• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Recommend A Laptop.

Machang same specs but it has a 40GB HDD and 1.5Ghz procesor

well then its either the choice for a better hard disk or very minute processing power. I will suggest you do some research on hard drive problems before making the choice as i have heard 60Gb's being more prone to problems than 40Gb's.

ryte now i am kind of stuck wth a new asus motherboard for my desktop. the problems in that are said to be 'normal' by the main agent here. LOL. So i think u do some research on the particular model's before buying one.

Definetly i dont need a 60GB HDD. There is another thing out of technical argument. HP doesnt look that good, its silver and looks like a toy where as the Acer got a cool slim design with lot of convinence like al the ports (mic,speakers,bluetooth) are in the front. Oh, the HP notebook does not have bluetooth/wireless conectivity at all

Guys,

I got this other offer from Toshiba where they are offering the below for 80k...

Model - L30-C330

Intel Celeron M380 1.6GHz

256RAM

40GB

128VGA

And a IBM with same features for 90K

The Lap top looked very professional. Where as the HP looks very much like a toy, The Acer looks good. Now when I say the looks , I mean the look of durability. Acer looks as if it will be worn off where the hands gets into contact with the PC. I think thats a concern too

Anyway. Is the Toshiba better? I coudlnt beleive Toshia will have something for 80K

did you buy your notebook? i can get u the below with 1 year warranty. Warranty will be given from the Intel distributor, so no issues on that.

Pentium M 1.6G

60GB

512MB

Combo drive

Intel wireless card

15" XGA screen

for 75K

What's the brand?

did you buy your notebook? i can get u the below with 1 year warranty. Warranty will be given from the Intel distributor, so no issues on that.

Pentium M 1.6G

60GB

512MB

Combo drive

Intel wireless card

15" XGA screen

for 75K

Damn, i bought sorta the same specs for like 160K, 2 yrs back tho! and it was compaq! but still damn!

Pentium M 1.6G

60GB

512MB

Combo drive

Intel wireless card

15" XGA screen

for 75K

Hi machang, is this branded?

• 8 years later...

Guys Im thinking of going for a Toshiba Satellite L50D-B013

The specs are:

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64bit)
  • Processor: AMD A8-6410M Quad Core (2.0GHz-2.4GHz, 1866MHz MC, 4MB L3 Cache)
  • Display: 15.6" (39.6cm) Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display (1366 x 768)
  • Memory: 8GB DDR3L (1600Mhz) RAM
  • Storage: 1TB (5400rpm) SATA HDD
  • Graphics Engine: 2GB AMD Radeon R5 M230 Graphics
  • Optical Drive: DVD-SuperMulti Drive
  • Sound/Audio: Skullcandy sound with combined Microphone & Headphone ports
  • Camera: HD Webcam/Microphone
  • Communications:
    • Ethernet: 10/100Mbps LAN
    • Wireless: 802.11(b/g/n) WLAN
    • Bluetooth: Toshiba Bluetooth V4.0
  • I/O Ports:
  • 3 x USB Ports (2 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB 2.0) + Sleep & Charge
  • 1 x Bridge Media Slot (SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC)
  • 1 x SVGA Video Port - RGB
  • 1 x HDMI
  • Power: Battery, AC Adapter & Power Cable included
  • Dimensions: Approx. (W) 38cm x (D) 25.9cm x (H) 2.35cm
  • Weight: Approx. 2.2kg
  • Colour: Luxe White
  • Part Number: PSKUQA-01300S
  • Model: L50D-B013
  • Range: Satellite
  • Brand: Toshiba

Im not very familiar with laptops, I'm mostly into desktop PC. I got not much info about the brands either, I know Sony laps are super duper expensive.

Anyway what do you guys think about this specific model?

Edited by Magnum

The specs are:

• Communications:
  • I/O Ports:
  • 1 x HDMI

Im not very familiar with laptops, I'm mostly into desktop PC. I got not much info about the brands either, I know Sony laps are super duper expensive.

How much are you quoted for this and what do you intend to use it for? Do you plan to game on it?

It's manufacture refurbished and its AU$ 539

Retail price is AU $783

It's mainly for university work, movies and browsing internet

Yeah I'll be playing games time to time as well

How much are you quoted for this and what do you intend to use it for? Do you plan to game on it?

The price seems to be all right and its powerful enough for uni work/browsing/movies. But if you are planning to play games that VGA would hold you back. Radeon R5 M230 is the low end card of the R5 mobile chipset series and would struggle playing modern games sometimes even at low settings.

