• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Skirts & A Spoiler For Lancer

trinity

Davy, personally if you have space I will keep the current boot lid for the future and try to negotiate on the price of the boot lid with spoiler. 10K does sound a little low considering he values the spoiler at 24K, but he has to make a bit of a profit too.

I checked online and the cost seems to be a lot higher plus the advantage of getting the boot lid with the spoiler is that you don't have to drill holes in the body work etc. The spoiler does not look too complicated to make and you can buy a very similar product after market (search for Evo VII spoiler) so its your call.............

Thanks Don, I understand what you mean and I agree with you on the fact that it’s better to get the trunk lid with the spoiler rather than messing up the existing one by drilling holes etc. 34K is something I am not too comfortable with right now, so the best bet is for me to give up my trunk lid and get the lid with the spoiler following a payment of 24k.

As for fabricating a spoiler… I don’t think that’s something I want to settle for machang. I guess my requirement is too specific. :) Oh and the Evo VII spoiler is not the one, that is bigger and a bit more aggressive than the one in the image I have shared in my post above. But you’re absolutely right about the higher price online.

Anyway, my car is at the paint workshop right now and it’s still being prepared for the bodywork, so I have a couple of more days until I can hunt for one. Got to know about another place at Bellanthota (thanks to trinity) and I will be checking it out tomorrow.

Fingers crossed…

PS: trinity, I hope you don’t mind me hijacking your thread a little bit. :)

Hey no prob at all machan... hope you'd be able find the spoiler soon. please update with pics once you are done. Also we could dedicate this thread to OEM mods done to Lancers... Everyone are welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...

Davy check these two...

I'm having trouble logging in to my mail...

http://www.ebay.com/...16798c1&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...1cb3b06&vxp=mtr

Machang, the first one is the identical one we checked out on Amazon (but a lot cheaper). Sent a message to the seller asking about shipping.

The second one however is a spoiler for the CK series and not the CS.

An update about my spoiler hunt... As for the Cedia trunk lid (which was the only option back then), I decided to let it go because the cost was way over my budget for a spoiler. And I feel like ordering an OEM spoiler off eBay seems better. Thanks for pointing me in that direction trinity.

Does anyone know about the taxes that I will be charged at customs for bringing down one that costs about 55 USD?

Machang, the first one is the identical one we checked out on Amazon (but a lot cheaper). Sent a message to the seller asking about shipping.

An update about my spoiler hunt... As for the Cedia trunk lid (which was the only option back then), I decided to let it go because the cost was way over my budget for a spoiler. And I feel like ordering an OEM spoiler off eBay seems better. Thanks for pointing me in that direction trinity.

Does anyone know about the taxes that I will be charged at customs for bringing down one that costs about 55 USD?

Variable and dependent on their mood. Anywhere between 30%-100% on a value they assign. Which you can be assured will be more than 55usd.

Variable and dependent on their mood. Anywhere between 30%-100% on a value they assign. Which you can be assured will be more than 55usd.

Right. so, still the total comes up to an amount significantly less than the value of the item (a used one that is) in Sri Lanka. Thanks for the info machang. Will keep everyone posted.

Ah didn't see that the second one is for CK... my bad.. if the shipping charges are fare in the first one i think its the better option than the amazon... we'll see..

Nice to see an unmolested Lancer for once! You need wheels Trinity! Proper ones please, dont buy the Bangkok cheapo ones :P

Thanks Octanehead :)

Yeah i know i need wheels.. i wanted to get a set of OEM wheels for a while but had to postponed it due to Financial issues.. Once i made an offer to a Lancer owner when he was changing his Genuine wheels for some Thai made ones, but he refused saying that he is keeping the originals at home with him... Anyway if i'm changing the wheels, it will only be OEM ones for Lancer CS or Lancer Cedias... Nothing else... :)

Can I suggest a Lowering springs too? :D

Ammo.,.. No way.. I'd like to keep my hardly collected body kit in one piece machan... :)

• 1 year later...

After over 2 years of searching for an OEM spoiler for my CS3 (for a sane price) I finally hit the jackpot. First and foremost I must say that I wouldn’t have gone and picked this up if it weren’t for trinity. Tracked it down after seeing an ad on a local website and the price was just below 10,000 (brand new)! I was damn lucky ‘cause I picked up the last one of the batch that they had imported.

After having it for over a month in my trunk, I got it painted last week. And as always I wanted the job to be as original as possible, so I tried to get everything done to factory specs.

trinity picked up the mounting gaskets for me from UniMo (the last two in stock and both were for the left side). Placed an order for the right side – gonna run on 3M double sided tape on that side until this comes down.

5pc8_zpsfppu5fiu.JPG.778d59025613f2896ae25bbcccdc437e.JPG

I had to take the car to a garage to get the trunk lid drilled because I don’t have one with me. It was pretty easy locating the spots to drill because this was an OEM spoiler and the trunk lid had markings (on the under side) on the spots to be drilled. 4 holes for the mounting bolts and 1 more on the left side for the stop light wire. The trunk lid bumpers (two rubber bushes on either side) had to be removed temporarily to drill the holes and mount the wing.

