• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Alarm System Prices And Types

carbuddy

The last time I checked car alarms (w/o central locking) will cost 3000 upwards. Plenty of places in T B Jaya Mawatha. If you look at Hit add you can find plenty of places. I can direct you to the best guy in town ( a member of AL) if you PM me.

It may be useful to check the features of the alarm type you intend buying in detail, perhaps compare to what is already fitted on your friends cars.

I was using a basic alarm of say type A.

If the car is already locked and I press lock button in the remote, the signal lights blink. Good. I know car is locked or if it were not, at least now it is locked :rolleyes:

I started using another car fitted with a basic alarm of another type B.

In that, if the car is already locked and I press the lock button in the remote, the signal lights don't blink.

This is very annoying specially when you are at a distance. :angry:

Now I don't know whether the car is actually locked or the remote was too far away for the signal to be picked up by the receiver in the car. So to make sure, I have to unlock it once and then lock again. The find car feature only makes car beep and if you are at a distance and in rain not much use as you will not hear the beep. :angry-smiley-048: In type A, find car, also flashes the lights.

Asked the people who handle that type of alarm whether this behaviour could be changed, and the answer was negative. (either the alarm cannot be made to work like type A, or those guys have no idea how to :D )

A small point, but can be *very* annoying at times.

It may be useful to check the features of the alarm type you intend buying in detail, perhaps compare to what is already fitted on your friends cars.

If the car is already locked and I press lock button in the remote, the signal lights blink. Good. I know car is locked or if it were not, at least now it is locked :rolleyes:

In that, if the car is already locked and I press the lock button in the remote, the signal lights don't blink.

Now I don't know whether the car is actually locked or the remote was too far away for the signal to be picked up by the receiver in the car. So to make sure, I have to unlock it once and then lock again. The find car feature only makes car beep and if you are at a distance and in rain not much use as you will not hear the beep. :angry-smiley-048: In type A, find car, also flashes the lights.

Asked the people who handle that type of alarm whether this behaviour could be changed, and the answer was negative. (either the alarm cannot be made to work like type A, or those guys have no idea how to :D )

YES most of the remote sensors are very poor for few distance. actually where we can set up a good system to a best price?/

Hi Guys,

try Auto Pal @ Narahenpita ( Central locking + Car Alarm around 10000 with 18 month warranty).

I have an issue with my Alarm system. It didn't make any sound at Night (may be a temperature issue. )

Dose any one aware about this???

Thanks.

Edited by carbuddy

Hi Guys,

try Auto Pal @ Narahenpita ( Central locking + Car Alarm around 10000 with 18 month warranty).

I have an issue with my Alarm system. It didn't make any sound at Night (may be a temperature issue. )

Thanks.

wasnt Auto pal where Speedfreak or someone had some bad experience with customer-service?

wasnt Auto pal where Speedfreak or someone had some bad experience with customer-service?

Ya, can somebody alse let us know abt Autop*l service cuz even when I checked for prices on Security Systems at the Colombo Motor Show, Autopal was the only one with 18months warranty !

I'm having doubts whether they will live upto their word after some bad expeirence someone at AL had with them.

I fixed cetral locking + security system for 12K from SN Lnka near wattala abt a year ago for a corolla wagon and still its working fine. I had a issue with the hazard light and they fixed it too with no additional charge <hazard light is needed for the security system>. i'm quite happy with the service. I'm also planning to fix a secu system for a VW Beetle too. they said they can fix it.

TIP - I replaced all my locks from a garage before fixing sec system. It's upto you mate.. :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

U'll have to argue when u go to claim warranty and these people call their customers Idiots

and Better be armed with a weapon because the idiotic Shop owner may try to attack you

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, can somebody alse let us know abt Autop*l service cuz even when I checked for prices on Security Systems at the Colombo Motor Show, Autopal was the only one with 18months warranty !

I'm having doubts whether they will live upto their word after some bad experience someone at AL had with them.

YES, they will definitely live up to their word. Here is what I have to tell you, I been knowing this guys from day one and I have dealt with them lot of times. I was a customer of Sun Lanka before and I have paid them more and less warranty. and not one to one replacement. i assure you that they live up to there word.

Hi All,

I want to know the prices and types of Car Alarm Systems and places (For a Alto lxi).

Thanks

I totally disagree with SpEeD FrEak about the pricing and service from AUTOPAL. I know that there prices of Central Locking System with Remote Rs. 4,500/= with 18 months warranty, and Full Car Alarm System except Engine Start Rs. 5,800/- with 18 months warranty, The Brand Name is AUTOBEST + INWELLS and also in case any thing happens they will give you one to one replacement. not like Sun Lanka repair the stuff.

TIP - I replaced all my locks from a garage before fixing sec system. It's upto you mate.. :)

Hi Bro,

What did you mean by "replaced all my locks" ? did the locks malfunctioned?

I am also thinking about to install central lock+seciruty system for my corolla wagon ( EE-102)...

I totally disagree with SpEeD FrEak about the pricing and service from AUTOPAL. I know that there prices of Central Locking System with Remote Rs. 4,500/= with 18 months warranty, and Full Car Alarm System except Engine Start Rs. 5,800/- with 18 months warranty, The Brand Name is AUTOBEST + INWELLS and also in case any thing happens they will give you one to one replacement. not like Sun Lanka repair the stuff.

All your posts(whole 3 of em) seem to be defending autopal. Hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Hi Bro,

I've notice that you have joined this forum today and all the 3 posts you have entered were subjected about saving the a** of AutoPal and its so called CEO. I wonder why is R u doing it?(Just curious, and I wonder some of the members in this forum are having the same question)

A really good point mate. Thanks for sharing.

All your posts(whole 3 of em) seem to be defending autopal. Hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Hi There, Im not trying to defend or save them,

The reason im staying this is because of the outstanding A+ Customer service i got from them,

Just because some one had a bad experience, that doesn't mean they are like that.

i Strongly recommenced these guys for all car accessories and their services.

Dont just take my word , if you really want great parts and service , Just go check them out,

THEN COME WRITE A REVIEW HERE !!! :)

Hi Bro,

I've notice that you have joined this forum today and all the 3 posts you have entered were subjected about saving the a** of AutoPal and its so called CEO. I wonder why is R u doing it?(Just curious, and I wonder some of the members in this forum are having the same question)

The reason im staying this is because of the outstanding A+ Customer service i got from them,

Just because some one had a bad experience, that doesn't mean they are like that.

Dont just take my word , if you really want great parts and service , Just go check them out,

I'd say the chaps who replied on this thread have already done that. And its not surprising that you get A+ service if your pals with the CEO. Doesn't mean that same service is extended to those off the street.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry for digging up this thread again. So as some of you might know my parents bought a Townace CR51 few months ago. Now my dad would like to install a central locking system with remote. By reading the thread I understand it is quite easy and cheap to get one over there and they do the installation as well. I have a few questions regading this

1) Is a Townace CR51 model compatible to install a after market central locking system?

2) Do they just provide the central locking by it self or the immobiliser as well?

3) Where is the best place to get this done from? (I would like to get this done from some one who knows what they are doing)

4) Price is not an issue but if some one has a rough idea I would appreciate it.

5) Any particular brands which are known to be trouble free?

Cheers

Edited by Skyline R33