• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brand New Ford Mustang Cobra On Our Roads

racerx

Sorry , I wasn't being clear enough. Both the leasor's and lessee's names appear on the title, but the lessee is the rightful owner. When the lease is over or if the vehicle for repoed the dealership will take ownership of the car.

Here's an Carfax (they report the history of the car). Look at item 2 & 3 on the detailed history.

http://www.carfax.co...4n1QQzBDHLNm1h1

the lessee is the rightful owner, or the lessor??

here also both names appear in the registration (lessor as the absolute owner); and you have to get "no objection" from them (e.g. when claiming insurance) etc. so it's not clear what's different in the system here and there (except for carfax type reports)

the lessee is the rightful owner, or the lessor??

here also both names appear in the registration (lessor as the absolute owner); and you have to get "no objection" from them (e.g. when claiming insurance) etc. so it's not clear what's different in the system here and there (except for carfax type reports)

Title is in the name of the lessor (absolute owner). Lessor has the option of allowing the lessee's name and addy. to appear on the registered address section of the title only, so that you (lessee) can handle most of the registration details, use your own plates, get new plates for yourself, and also receive the registration renewal documents to yourself instead of to the owner. You are also taking ownership of the vehicle for traffic offense/insurance purposes. This is the way it worked in most states, but I'm not sure if it is universal across the country.

If you are getting a car from UK you can avoid paying VAT (17.5%) which should make a big difference (at the time of purchase you have to say it's for export; car can't be driven in UK, or can be driven for max. 6 months - I forget the details. of course you have to buy from a VAT registered business, not a private seller).

Well I did check on some dealers, and yes it is cheaper than auctions from Japan. But I think shipping is a bit more. FD2 was given Yen 70000 from St*ff*d, so I guess something like GBP750 from UK? Cars are GB4k-8k which are good too. There was a Boxter and a Z4 for GBP7k, though it'd get HUGE tax here I guess :( Wish I stayed there

also your contacts in UK may be eligible for a gift permit. this wouldn't work for US cos gift permit vehicles have to be RHD

Yea, but only upto 1.6L and not many good cars have that there, other than RX7 or 8, but even they're registered as 2.6L at the DVLA, so not sure how they'd be considered here.

who are you referring to as 'people'???? How come the individuals involved in selling won't have access to that info?

This should be the first thing you should look into if you are planning on bringing in a LHD car. I'm pretty sure after the convert there won't be much of a saving especially if its a average car with a fancy badge.

Salvage title can be hidden if it wasn't claimed form the insurance. But what are the chances of that.

The people who are buying? They can hide some info to intl buyers after all, as we're not going there and checking?

Converting part is what I'm unsure about. The GT500 discussed here may get even a custom made RHD parts or whatever, but I can't. And US cars are slightly different from JDM stuff, so not sure if the exact RHD front is there.

Ok :)

We have such a lovely system too. It's called VAT. Since most cars sold in US is built in North America there's no additional import tax.

'Import duty' for a car is actually in single digits over there (there are few other levies that come on top as well i believe), vaguely remember it been in the region of 4 or 6%.

Yup, but it's obviously not a total tax of ~160% of the brand new car value x what gov gives as depreciation? Why can't they just tax the price we buy for?? :o

Whatever duty in US, an Impreza is still ~$20k (2.3M), Civic Si too, 3 series $35k (4M)? That's much cheaper.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Who is paying taxes for their speed & fun... Their ripping us off telling smoke test & all other stuff.... Never mind Driving a good car..What about the two defenders which pump fuel from our money & the security guys which get paid from our taxes.... (18 in to 30 540k only the salary).........

Fun with security.....Every stuff we buy we pay a thumping amount of tax to make our MPs to have fun...

I think the rule they brought for JPS At least A/L should be there...Should come to these MPS also..Then we can see who will remain....

Way to go man........ :angry-smiley-048: Keep it up..... :violent-smiley-099:

You are damn right man!

They have all their fun with our tax money.

We as distinguished citizens of this country continue to entertain them & their families for generations.

As a result they keep on getting rich & having fun of course with our money.

We are even not allowed to talk about it.