After the holes were drilled, I test fitted the spoiler and began work back at home. I made sure that no metal was exposed around the drilled holes (that would cause the trunk lid to corrode) by applying matching paint.

Here's me geared up for the install.

njot_zpsfjyyrq1i.thumb.JPG.c7b50acc766a0e1f4408c3f0844731a4.JPG

Positioned and pasted the gaskets on the spoiler and mounted the spoiler using 4 bolts. Two of the bolts are a bit hard to be fastened if they have a hex head because a socket wrench cannot be manoeuvred inside the space through which it has to be fastened. So I had to use a bolt with a Philips head for those two screws (as instructed by the manufacturer in the workshop manual as well).

Bought black flexible PVC wire insulation and made a cut along the wall from one end to the other to make it easy for the wire to be inserted. Covered both ends using black insulation tape.

gqeg_zps7irgc0kd.thumb.JPG.b81dae6c6c01e0b58b7efa842b677bba.JPG

My car already has a third stop light behind the rear windscreen. On CS Lancers that came with the spoiler from the factory, they don’t have this as the spoiler itself has a stop light. So I disconnected the third stop light (by removing the bulb). I didn’t want to cut and chop any wires as well and after looking around a bit, I discovered that the manufacturer has provided a way to tap into the third stop light connector by just plugging two (+ and -) wires to the connector as shown below. The externally plugged in wire can be secured with a piece of plastic that can be snapped into place. That was a huge relief!

ykac_zps9ljubdig.thumb.JPG.e726e1457e57f4d41da4dd6ec89d41d6.JPG

All done.

xd5d_zps4arv72el.JPG.e6f44e211412d58a842217df2ccce727.JPG

3xz1_zps2uad8if8.JPG.b1cc5394da0c784adb98cc466d68068e.JPG

Continued...

Edited by Davy
Fixed broken image links
  • Like 2

oh yeh..finally.. Super happy for you machan.. I know how much this means to you.. Glad that i could be a part of it.. If only these cars knew how much we love them..

So this thread is a complete one with your update.. I will update the thread with missing photos and make it a 100% updated one.. I need help of moderators to move few other posts to this topic which were raised in some other thread.. Will begin it tomorrow as its not possible to do it using the 5 year old nokia.. :-p

Once again Bravo for the end result..

Cheers!

• Like 1

Okay,,, updated the photos.

Its been over 3 years since i have started the thread. Davy searched for a OEM spoiler over 2 years. I'm glad that we both got what we wanted. Well i still need to find a spoiler to say my dream is 100% fulfilled. But for now i'm happy and gonna keep on looking for an OEM spoiler until i get a one or i sell the car.

Patience and Never give up is the motto!!

Cheers!!!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Okay,,, updated the photos.

Its been over 3 years since i have started the thread. Davy searched for a OEM spoiler over 2 years. I'm glad that we both got what we wanted. Well i still need to find a spoiler to say my dream is 100% fulfilled. But for now i'm happy and gonna keep on looking for an OEM spoiler until i get a one or i sell the car.

Patience and Never give up is the motto!!

Cheers!!!

It still makes my heart leap after seeing the before and after photos of your car with the OEM bodykit. All that's missing now is to get the spoiler and I hope you get it within the next month or so. Forgot that you colour key'd the door handles and side mirrors. Certainly looks sharp!

Nice addition, Davy! Are you changing the wheels too? I'm thinking...White!

Thank you! Yes Jaliya, the rims are the ones that were on the car when I bought it, and they've got to be my least favourite thing about the car. As for the colour, I was thinking more like gunmetal gray. :) Say something like what trinity has shared in the pic in this post?

Edited by Davy

Thank you! Yes Jaliya, the rims are the ones that were on the car when I bought it, and they've got to be my least favourite thing about the car. As for the colour, I was thinking more like gunmetal gray. :) Say something like what trinity has shared in the pic in this post?

Hmm...not bad! What style are you looking at?

Hmm...not bad! What style are you looking at?

Sorry for the late reply. The OZ Rally version of the Lancer CS came with OZ Racing wheels which look like this:

8Q_640.jpg

While this is original, I think it's too subtle and was thinking of something like 16 inch OZ Racing F1 rims (gunmetal gray). This is a longshot but it's what I have in mind. :)

oz_1209324338.jpg

Edited by Davy

@Davy, Wow. now the car looks awesome machan. Get the wheels and make it a complete package. Btw, did someone messed around with your rear GLX badge? Part of the X is missing it seems or am i seeing a photo illusion?

Edited by LashNeo

@Davy, Wow. now the car looks awesome machan. Get the wheels and make it a complete package. Btw, did someone messed around with your rear GLX badge? Part of the X is missing it seems or am i seeing a photo illusion?

Thanks machan! Wheels are a long shot right now with all other engagements I'm having, but it's something that I have in mind. :) The GLX badge is intact, I guess it's the angle from which the photo was taken.