• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Alarm System Prices And Types

carbuddy

HI

I want to install a remote security system including remote start to my car. How much would it cost?????????????????? please let me know. thanks

last time i checked in s#n l#nka the price was 11200 remote start security system :D

To warm up/ cool down the car in SL winter/summer? :rolleyes: just pulling your leg :P

Lol. I had a remote starter to warm my car up in the winter. Mainly because it would bet to -20 every once in a while but don't really see a need to have one to cool your car down. I would think that in this country of people worried about fuel consumption they would be worried about leaving their car running. It takes a lot less time to cool a car down than warm it up. Just roll the windows and switch the a/c on until the warm air is out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I want to know the prices and types of Car Alarm Systems and places (For a Alto lxi).

Thanks

I have car tracking system installed by my self on my car. Took 20mins to do so and I know where my car is up to 10m accuracy at any time anywhere. it costs only sms charge to check location. no arm disarm procedures. Just install and foget about that. Uses GPS and GSM technology and cost is Rs.13500 for buy that one.

I also bought (through a friend from US) Viper 5901 security system which cost me 40k to get down here. (I just love advanced tech stuff. not really cars.)

this is (one of) most advanced car security systems available today with two way remote and remote engine start.

Hi All,

I want to know the prices and types of Car Alarm Systems and places (For a Alto lxi).

Thanks

Just out of curiosity... why is it that the good old steering / pedal / gear locks not being discussed / considered, eh?

If the idea is to deter a potential car thief, a 'difficult to remove' looking wheel lock might be a better and a far more reliable solution than messing with the circuits of your car through some half baked baas!

Besides, how many of you experienced that certain frequencies of the remotes may get jammed in some locations due to various reasons, rendering the whole security system loading process in a mess!

Edited by seeker

I have car tracking system installed by my self on my car. Took 20mins to do so and I know where my car is up to 10m accuracy at any time anywhere. it costs only sms charge to check location. no arm disarm procedures. Just install and foget about that. Uses GPS and GSM technology and cost is Rs.13500 for buy that one.

Could you give more details of this car tracking system please.

Any web link to the details ?

Where did you buy from (in SL or US) ?

thanks

Re: types of car alarm system, I remembered some things that may interest some of you.

(Many would already know these)

* In most alarm systems, when you unlock, all 4 doors get unlocked. If you like, try get a system with double unlock. First unlock button press, unlocks the driver door only. Second press, unlock the other 3 doors. I have seen this type of unlock system coming factory fitted in some cars that have central locking. In other cars, this functionality may have to be fabricated. I have seen such a feature in a car where this has been fabricated by using the boot release feature in some remote keys to unlock the other 3 doors while the first press only unlocks the driver door.

Why would one want such a feature? Well if you have experienced a situation where you unlock your car and an unwelcome passenger gets in from the other side, you too may want. :rolleyes:

* If you have a hatch back type of car (or what ever that has a rare door that allows access into the inside of the car easily), and opening the rare door does not switch on some interior light (because most low end alarm systems I have seen will use the signal from the switch in each door post for the interior lights to trigger the alarm when a door opens), the chances are that anyone can open the rare door with a key and the alarm will not trigger. Some places that install alarms will install an additional switch that will get activated when the rare door is opened. I have seen some fitting a similar switch to the bonnet.

* If your alarm comes with a shock sensor (most do), find out how to adjust the sensitivity your self. You would not want the alarm to go off when a car passes in the road or there is heavy thunder.

* Explore the differences in normal lock and mute lock modes. Some alarms systems, when mute locked, will only flash the signal lights when the shock sensor is triggered up to a certain number of triggers. Other alarm systems behave differently and you need a separate lock sequence to make this happen.

Could you give more details of this car tracking system please.

Any web link to the details ?

Where did you buy from (in SL or US) ?

thanks

I bought tracking system from person who import items form US. However it is made in china. from,

http://goo.gl/4ajLY

details,

*it can track car using GPS and GSM, accuracy with in 10m

*can define virtual fence where if car leave that fenced Reagen it will send you sms.

*real time tracking possible but needs to hook up unit with web server with static IP

*can command to send x positions for each t time intervals.

*you can hear conversations inside car. (voice survalance)

*takes about 1 min to get response and you only have to dial car to get position details.

*works nice with Google maps

• 8 months later...

I bought tracking system from person who import items form US. However it is made in china. from,

http://goo.gl/4ajLY

details,

*it can track car using GPS and GSM, accuracy with in 10m

*can define virtual fence where if car leave that fenced Reagen it will send you sms.

*real time tracking possible but needs to hook up unit with web server with static IP

*can command to send x positions for each t time intervals.

*you can hear conversations inside car. (voice survalance)

*takes about 1 min to get response and you only have to dial car to get position details.

*works nice with Google maps

Thanks for the info. Sounds very interesting.

Sorry I had missed your post. Found it when searching for something else. The info you were pointing to seems to be no longer available :(. If you know the brand and model name of the device could you please share it.

(Of course some Chinese products don't have names :) )

Edited by eyepea

Thanks for the info. Sounds very interesting.

Sorry I had missed your post. Found it when searching for something else. The info you were pointing to seems to be no longer available :(. If you know the brand and model name of the device could you please share it.

