• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Skirts & A Spoiler For Lancer

trinity

Matching cars with matching plates! Nice work on the spoiler. Do both have new wheels in the future?

Oh, and where were these photos snapped? Nice area!

Wheels, yes for sure. Tried purchasing genuine ones from a guy who didn't want them once but his asking price was too much. Now my financials have hit the rock bottom and need to wait a while before i start spending on the car again and to avid a story like this. :)

Good job Davy and Trinity :) It's great to see the lancer brotherhood.

Thanks machan! Wish we did this when you had your CS1. :)

Elnino how about installing a spoiler to your lancer ex too? :D Wonder how much will that cost...

E L N I N O already has a spoiler if I'm not mistaken and he bought it from the same guy above. The seller told me that the EX and Evo X spoilers go for around 15,000.

ammata hudu Rs. 15000 ? Hey dats a bargain ! :o D, Is it b/new or recon? it is OEM neh?

If only I lived near colombo :/

Its brand new. but not exactly OEM. Made in China, manufactured to original specs. Even came with nuts and bolts and gaskets. For me its still a bargain machan.

ammata hudu Rs. 15000 ? Hey dats a bargain ! :o D, Is it b/new or recon? it is OEM neh?

If only I lived near colombo :/

Brand new. Not OEM - you won't find genuines for this price. They are built to OEM specs and there is absolutely no difference in build quality or appearance.

Edit: Guess trinity beat me to the answer :)

Edited by Davy

just called UN*MO , and asked for the price for Lancer EX spoiler.

" sir 140,000 kata wadi ganak wenne, mama balala harima gana sirta call karala kiyannan"

@feeling WTF :D

Edited by Bracket

just called UN*MO , and asked for the price for Lancer EX spoiler.

" sir 140,000 kata wadi ganak wenne, mama balala harima gana sirta call karala kiyannan"

@feeling WTF :D

Myself & Davy felt the same way when we talked to Unit#d Mot#rs on spoiler prices.. Yesterdy after collecting the spoiler i wen to the Unit#d Mot#rs Orugodawatte service centre to collect the spoiler gaskets which i have ordered previously.

The staff at the spareparts counter remebered me and asked whether i have bought the spoiler for my car as well(cuz at the time of ordering we had only Davy's spoiler). So i showed them what is already in my trunk, they went "ammatasiti mahaththaya meka maru ne". then i told them the price and they couldnt believe it for a while. :)

• Like 2

Wheels, yes for sure. Tried purchasing genuine ones from a guy who didn't want them once but his asking price was too much. Now my financials have hit the rock bottom and need to wait a while before i start spending on the car again and to avid a story like this. :)

HAHA that listing is brilliant! "Other useless Genuine Triumph trinkets"...! :sport-smiley-004:

Elnino how about installing a spoiler to your lancer ex too? :D Wonder how much will that cost...
Thanks machan! Wish we did this when you had your CS1. :)

E L N I N O already has a spoiler if I'm not mistaken and he bought it from the same guy above. The seller told me that the EX and Evo X spoilers go for around 15,000.

Bracket, I got one already bung. BTW I noticed that Trinity kinda need a muffler tip now.

And Davy, yeah I wish we could source the parts back then :) Miss my CS1 when I see your pics.

Edited by E L N I N O

Bracket, I got one already bung. BTW I noticed that Trinity kinda need a muffler tip now.

And Davy, yeah I wish we could source the parts back then :) Miss my CS1 when I see your pics.

100% agreed! We were actually talking about this yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="258712" data-time="1395137550"><p>

<br />

Myself & Davy felt the same way when we talked to Unit#d Mot#rs on spoiler prices.. Yesterdy after collecting the spoiler i wen to the Unit#d Mot#rs Orugodawatte service centre to collect the spoiler gaskets which i have ordered previously.<br />

<br />

The staff at the spareparts counter remebered me and asked whether i have bought the spoiler for my car as well(cuz at the time of ordering we had only Davy's spoiler). So i showed them what is already in my trunk, they went "ammatasiti mahaththaya meka maru ne". then i told them the price and they couldnt believe it for a while. :)</p></blockquote>

Thanks to Davy and trinity, I was able to grab other remaining only spoiler from his latest batch for my cs1 from the same guy yesterday.

@Trinity-why did you order gasket from the agent again as its already delivered with the spoiler?

@Davy-Your DIY is very well written but bug you if required later. Hoping to Fix this in the next weekend

Cheers

Edited by s.madura

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trinity" data-cid="258712" data-time="1395137550"><p>

<br />

Myself & Davy felt the same way when we talked to Unit#d Mot#rs on spoiler prices.. Yesterdy after collecting the spoiler i wen to the Unit#d Mot#rs Orugodawatte service centre to collect the spoiler gaskets which i have ordered previously.<br />

<br />

The staff at the spareparts counter remebered me and asked whether i have bought the spoiler for my car as well(cuz at the time of ordering we had only Davy's spoiler). So i showed them what is already in my trunk, they went "ammatasiti mahaththaya meka maru ne". then i told them the price and they couldnt believe it for a while. :)</p></blockquote>

Thanks to Davy and trinity, I was able to grab other remaining only spoiler from his latest batch for my cs1 from the same guy yesterday.

@Trinity-why did you order gasket from the agent again as its already delivered with the spoiler?

@Davy-Your DIY is very well written but bug you if required later. Hoping to Fix this in the next weekend

Cheers

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that the spoiler landed on the hands of a CS1 owner. I've seen many FB14s and even a AE100 with CS spoilers which should ideally be on Lancers. :)

As for your question with regard to the gaskets... Well I was the first to pick the spoiler from this dude and my spoiler never came with any of the mounting bits and the gaskets, which is why I had trinity order them for me (and himself, cause he thought he'd need them too). I didn't know that it came with the installation kit and I'm sure the guy has the installation kit lying around somewhere in his shop, but I didn't bother cause I had the original gaskets.

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that the spoiler landed on the hands of a CS1 owner. I've seen many FB14s and even a AE100 with CS spoilers which should ideally be on Lancers. :)

As for your question with regard to the gaskets... Well I was the first to pick the spoiler from this dude and my spoiler never came with any of the mounting bits and the gaskets, which is why I had trinity order them for me (and himself, cause he thought he'd need them too). I didn't know that it came with the installation kit and I'm sure the guy has the installation kit lying around somewhere in his shop, but I didn't bother cause I had the original gaskets.

Thanks Davy. looks all good to go ahead with fixing the spoiler then.

Called Hashen two weeks ago. Said he'll follow up never did

@ komi. Same thing happened to me as well but the next day I rang him again and got it confirmed that he is having a spoiler. just give another try

Called Hashen two weeks ago. Said he'll follow up never did

It was the same with me and trinity also. He tends to forget that you told him that you'll be there in 10 minutes to collect something. I had to wait half an hour until the guy turned up with my spoiler. Just keep bugging him and he'll remember you. That's what I did. :D

• 1 month later...

Superb Machan.. Car looks complete now isn't it... Glad to be a part of this.

• 5 months later...

This is specially for Lancer CS enthusiasts Trinity & Davy.

On my visit to Taiwan last week, noted that Mistubishi Lancer CS model is very famous there.

Mostly they use 1.8L version.

There were few differences in front and rear appearance and could click some photos.

(Sorry for poor photo quality)

Rear Appearance

Type A

1_zpsd7b97aff.jpg

Type B

3_zpsef0f7974.jpg

2_zps4344ebae.jpg

4_zps88a0d11c.jpg

Type C

5_zpsfbe3c6bc.jpg

Front Appearance

This looks like Nissan Sunny N16. :)