• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mk1

k89

• 2 weeks later...

HI Pal!

Yes..there are two Mk1 Mini cooper s' in Sri Lanka.One belongs to Mr Leslie N de Silva.His son Lakmal is using it for competition.

Other one is illegaly imported to SL .It has a 3 sri Regd and was imported from UK in 1999.The car is a 1969 Mk1 with a rare 970cc Cooper S motor.

Want more details abt 2nd MK1 :) ?

Ha ha U guys really want to know heh? :lol:

Well the rules I follow prevents me giving the name out...furthest i can tell is that he is a military pilot :lol: he owns three other rare cars including a Mini thirty Limited Edition anniversary model..mind you the rest are all legal beauties.hope this gave you a major hint of the owner.

If time permits, will post a few pics of the Mk1 beauty.

want more? B)

Ha ha U guys really want to know heh? :lol:

Well the rules I follow prevents me giving the name out...furthest i can tell is that he is a military pilot :lol: he owns three other rare cars including a Mini thirty Limited Edition anniversary model..mind you the rest are all legal beauties.hope this gave you a major hint of the owner.

If time permits, will post a few pics of the Mk1 beauty.

want more? B)

hey mate i really like 2 see yo minis cos im also crazy on them..whts yo location..will u let us 2 see them..

hey mate i really like 2 see yo minis cos im also crazy on them..whts yo location..will u let us 2 see them..

Yo Mate Gaya!

There s something i need to clarify...The Mk1 and the rest of the beauties belongs to a friend of mine.

Of course you can have a look at my collection of babes..including a rare 1989 Black Limited Edition 1000cc Auto...and my colletion of Mini engines including Ex-Paddy Hopkirk 1990 Pirelli Classic marathon winning 1080cc.will let you know how and when .

I live near Jaela :)!

Yo Mate Gaya!

There s something i need to clarify...The Mk1 and the rest of the beauties belongs to a friend of mine.

Of course you can have a look at my collection of babes..including a rare 1989 Black Limited Edition 1000cc Auto...and my colletion of Mini engines including Ex-Paddy Hopkirk 1990 Pirelli Classic marathon winning 1080cc.will let you know how and when .

I live near Jaela :)!

hey mate now u drives me crazy..ja ela means thudella is it?(yo location)...keep me informed .. its just 5 mins 2 ya place i think ha ha

Buddy Gaya!

Yo detective...I think u r very close to catch me...I guess U r the ideal candidate to catch Bin Laden B)

Well a little correction ..I live in Katunayake..but I often visit my uncle in Thudella..in my Black 1000cc.Im active in nights in my Minis..last night i touched 120-130km/h down tudella.I Follow Bin Laden and Axel Foley so the cops cant catch me :lol:

I still like to keep my identity a secret ..but i got caught to Mr Mivec-Turbo...only he knows my real identity :mellow:

Will show my beauties soon...wanna try a burn against minis? :P he he just kidding pal but wait till i go NOS..may be a first for a mini hah?

What happened to ur Balck Mini and the 5 sri Yellow?

Buddy Gaya!

Yo detective...I think u r very close to catch me...I guess U r the ideal candidate to catch Bin Laden B)

Well a little correction ..I live in Katunayake..but I often visit my uncle in Thudella..in my Black 1000cc.Im active in nights in my Minis..last night i touched 120-130km/h down tudella.I Follow Bin Laden and Axel Foley so the cops cant catch me :lol:

I still like to keep my identity a secret ..but i got caught to Mr Mivec-Turbo...only he knows my real identity :mellow:

Will show my beauties soon...wanna try a burn against minis? :P he he just kidding pal but wait till i go NOS..may be a first for a mini hah?

eh? Wasn't Axel Foley supposed to be Eddie Murphy's character in "Beverly Hills Cop"?

Will show my beauties soon...wanna try a burn against minis? :mellow: he he just kidding pal but wait till i go NOS..may be a first for a mini hah?

h.m.m.m luv to see that nos loaded monster..(well teach me some mini skills when yo free)..cos im really in love with it..both the black n the yellow sold..looking for a 3 sri basic to load up for the one make mini event..its nice if u can give a help on it..luv 2 burn in with the minis cos @ the moment does only with honda's..keep in touch mate..last night drags 2 ekala streach..good start @ 1.45am ha ha like to get in yo mini n see how it goes @ ekala streach..

well about nos..i tried a kit bought from Sohaine of xtreme but the limited space of engine bay due to oil cooler and my weber carb delayed the installation.Im awaiting a fresh one.limited buget hampers that too :lol:

