• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volkswagen Repairs

Suds72

Question

My car is VW Bora -2002 B/N. I have 2 questions and hope some experts here would help me.

1. I am getting a mild knocking sound when I drive on rough roads. One guy told me it is due to the broken lower arm bushes and stabilizer bar bushes. Could that be true ? Can any body recommend a place to get it repaired ?

2. I was always doing the services at the agent and they are using Mobile fully synthetic 5W-50. The same guy told me that we do not get any benifit here by using the fully synthetic oils. He says instead it is better to use a normal oil and do the services at say every 4000 -5000 kms. Is that true ?

Thanks in advance for your valuable responses.

12 answers to this question

1. Yes

Could you recommend me a good place to get it repaired ?

2. Your mechanic is an idiot who doesn't know anything about synthetic oils.

Could you please explain the difference between the fully synthetic and normal oil and what are the benefits

My car is VW Bora -2002 B/N. I have 2 questions and hope some experts here would help me.

1. I am getting a mild knocking sound when I drive on rough roads. One guy told me it is due to the broken lower arm bushes and stabilizer bar bushes. Could that be true ? Can any body recommend a place to get it repaired ?

2. I was always doing the services at the agent and they are using Mobile fully synthetic 5W-50. The same guy told me that we do not get any benifit here by using the fully synthetic oils. He says instead it is better to use a normal oil and do the services at say every 4000 -5000 kms. Is that true ?

Just for the record, who exactly is your mechanic? is he a guy who specialized in VW/Audi products or just a normal garage guy.

As for a place to get it repaired, drop me a PM, will dig up a number.

Just for the record, who exactly is your mechanic? is he a guy who specialized in VW/Audi products or just a normal garage guy.

The guy is not my normal repair guy. This is the guy who is running the garage www.advancedcardiagnostics.com.

I went to him to get the oil changed.

As for a place to get it repaired, drop me a PM, will dig up a number.

You can't receive PMs

Sometimes oil manufactures may try to create big images to 'synthetic' oils (same as everyone now try to include 'nano' technology in their products), but when i was studying on lubrications and their engineering properties, felt it might not be that much of advantageous especially when considering running conditions (rpms) etc.

But cant comment further or give a exact answer cos I have to read some more n see. :)

Let me share an experience where I found a noticeable difference between Mineral and Synthetic Oils....

Some time back, I put a second hand engine into one of my cars... and as per the mechanics used the regular Lanka Super SAE40 for the first time since I was not sure what had been used in the new engine previously and wanted to flush it after running for a while.

Everything was fine with the new engine except for the fact that it never would start up first shot in the morning when cold. I always had to crank it 3 or 4 times. The mechanics checked everything.... Injectors, Fuel Pumps, Cold Start Injector, Vaccuum hoses and found nothing wrong..... and finally gave up. I too had pretty much accepted the fact that there must be some type of mismatch between engine and ECU.

Everything else was fine so after a couple more weeks I changed the oil to Mobil 1 and quite unexpectedly all the starting problems just vanished.

Mechanic also was shocked because he also used to go on and on about me wasting money on Synthetic Oil.... :)

Thanks.

I know this guy already. The issue is he is so busy and almost impossible to get hold of :)

eh? Really? Thats quite odd....

I got to know him a couple of months back when a friend of mine bought a Passat and he was always available to do my friend's work. Thanks to him, I went and bought one myself last week and my car is with the guy right now. He IS fairly busy but havent had problems getting hold of him personally...