• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exchange Of Car

tombo

I have a EE96 corolla wagon 1991 mint, pepeliyana car sale agreed to exchange this + 150000.00 for Maruti JZ no car meter reading is 43,000.00 KM. is is worth this transaction, is it reasonable, pls advice

thanking you

Hi mate,

Exchanging good Jap car with Indian Maruti .... quite strange.Is it for ur wife ? :)

As per my experience, exchanging (specially with a car sale buyers) won't give any benifit to you .If you really want to sell ur car, do it along and you can get a good maruti(if you really want) saving sth like 50,000 compared to ur above deal.

Problems with your deal:

Toyota - Reliable, easy to maintain, bad to get rid of

Maruti - Useless pieces of crap which wear out too soon and break down for no reason. And something with 43,000 km on the odo is like guaranteed trouble.

So if you want to get a good deal, move to a newer good Japanese hatchback or whatever. Starlet, March, Civic are good in that sense.

Good luck!

PS - Hope you won't have a problem about advertising

Problems with your deal:

Toyota - Reliable, easy to maintain, bad to get rid of

Maruti - Useless pieces of crap which wear out too soon and break down for no reason. And something with 43,000 km on the odo is like guaranteed trouble.

So if you want to get a good deal, move to a newer good Japanese hatchback or whatever. Starlet, March, Civic are good in that sense.

Good luck!

PS - Hope you won't have a problem about advertising

I beg to differ. I agree it's not a very good car, but it's reliable.

Having said that, I do find it curious as to why the OP wants to sell his Toyota and buy a Maruti. Is it the age you're concerned about?

Edited by Big_D

Dude, no need to go all caps :) Was just telling you about those two brands. Anyway, we sold a Corolla 110 manual petrol recently for 20 lakhs, while all others are going for around 15-18 price :D So you should be able to get a decent price. I think this is similar to your car but a little older? http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=37201

I beg to differ. I agree it's not a very good car, but it's reliable.

Having said that, I do find it curious as to why the OP wants to sell his Toyota and buy a Maruti. Is it the age you're concerned about?

Well having to replace parts like every 10k km or so and having a crude engine makes it unreliable in my opinion. :) A friend nearby had both the 800 and Alto, they were just such crap, he just sold them and bought a Civic hatch, still keeping that.

Well having to replace parts like every 10k km or so and having a crude engine makes it unreliable in my opinion. :) A friend nearby had both the 800 and Alto, they were just such crap, he just sold them and bought a Civic hatch, still keeping that.

He must have treated it pretty badly then. We used a 800 for 7 years. No major repairs, except for routine stuff like the timing belt and shocks. 70,000 on the clock and still running strong. Sold it in a heartbeat.

He must have treated it pretty badly then. We used a 800 for 7 years. No major repairs, except for routine stuff like the timing belt and shocks. 70,000 on the clock and still running strong. Sold it in a heartbeat.

Oh well, it was used as any other car is and the Honda isn't giving any problems so far, even though it has done more than 150k km on it and the 800 didn't even have half that. Maybe different plant or unique case then, cuz even an uncle who has got a Maruti Alto says not good, so does another person who got a WagonR for the permit. :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Oh well, it was used as any other car is and the Honda isn't giving any problems so far, even though it has done more than 150k km on it and the 800 didn't even have half that. Maybe different plant or unique case then, cuz even an uncle who has got a Maruti Alto says not good, so does another person who got a WagonR for the permit. :)

Yeah I suppose. And I guess many people think they use it the same way they use a Japanese vehicle... <_<

not at all, can advertise thing is am in hurry to buy another car friend thanks for your comment

Btw, check this thread out. Should be useful.

my main problem with this car is age and fuel consumption , otherwise EE96 really heavy duty car and can use for Many purpose

am daily traveling about 45km Ratmalana to Mattakkuliya so fuel cost is very difficult to afford, other thing is most of the time travel only one person in the car. so these are the issues

Hi mate,

Exchanging good Jap car with Indian Maruti .... quite strange.Is it for ur wife ? :)

As per my experience, exchanging (specially with a car sale buyers) won't give any benifit to you .If you really want to sell ur car, do it along and you can get a good maruti(if you really want) saving sth like 50,000 compared to ur above deal.

+1. Most car sale people, especially ones who sell used cars, are crooks. Be extra cautious when dealing with them!

my main problem with this car is age and fuel consumption , otherwise EE96 really heavy duty car and can use for Many purpose

am daily traveling about 45km Ratmalana to Mattakkuliya so fuel cost is very difficult to afford, other thing is most of the time travel only one person in the car. so these are the issues

Have you thought about using the Park and Ride system?

Hi, tombo, though actualy it seems best alternative ,do not exchange it with useless crap like indian maruti instead keep your petrol drinking old EE96 at home just to show others that you are a proud owner of a reputed brand and buy a chinese motorbike to travel that 45kms. :D

Have you thought about using the Park and Ride system?

Hi Mate

Yes , :) take Peri as an example

if you can't afford daily cost park it home and use Shuttle service

probably you get lot of luxury coaches to that area from Colombo

and back to Colombo too,

thanks

regards

sumith

If you are really concerned about the fuel - don't go for an uncomfortable cheap car like maruti. Why don't you try to get a diesel car? You can try for doctor sunny diesel. It's v.reliable car and does good fuel. I am sure it will be a much better ride than a 800cc maruti