Yeah the night life down Ekala is happening good! this turned out to be a pre race tuning tests turned drags now! A mini race driver touched 150+ yesterday night!!! B)

Gaya mate..dont try a 3 sri for Mini one make. class..you are about to make a very big mistake..instead try a post 1983 Mini model...take my word! tell you why when we meet! :mellow:

Cheers!

well about nos..i tried a kit bought from Sohaine of xtreme but the limited space of engine bay due to oil cooler and my weber carb delayed the installation.Im awaiting a fresh one.limited buget hampers that too B)

Yeah the night life down Ekala is happening good! this turned out to be a pre race tuning tests turned drags now! A mini race driver touched 150+ yesterday night!!! :)

Gaya mate..dont try a 3 sri for Mini one make. class..you are about to make a very big mistake..instead try a post 1983 Mini model...take my word! tell you why when we meet! :)

Cheers!

well post 1983 no way my father doent even let me go near his post 83 mini..guesss my i had 2 fix my beloved ford lazer again for the 10-12 event but mini ace that subaru station wagon(differnt wheel base) n the converted double curb(mx) in to single carb(ex) eg8 is making that event dumb..those cars r no match for the cool lasers in it..any comments mates?

well post 1983 no way my father doent even let me go near his post 83 mini..guesss my i had 2 fix my beloved ford lazer again for the 10-12 event but mini ace that subaru station wagon(differnt wheel base) n the converted double curb(mx) in to single carb(ex) eg8 is making that event dumb..those cars r no match for the cool lasers in it..any comments mates?

Ha ha then its high time for a serious father and son talk...convince him and rob his Mini...or else try another Mini.

Well i think i should not talk about the Station wagon and converted EG8...coz im dissapointed...but the only way to come over the situation is introducing a mega machine with correct tuning and let them eat the dust!!

Im sure 2006 is gonna be a hell of a season!

In the Mini event its the same...No good challange to Ajith as well.He does good race lines and handling...when Rohit was there Ajit always settled second behind and in his absence things became boring.Its rumoured that Samantha brought down a UK tuned engine and so did Dilshan!

Cheers!

Ha ha then its high time for a serious father and son talk...convince him and rob his Mini...or else try another Mini.

Well i think i should not talk about the Station wagon and converted EG8...coz im dissapointed...but the only way to come over the situation is introducing a mega machine with correct tuning and let them eat the dust!!

Im sure 2006 is gonna be a hell of a season!

In the Mini event its the same...No good challange to Ajith as well.He does good race lines and handling...when Rohit was there Ajit always settled second behind and in his absence things became boring.Its rumoured that Samantha brought down a UK tuned engine and so did Dilshan!

Cheers!

mmmm.cool but ajith is the best..wish rohith was there it was my fav event for the lat 5 years n officiated every meet in pannala but u never can take yo eyes off rohith when he drives ..so so mr samantha gunawardana n dilshan b is going to make it more hot..thats good..

miniace, tell me some thing, apart from good old cyril bass and Nugegoda saman is there any good mini friendly machanic in south of colombo?

Im sorry i dont know any relible mechanic down Colombo...the only person who did a satisfactory job for one of my minis in Colombo is Mr Weerakkody of Dias Garage Slave Island.He is not a Mini expert but he is a good Engineer and having good brainy mechanics.Can give more info on him!

But I always recomend Mr Ajith Hemachandra of Roadstar Motors...its worth bringing your machine to Seeduwa (only 30mins drive from colombo).

Any bodywork modification or paint work..its none other than Mr Rohith De Silva!

I tried so many mechanics and ended up draining my wallet.Only these two did good for me.take my word!

Ajiths brother Anil of Roadstar is handling my new MK6 now.Im more than happy, the way thing being done!

Remember a Mini always needs a gentle touch of a good mechanic! never let abused!

Cheers!

[Remember a Mini always needs a gentle touch of a good mechanic! never let abused!

Cheers!

any comments on mr t.g gamini n mr galhena n their mini works?

[Remember a Mini always needs a gentle touch of a good mechanic! never let abused!

Cheers!

any comments on mr t.g gamini n mr galhena n their mini works?

Mr TGN Gamini is good but he is not into professional repairs! and his availibility is another quaestion.I honestly dont know about Mr Galhenas work,Because I only Take my fleet to Mr Ajith and Rohith.

Mr Ajith is an expert with good motoring qualities.Have you ever tried his work?