The car belongs to a son of a high ranking politician & probably the highest.

Yup, but it's obviously not a total tax of ~160% of the brand new car value x what gov gives as depreciation? Why can't they just tax the price we buy for?? :o

and trust that people will quote the actual price that they bought it for? you wish.

and trust that people will quote the actual price that they bought it for? you wish.

Well then you do get a bill nah? To prove that you got it at that price? And some trusted third party certifies the value to be true. But wouldn't happen I guess, as that'd decrease gov revenues and make them not have enough money to play hell and have 'fun', and lead their luxurious lives... dry.gif

Whatever duty in US, an Impreza is still ~$20k (2.3M), Civic Si too, 3 series $35k (4M)? That's much cheaper.

Dude there a way things work in a country. Goods sold within the country is subject to a sales tax. That is the 5-10% madmax was talking about. Equivalent of that over here is the VAT.

Any other import item that doesn't fall under NAFTA is subject to an import duty and other levies. That's why the prices over there are cheap. UK has a similar leverage as its part of EU.

If Micro actually start 'building' cars instead of doing cut-but jobs they too will be able to sell them cheap.

On a slightly different note, price of a loaf of bread has gone up by Rs. 3. Who's with me to import a shipment of bread? or atleast a shipment of flour. Anyone kind enough to explain the procedure to do this? LOL....

Sir,

International conspirators would have you believe that the price of bread has risen when the truth is that all these days the great Kingdom of Sri Lanka under the guidance of King Rajapakse has been selling bread and flour at a discounted rate to help rid our country of poverty. Under his guidence Sri Lanka has a 0% poverty rate. With the high wages 99.9% of the Sri Lankan population makes, his highness believes that keeping prices at a discounted rate is not necessary. As a subject of King Rajapakse it would serve you well if you rejoiced the accomplishments we have made and not listen to these western powers who only care about our tea and cricket team.

Any other import item that doesn't fall under NAFTA is subject to an import duty and other levies. That's why the prices over there are cheap. UK has a similar leverage as its part of EU.

Well as far as I can get it, they make a lot of money from the imports while the taxes aren't multiples of that of the cost of the item. In that case, as we still do import stuff even with high stuff, the SL gov should be one of the richest atleast with the currency of the country, but well, I don't see any development using that money for the people of the country, but do see them going in lots of new cars. Those Benz S600s look awesome though.

If Micro actually start 'building' cars instead of doing cut-but jobs they too will be able to sell them cheap.

Not anytime soon I'm afraid, and whatever they actually design seem to have a great tendency to topple over. :o Besides, the current job must be giving more money for the bro of the King.

Sir,

International conspirators would have you believe that the price of bread has risen when the truth is that all these days the great Kingdom of Sri Lanka under the guidance of King Rajapakse has been selling bread and flour at a discounted rate to help rid our country of poverty. Under his guidence Sri Lanka has a 0% poverty rate. With the high wages 99.9% of the Sri Lankan population makes, his highness believes that keeping prices at a discounted rate is not necessary. As a subject of King Rajapakse it would serve you well if you rejoiced the accomplishments we have made and not listen to these western powers who only care about our tea and cricket team.

laugh.gif

You mean the S550s right?

Hmm, maybe then. But I'm sure I saw something like a 600 :o Maybe mistaken cuz they're always fast, the cars of the President I mean, the 3 he takes around when coming to the Kandy house, with the same number plate on all.

Here is the Cobra that's in SL. This was tagged by a friend of mine.

Wow! Thanks a lot, that looks awesome and mean! :)

You know, given a permit (though i dont think this particular owner really needs the tax benifits of one) and enough money to buy almost anything, I dont think a mustang would be my choice. IMO, as nice as it looks, its not the classiest, and those red contrasting lines dont exactly say 'taste' either.

Oh well, his money his car...

I don't think there's any policeman in this country who has the balls to arrest the driver.

laugh.gif

That's what you're worried about? :P

Nah, just wondering what'd happen if we try that wink.gif

I too was wondering why the red stripes, cuz check it out on the site, blue looks much better on silver :) Or black...

Edited by BLu3HaZe