of messing around with the bodywork. :) Hope you get the rest of the things sorted out soon.

May I share with others that the workshop manuals came in handy while installing the side skirts and finding the wiring for the fog lamps.

Have a safe trip!

Edit:

Bro, upload a pic of the car (from the side most preferably) before the mod as well if you can.

Edited by Davy

hi,

from whr did u find those oem parts..? anyone know a place to buy a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI spoiler..?

CK2, if you read the initial posts in this thread, you would have found the info you're looking for. :)

Since trinity will not be able to reply for about 4 more days, he bought most of the parts from US @UTO P@®TS and EU®0 N!PP0N at Wadduwa. Try these two places and Delkanda.

• Like 1

CK2, if you read the initial posts in this thread, you would have found the info you're looking for. :)

Since trinity will not be able to reply for about 4 more days, he bought most of the parts from US @UTO P@®TS and EU®0 N!PP0N at Wadduwa. Try these two places and Delkanda.

oops...! sory my mistake...anyway thanks for info

The fog lamps look gorgeous. Well I haven't seen OEM spec fogs for CS that much in the road. Can anybody tell me where to find OEM fog lamps for a Lancer CB ? How much they roughly cost?

Love the new look machang! She looks great! So glad you decided to stick to OEM parts instead of messing around with the bodywork. :) Hope you get the rest of the things sorted out soon.

May I share with others that the workshop manuals came in handy while installing the side skirts and finding the wiring for the fog lamps.

Have a safe trip!

Edit:

Bro, upload a pic of the car (from the side most preferably) before the mod as well if you can.

Hey Thanks Davy..

And here you go...

16052010793.jpg04022010342.jpg060320121377.jpg060320121376.jpg

Edited by trinity

Yeah, thanks machang! :)

BTW, Any luck with the spoiler?

Hey no luck with that machan... Had to go to Kurunegala in the weekend and could not find time for car stuff... Anyway, need to give priority to the OEM fog switch machan... Financial crisis has gone over the roof these days also.. :(

• 1 month later...

Hi friends..

Finally i got my fog lamps to work and its great...

I typed the whole fog switch story and at the end i accidentally pressed the bloody freaking "Home" button and it was just an Old lady cooking Google letters on my screen. Shit happened and have no time to re type everything..

Story in very short.

Bought an original fog light switch (Used) from ebay for just Rs1k .. (This was quoted Rs7.4ks at the agents)

Bought the original dash board trim which holds the fog switch from the agents for Rs.4.4k

Bout an original (Used) relay from a spare parts shop for Rs.200/-

It was just plug & play. Only wiring had to be done was the two wires which leads to the fog lamps, from the original wire harness connector which located near the horn connectors.

Everything working to the factory specifications.. Really happy with the end results..

Guys i know this is a small thing when compared to the most of you guys doing with your vehicles, Like MD/GTAM/Davy's vehicle restorations & etc etc... I could only imagine the feelings that they get when they see their cars come to live from dust.. Respect to you all..

Just sharing my small achievement which made me rally happy..

Special thank goes to "Davy" who helped me a lot in this regard.

Cheers!!

Fog Switch assembly (The ash color triangular thing is the dash trim i bought for Rs 4,400/-)

100820121592.jpg

Fog light indicator

100820121590.jpg

100820121589.jpg

Fogs in action

100820121596.jpg

• Like 4

Great job machang! I’m really happy for you and you’re welcome; I’m glad I could be of assistance.

I must say that this could be done to original specs so easily mainly because although this particular CS1 didn’t have fog lamps as an option, the fog lamp circuit was available in the car’s wiring. So the actual wiring was simple.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I was hunting for an OEM spoiler for my Lancer CS3A for about a week or so without luck. Did a clean sweep of the Delkanda strip (from Nugegoda to Kottawa), Checked Eur0Nipp0n, U$ @uto P@rts, J@pan L@nka and many other places including places that supply recon parts to UniMo. Even gave a call to a guy in Kurunegala (waiting on his response).

However, there’s this one place that has a Cedia trunk lid (which is a perfect match) with an OEM spoiler and the guy is quoting 34K for it. He was willing to reduce only 10K if I gave my trunk lid in exchange. I'm not too happy about the deal.

If you guys know of any places that could sell me an OEM Lancer CS spoiler, or if you seem to spot one in a shop on your way home :), please let me know. Thanks!

The wing I am looking for is a 2 spoke one (there is a 3 spoke version as well, not that) and it looks as follows:

4600.jpg

Cheers!

PS: trinity, I hope you don’t mind me hijacking your thread a little bit. :)

Davy, personally if you have space I will keep the current boot lid for the future and try to negotiate on the price of the boot lid with spoiler. 10K does sound a little low considering he values the spoiler at 24K, but he has to make a bit of a profit too.

I checked online and the cost seems to be a lot higher plus the advantage of getting the boot lid with the spoiler is that you don't have to drill holes in the body work etc. The spoiler does not look too complicated to make and you can buy a very similar product after market (search for Evo VII spoiler) so its your call.............

Edited by The Don