• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Info On Pressure Washers

jdnet

Hi guys,

So i'm thinking about buying a pressure washer tomorow and would like to know exactly what pressure I should be looking at. The Karcher ones are at 90 bar and do not have any soap attachments which I think would be a PIA if I have to carry a bucket of soap together with the washer around the car. It did not have wheels on it either. There was a chinese one at 120 bar with both a soap bottle and wheels for 13,000. The Karcher was close to 15,000. Which one would you chose? I have to wash three cars a week btw.

This Einhell washer is available for around 14,000 in some hardware stores marketed by St. Anothonys co.

cbf49a23667d4ba15936160.jpg

Pressure washer made with impact resistant plastic housing for universal application, e. g. for cleaning terrace and

vehicles. The high pressure washer has an automatic motor shut-down, which switch on and off the engine by operation

of the hand air pistol. Thus one saves not only the course to the equipment separates itself lowers completely

substantially the cost of electricity and water, preserves the pump and naturally also the environment.

BT-HP 160 High pressure washer

Features

Fold-out tensile proving ring (1)

5 m high pressure hose (2)

Connection nipple for hose coupling (3)

Detergent tank (4)

Lance with rotor nozzle (5)

Lance with adjustable point and broad jet (6)

3-cylinder piston pump

Automatic cut-off in no-load position

Mobile

Pistol grip with lance extension

Technical data

Mains: 230 - 240 V ~ 50 Hz

Power: 2,000 W

Speed: 18,000 min-1

System pressure: max. 160 bar

Water throughput: 360 l/h

Water temperature: max. 60°C

Water inlet pressure: max. 4 bar

Net weight: 8.6 kg

Gross weight: 9.5 kg

Packing dimensions: 330 x 320 x 525 mm

Bar code: 4006825 546408

Sales unit: 1 pc

hi,

Better to go for the Chinese one. I am having other one which gave me trouble within 6 months although I am not a frequent washer. However the agent repaired it as it was guarantee period.

It has a soap attachment but to be fixed to a outside bucket to carry around the car.

Good luck

hi,

Better to go for the Chinese one. I am having other one which gave me trouble within 6 months although I am not a frequent washer. However the agent repaired it as it was guarantee period.

It has a soap attachment but to be fixed to a outside bucket to carry around the car.

Good luck

Thanks for the into both of you. BTW I think I'll check the St. Antony's one. The karcher seems impractical with having to carry around a bucket of soap along with the actual washer.

This may be a stupid question, are there any negative side effects in washing the car using this kind of pressure on a weekly basis??

Using too high of a pressure, having the nozzle too close to the paint and concentrating it on one area without fanning it out would infact damage the paint after repeated use. But, if used correctly it would not harm the paint at all. If you have vinyls and other stickers you want to keep then you gotta be a little more cautious. Oh yeah and an obvious thing is that if your paint is peeling it would increase it.

Hi guys,

So i'm thinking about buying a pressure washer tomorow and would like to know exactly what pressure I should be looking at. The Karcher ones are at 90 bar and do not have any soap attachments which I think would be a PIA if I have to carry a bucket of soap together with the washer around the car. It did not have wheels on it either. There was a chinese one at 120 bar with both a soap bottle and wheels for 13,000. The Karcher was close to 15,000. Which one would you chose? I have to wash three cars a week btw.

Whoa, three cars a week! thats a bummer but should be a good work out too. Those peices sound really cheap compared to here. I was thinking of sending one but now I think, buying one locally should be the wat to go. Personally no experience except for Karcher. I think it's a very good brand and good quality product but if it dosen't have what you are looking for, what is the point. Let us know one you have got it as I'm interested in getting one.

For those of you who have little access to water, let me recommend a product I use. It's called Optimum No Rinse Wash. You just need two buckets of water to wash an entire car without having to worry about grit scratching the paint. I tried this after seeing reviews about it on a BMW Forum. A lot of detailing experts have recommended it. The only option I had before was to use the automatic or a self service car wash.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/onrwns.htm

Hi guys,

jdnet' timestamp,

I think most suitable one for you is Chinese H/P washer as Kacher is little bit expensive if you go for Kacher go for go for one with the Induction motor not the Armature type (Universal Motor.

We are not regular uses of H/P washers like Detailing service centers.

I do use a Chinese H/P washer for more than 5 years only problem with them is the pressure hose that get damaged after about one year now they are very cheap you can get the pressure hose with a new washing gun for under Rs.1500/= or only Hose separately.

From 1990 till 2005 I used a Kacher H/P washer when three piston housing got damaged I had to discard same.

Under is about motors I got from the Web.