Edited by ramishkad

I'm not into high end latest games, I just need it to able to run average games with higher settings. Those Intel HD graphics aren't any good either. I noticed huge improvement on my PCs smoothness when I upgraded to an old 512mb Nvidia graphics card from the on board Intel HD graphics

The specs are:

• Communications:
  • I/O Ports:
  • 1 x HDMI

It's manufacture refurbished and its AU$ 539

Retail price is AU $783

It's mainly for university work, movies and browsing internet

Yeah I'll be playing games time to time as well

The price is decent (I'd expect to pay more, I guess its because you're getting the refurbished version but there's nothing wrong with that as it will come with a 1 year warranty).

The only draw back I see is that you are running Windows 8.1 on a computer that doesn't have a touch screen which is VERY annoying in the long run.

(Also if you are looking at anything else: Avoid computers running Windows 8.0. Windows 8.1 is much less annoying; and takes the sting out of the the new and in my opinion much crappier, Windows OS that got rolled out. The only thing is that Windows 8.1 as is Windows 8.0, are designed for systems with a touch screen interface...)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="279658" data-time="1436391778"><p>

Guys Im thinking of going for a Toshiba Satellite L50D-B013<br />

The specs are: <br />

<ul class='bbc'><li>Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64bit) <br /></li><li>Processor: AMD A8-6410M Quad Core (2.0GHz-2.4GHz, 1866MHz MC, 4MB L3 Cache) <br /></li><li>Display: 15.6" (39.6cm) Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display (1366 x 768) <br /></li><li>Memory: 8GB DDR3L (1600Mhz) RAM <br /></li><li>Storage: 1TB (5400rpm) SATA HDD <br /></li><li>Graphics Engine: 2GB AMD Radeon R5 M230 Graphics <br /></li><li>Optical Drive: DVD-SuperMulti Drive <br /></li><li>Sound/Audio: Skullcandy sound with combined Microphone & Headphone ports <br /></li><li>Camera: HD Webcam/Microphone <br /></li><li>Communications:<br />

<ul class='bbc'><li>Ethernet: 10/100Mbps LAN <br /></li><li>Wireless: 802.11(b/g/n) WLAN <br /></li><li>Bluetooth: Toshiba Bluetooth V4.0 </li></ul></li><li>I/O Ports:<br /></li><li>3 x USB Ports (2 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB 2.0) + Sleep & Charge <br /></li><li>1 x Bridge Media Slot (SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC) <br /></li><li>1 x SVGA Video Port - RGB <br /></li><li>1 x HDMI <br /></li><li>Power: Battery, AC Adapter & Power Cable included <br /></li><li>Dimensions: Approx. (W) 38cm x (D) 25.9cm x (H) 2.35cm <br /></li><li>Weight: Approx. 2.2kg <br /></li><li>Colour: Luxe White <br /></li><li>Part Number: PSKUQA-01300S <br /></li><li>Model: L50D-B013 <br /></li><li>Range: Satellite <br /></li><li>Brand: Toshiba</li></ul>

Im not very familiar with laptops, I'm mostly into desktop PC. I got not much info about the brands either, I know Sony laps are super duper expensive.<br />

Anyway what do you guys think about this specific model?<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

I'm on my second Toshiba now. The first one, I use as a media server, door stopper, beer mat, etc. Still reliable and still works like an ox. Bought it in 2009 in USA. The second one bought last year from US again. Same reliability and a lot more bells and whistles. Don't think I'd ever go for any other brand. As for comparison, I put it against my work Mac. Though reliable, I'd still choose the Toshiba over the Mac due to the value for money.

The price is decent (I'd expect to pay more, I guess its because you're getting the refurbished version but there's nothing wrong with that as it will come with a 1 year warranty).

The only draw back I see is that you are running Windows 8.1 on a computer that doesn't have a touch screen which is VERY annoying in the long run.

(Also if you are looking at anything else: Avoid computers running Windows 8.0. Windows 8.1 is much less annoying; and takes the sting out of the the new and in my opinion much crappier, Windows OS that got rolled out. The only thing is that Windows 8.1 as is Windows 8.0, are designed for systems with a touch screen interface...)

I checked out another laptop again windows 8 though but windows 10 is coming out soon so no issue. The model is Toshiba Satellite P50t-A. The seller told me it's got i7, Nvidia gForce graphics card, 1tb hard drive, touch screen but he's not sure of the ram( he told me "it's 12 something") he sounded like a noob so I thought of giving him a visit today and check out the lap. It's used and its 5000 Aussie dollars but he has bought it for 1200$ new.

I googled a bit about this model and found out the specs are:

15.6-inch 1920x1080 touchscreen display

2.6kg

Intel i7 4700MQ 2.4GHZ Quad Core CPU

16GB RAM

1TB 5,400rpm Hard Drive

GeForce GT740M Graphics

The specs are:

• Communications:

• I/O Ports:

• 1 x HDMI

I'm on my second Toshiba now. The first one, I use as a media server, door stopper, beer mat, etc. Still reliable and still works like an ox. Bought it in 2009 in USA. The second one bought last year from US again. Same reliability and a lot more bells and whistles. Don't think I'd ever go for any other brand. As for comparison, I put it against my work Mac. Though reliable, I'd still choose the Toshiba over the Mac due to the value for money.
I wasn't sure about the reliability of Toshiba and you cleared that out. I think some 4-5 year old model HPs had heating issues. About Mac, they aren't bad but it's just hard for us windows users to use it!