(Of course some Chinese products don't have names :) )

Try ebay for GPS vehicle Trackers. I bought one of these off ebay. (model XEXUN TK-103)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gps+gsm+tracker+tk103&_sacat=0&_odkw=gps+gsm+tracker+tk102&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Edited by hyacc

One of my friends fixed a car security system with an immobilizer recently from S*N La*** and he told me they cut the original wire harness in order to connect that device and when he parked the car in his garage the engine has been started automatically and he was unable to stop it until the fuel tank was empty. Anyhow S*N La*** people have towed it to their place and repaired it for free of charge and luckily the vehicle is perfectly fine now. It's a push button start model car. SO I thought it's better not to fix any of those Chinese stuff to my valuable vehicle unless a stock branded security system from agents. Also those chaps have drilled holes in the rear bumper in order to fix sensors and the bumper is over 70k rupees according to the agents.

One of my friends fixed a car security system with an immobilizer recently from S*N La*** and he told me they cut the original wire harness in order to connect that device and when he parked the car in his garage the engine has been started automatically and he was unable to stop it until the fuel tank was empty. Anyhow S*N La*** people have towed it to their place and repaired it for free of charge and luckily the vehicle is perfectly fine now. It's a push button start model car. SO I thought it's better not to fix any of those Chinese stuff to my valuable vehicle unless a stock branded security system from agents. Also those chaps have drilled holes in the rear bumper in order to fix sensors and the bumper is over 70k rupees according to the agents.

Not sure if sun lanka made a mistake or not but here's two things I know for certain.

1. The original wiring harnedd of the car needs to be spilce at certain wires. If not you cannot install an aftermarket system. It's not like you can plug it right in.

2. The bumper had to be drilled to install reverse sensors properly.If he decides to remove the sensors later on, the bumper can be repaired for relatively cheap.

3. Since sun lanlka towed the car for free, their service seems impressive.

4. Good luck trying to buy a "stock braned security system from the agents."

• Like 1

Hi Bro,

What did you mean by "replaced all my locks" ? did the locks malfunctioned?

I am also thinking about to install central lock+seciruty system for my corolla wagon ( EE-102)...

Sorry for the late reply mate. Couldn't read this thread for sometime.. :(

"replaced all my locks" means, i changed the keys. Installed new locks for doors, boot, ignition. Since you have new locks its hard for anyone who try to break-in.. :)

Its good to do this before fixing security systems for old cars.

Another thing: I don't recoment fixing after market security systems to cars which comes with factory fitted security systems to get more features. After market security system wirings are not that profetional. If you can, look under the steering wheel wire harnes of a car whick has fixed a after market security system. Anyone can guess which wire / fuse to dis-connect to disarm the security system.. :) :) (In a factory fitted security systems you cannot see such wiring)

Another thing: I don't recoment fixing after market security systems to cars which comes with factory fitted security systems to get more features. After market security system wirings are not that profetional. If you can, look under the steering wheel wire harnes of a car whick has fixed a after market security system. Anyone can guess which wire / fuse to dis-connect to disarm the security system.. :) :) (In a factory fitted security systems you cannot see such wiring)

FFS When someone is stealing a car, he's not going to spend time trying to figure out which wires to cut while the alarm is going off. You sir, have been watching too many movies. The main point of an alarm is that it acts as a deterent. The thief gets scared once the siren goes off and if he were to steal the car he would now have to do it at a higher risk of getting caught. If I were going to steal your car with a "factory security system" I would pop the hood, take out the negative cable at the battery and tow the car.

Alarms aren't a sure way of preventing theft, it does however help lessen the chances by scaring off thieves.

FFS When someone is stealing a car, he's not going to spend time trying to figure out which wires to cut while the alarm is going off. You sir, have been watching too many movies. The main point of an alarm is that it acts as a deterent. The thief gets scared once the siren goes off and if he were to steal the car he would now have to do it at a higher risk of getting caught. If I were going to steal your car with a "factory security system" I would pop the hood, take out the negative cable at the battery and tow the car.

Alarms aren't a sure way of preventing theft, it does however help lessen the chances by scaring off thieves.

Heh hee.. True True True.. :)

Sorry for the late reply mate. Couldn't read this thread for sometime.. :(

"replaced all my locks" means, i changed the keys. Installed new locks for doors, boot, ignition. Since you have new locks its hard for anyone who try to break-in.. :)

Its good to do this before fixing security systems for old cars.

Ohhh Thanks for anyway.. On that time myself was looking install a security system for my wagon. But I allready fixed a security system from S*n L*nk* on last April. had install the central locking system too since my EE102 corolla DX wagon does not come with factory fitted C/L system.

It is a one way security system. Basicaly my requirement was car alarm + auto door lock feature. Model was Steelmate 838..

Hi There, Im not trying to defend or save them,

The reason im staying this is because of the outstanding A+ Customer service i got from them,

Just because some one had a bad experience, that doesn't mean they are like that.

i Strongly recommenced these guys for all car accessories and their services.

Dont just take my word , if you really want great parts and service , Just go check them out,

THEN COME WRITE A REVIEW HERE !!! :)

I went to A$$pal recently to check a car subwoofer. The guys didn't even looked at me until 5 minutes or so. was so busy looking @ the computer screens and talking on the phone (there were 2 ppl). And finally the fellow asked and it took him another 5 minutes to call some person and check the prices of the units.

I just said thanks and went out. Lol