• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Prices After Budget

tombo

Hi,

The prices of the cars are not predictable in Sri lanka, Everybody thought after the tax deduction, the second hand market will come down, nothing has happened, indeed the prices have gone up for some famous models. The government has declared there will be no change in the vehicle tax in the budget, therefore there will be no changes in the prices.If any one waiting, to buy a second hand car for reduced prices, there is no point.Bargain to the best possible price & buy.

What are the possible prediction about vehicle prices after this budget specially used vehicles

They're gonna raise tax by 3000% for ever kind of mobile transport (even prams) and then they're gonna send Pyramid Head to go around sticking pins in people who buy up used cars.

And then Doomsday is gonna blast down here and kill Superman, and Bane's gonna break Batman's back.

Oh wait. The latter already happened. Damn it, Crystal Ball!

Hi,

The prices of the cars are not predictable in Sri lanka, Everybody thought after the tax deduction, the second hand market will come down, nothing has happened, indeed the prices have gone up for some famous models. The government has declared there will be no change in the vehicle tax in the budget, therefore there will be no changes in the prices.If any one waiting, to buy a second hand car for reduced prices, there is no point.Bargain to the best possible price & buy.

Agreed, Gov. may not change the Tax, but there are other factors which can effect to car Market.

1. if Govenement decide to offer another Duty free round for Docters and Engineers (and this time for Board and other gov institiute staff as well)

2. as heard, each day 300 cars get declear from Port, so this trend diffinitly should effect to car market unless some came from Mass & buy these much of cars.

what you all think ?

who cares.. if u like something bargain and try to get it.. if not i dont think we can answer these question about taxes and prices.. this is a land like no other... anything is possible.. maybe tommorrw all cars might get banned.. thats the kinda country we live in.. so deal with it...

They're gonna raise tax by 3000% for ever kind of mobile transport (even prams) and then they're gonna send Pyramid Head to go around sticking pins in people who buy up used cars.

And then Doomsday is gonna blast down here and kill Superman, and Bane's gonna break Batman's back.

Oh wait. The latter already happened. Damn it, Crystal Ball!

Dude I don't know what your smoking but it is a factual fact of truth that car prices won't matter after 2012. Imma going to build myself a fallout shelter and stay there and after everyone dies after 2012 I can have all the cars I need.

• 4 years later...