I wasn't sure about the reliability of Toshiba and you cleared that out. I think some 4-5 year old model HPs had heating issues. About Mac, they aren't bad but it's just hard for us windows users to use it!

You'd be surprised at how fast you adapt once you get one. Plus once you start using OS X you'll see how intuitive it is, and you'll wonder why you wanted things any other way. In my opinion it beats PC/Windows hands down, especially when you factor in their retina displays, the stability and the boot-up speed. The only drawback is the eye watering cost.

Edited by Kavvz

You'd be surprised at how fast you adapt once you get one. Plus once you start using OS X you'll see how intuitive it is, and you'll wonder why you wanted things any other way. In my opinion it beats PC/Windows hands down, especially when you factor in their retina displays, the stability and the boot-up speed. The only drawback is the eye watering cost.

Doesn't Sony also go for similar price as Apple Mac? Yeah I get what you're trying but still some stuff takes more work than windows, like you have to hold a key on the keyboard to right click and so on. It depends from person to person, the OSX vs Windows is just like iOS and Android

And no gaming rite? Can I play NFS rivals on OS X?

I don't think there's games for OSX Edited by Magnum

Disclaimer: I don't play much games. The only game I completed was NFS Most Wanted, eons ago.

We had one Mac at office running Windows until two weeks back. The machine was used solely for gaming and the guys had hooked up a Logitech G27. We had Dirt, Assetto Corsa, F1 2014, Euro Truck Simulator among some others. Absolutely no lag and the graphics were amazing.

We bought the Macs in December 2011 and this Mac has 4GB worth of RAMs in it. But according to the guys the Mac is by far one of the best gaming rigs they've played on. Also, the sounds are pretty amazing as well. I started looking up Koenigsigg because the sound of the Koenigsigg on the Mac brought me almost ejaculatory pleasure.

Also, Windows 7 on the Mac was surprisingly fast, like as if they designed Windows 7 for the Mac. Everything, I mean everything was spot on and I've never ever experienced Windows as good as on that Mac. We had to use a normal keyboard since Apple keyboard was a pain to use on Windows. But apart from that minor issue, Windows on Mac is one of the best things I've come to see on a computer I've used.

Edited by Sierra Charlie

The best thing about the Macs is how very well integrated the hardware with the software. They have a natural edge over Windows or Linux since they only have about 5-6 current models at any given time. Also, their hardware progression seems to follow a tight increment. (Imagine a series of boxes arranged like 2*2, 4*4, 8*8, 16*16, etc.) So, the OS fits in seamlessly.

The best thing I like about the Macs is the hardware. I mean the Apple keyboard alone is one of the best things I've come to use. the keys have the perfect travel and response and same goes for the Magic mouse.

I've had software issues on the Macs. Those are very rare and very far between. But Macs do get them. You can sort those out but it's infinitely difficult to troubleshoot than on a windows machine. Every time I had a software issue, it took me at least a day to sort it out, with or without Time Machine.

General use of a Mac is quite satisfying. Our Macs are a bit old so we have the luxury of upgradable RAMs, but no retina displays. Switching between Macs and Windows often tends to drive you nuts. Some controls are at the opposite ends, especially the OK/Cancel buttons.

No clue. The only games I play now are just cellphone games to kill time in queues.

...We had one Mac at office running Windows until two weeks back. The machine was used solely for gaming and the guys had hooked up a Logitech G27. We had Dirt, Assetto Corsa, F1 2014, Euro Truck Simulator among some others. Absolutely no lag and the graphics were amazing.

We bought the Macs in December 2011 and this Mac has 4GB worth of RAMs in it. But according to the guys the Mac is by far one of the best gaming rigs they've played on. Also, the sounds are pretty amazing as well. I started looking up Koenigsigg because the sound of the Koenigsigg on the Mac brought me almost ejaculatory pleasure.

Also, Windows 7 on the Mac was surprisingly fast, like as if they designed Windows 7 for the Mac. Everything, I mean everything was spot on and I've never ever experienced Windows as good as on that Mac. We had to use a normal keyboard since Apple keyboard was a pain to use on Windows. But apart from that minor issue, Windows on Mac is one of the best things I've come to see on a computer I've used.

Pretty cool office! And that's a new one. Most people end up running OS X on pc's rather than the other way around! Quite an interesting situation, so I take it you guys work in graphic design and hijacked one of the office machines for a gaming rig? Hilarious! How did you guys get away with that one?