Comparison of motor types

Comparison of motor Advantages Disadvantages Typical Application Typical Drive

AC Induction

(Shaded Pole) Least expensive

Long life

high power Rotation slips from frequency

Low starting torque Fans Uni/Poly-phase AC

AC Induction

(split-phase capacitor) High power

high starting torque Rotation slips from frequency Appliances

Stationary Power Tools Uni/Poly-phase AC

Universal motor High starting torque, compact, high speed Maintenance (brushes)

Medium lifespan Drill, blender, vacuum cleaner, insulation blowers Uni-phase AC or Direct DC

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hey folks. So after checking a few out I ended up buying the 120 bar chinese one. Bargained and got it for 12,000. The place that bought it from does repairs on them too but if it lasts more than three months it will pay for for itself so I can't complain. 120 seems like a good pressure. BTW it did have a longer hose and power cord than the karcher and it has a soap bottle attached to the body. Kinda like the einhell one.

Hey folks. So after checking a few out I ended up buying the 120 bar chinese one. Bargained and got it for 12,000. The place that bought it from does repairs on them too but if it lasts more than three months it will pay for for itself so I can't complain. 120 seems like a good pressure. BTW it did have a longer hose and power cord than the karcher and it has a soap bottle attached to the body. Kinda like the einhell one.

I bought a cheap Chinese one for Rs7500 a couple of years ago, They are very reliable.

jdnet' timestamp,

You had paid the correct price for 120 Bar H/P washer I bought mine few years back for 8000 same preasure. Chinese H/P washers are very good machines they have plenty of spares in Panchigawathe. Very really Motor gives trouble Capacitor will have to change after some time good buy.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you please tell me the place?

Hi guys,

Saw Black & Decker advertise one - Browns are the agents - just check them out. Not too sure on the price though

90 bar is good enough ......

Saw Black & Decker advertise one - Browns are the agents - just check them out. Not too sure on the price though

90 bar is good enough ......

'mazdaspeed',

Black and Decker is originally from UK what browns have is it UK or made in any other country.Do you want for your personal use or to do commercial washing. I use Chinese for last three years for my personal use without any problems on the main unit I have changed one cleaning pressure hose with the washing gun which I paid Rs. 1000.00.

Go in for Chinese H/P washer over 100 Bar I have seen them used by most of small time auto washing stations. Kacher is good with good after sales service cost will be much more than Chinese.

I have fitted Chinese H/P washers for industrial washing 3Phase 1000 bar to use three washing guns at a time for last five years they have not given much problems on their motors and the H/P pump section only the washing gun hoses and few electrical problems.Owner of the said units have made four times the cost of those H/P wasting units

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

• 9 months later...

Guys, Im also planning to buy a pressure washer for domestic use. Im bit keen on getting a abans one which is under 10k,but its a chineese. Hope JD or anyone already using chineese one will help me out to chose the right product.

The hose on my unit has split near the connection to the main unit. I suppose one can cut the hose and use the good part (part to be cut is < 5 cm) and then fix the locking nut at the new edge (looks like the hose end is crimped to the nut section). Anyone know where I can get the hose repaired ?

oh and the brand is WIPRO

The hose on my unit has split near the connection to the main unit. I suppose one can cut the hose and use the good part (part to be cut is < 5 cm) and then fix the locking nut at the new edge (looks like the hose end is crimped to the nut section). Anyone know where I can get the hose repaired ?

oh and the brand is WIPRO

LS 110,

You have to get it crimped there are number of crimping shops in Panchi kawathe any hose crimping shop will do it for you or try any lathe shop you have to turn out a nipple to suit the fixing nut.By fixing a hose clip do not stop the hose due to high water pressure.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Guys, Im also planning to buy a pressure washer for domestic use. Im bit keen on getting a abans one which is under 10k,but its a chineese. Hope JD or anyone already using chineese one will help me out to chose the right product.

H C,

Chinese h/p washers are good for your use Abans what is the bar pressure and what is the motor is it armature type. Do not buy the armature type.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

H C,

Chinese h/p washers are good for your use Abans what is the bar pressure and what is the motor is it armature type. Do not buy the armature type.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you very much Mr.Silvi. Its a induction motor type and it has discussed earlier in this thread( brand is Anlu). Abans gives 1y warranty. Im bit worried about its durability. Anyway i'll go for it!

Thank you very much Mr.Silvi. Its a induction motor type and it has discussed earlier in this thread( brand is Anlu). Abans gives 1y warranty. Im bit worried about its durability. Anyway i'll go for it!

H C,

I use a Chinese machine for last five or six years so far no trouble, only one pressure hose was changed. "Abans" service is good, buy that one what is the bar pressure.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.